NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Wii Fitness/health - my idea

A few nights ago, I was chatting to ViPeR on MSN, whilst also browsing the great internet for random pieces of information.

My search led me to the wikipedia site for the Nintendo64.

Here is the link:Wikipedia reference-linkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64

My eyes wandered towards the bottom, and I found this piece of information, about a third party accessory:

Bio Sensor - An ear-clip that plugs into the Controller Pak slot of the N64 controller to measure the user's heart rate. Released only in Japan and compatible only with Tetris 64 where it will slow down or speed up the game depending on how fast the player's heart is beating.

It's a great shame we never got to see this over here, but maybe it could be incorporated into that Wii health 'game' that has been briefly mentioned?

The idea is, like brain training, you partake in small activities a day. A bio sensor could be attached to the wiimote, and to your body, which will measure your heart-rate. I think this leaves the door open for many, many possibilites. For example, you could perform many motions with the Wiimotes, such as stretches. Simultaneously, the bio sensor will record your heart rate, and it will feed you back your information to you at the end. It keeps a daily log of how well you're doing, whether your heart rate is above normall, below normal for your age, etc.

What do you guys think? what would you like to see?

Well the fitness/health game has been announced...but the "bio sensor" idea is great.

hmmm very interesting and very possible...

and you guys have a lot more interesting a MSN conversations than I ever have as well.

personally horror games scare the shit out of me and are a great laugh, so why not have something like this with resident evil, where the higher the heart rate, the faster you can run or something. just an idea.

This'd be the kind of game that is the Wii's Brain Training/Nintendogs. I hope Nintendo is reading :smile:

personally horror games scare the shit out of me and are a great laugh, so why not have something like this with resident evil, where the higher the heart rate, the faster you can run or something. just an idea.

That would be very cool and maybe a slight auto-aim because of an adrenaline rush could be implemented as well. But then the question is what would some gamers do. Surely there would be people who try to max out their heartrate so the game becomes easier.

Therefore maybe if the heartrate was too high, your vision would become blurry and you'd barely be able to aim or even die in-game of a heart attack before you do so in RL.

Sign in to follow this