NEurope
Atomic Boo

Do my Penguin for me

Just saw this thread....

Gonna start an english literature essay and its on the Franklin's Tale by Chaucer. The title is "Which character is the most "fre"?

Any good websites or even better, any of you got ready written essays???Any tips will help.

Thanks in advance chaps.

Thanks so far guys :D

Now on to Indices, I thought I knew how to do these but I can't seem to figure out a couple...

1 Simplify

b) t^5 ∕ t^-2

e) (k^-4)^-5

f) m^7/5 ∕ m2∕5

g) (t^3/7) 28

2 Express with postive indices

a) t^-3

b) 4e^-7

Express in index form

a) sqr 17

b) ^4sqr x

c) ^5sqrm^3

Just saw this thread....

Gonna start an english literature essay and its on the Franklin's Tale by Chaucer. The title is "Which character is the most "fre"?

Any good websites or even better, any of you got ready written essays???Any tips will help.

Thanks in advance chaps.

Had a look at this?

http://www.gradesaver.com/classicnotes/titles/canterbury/section15.html

1 Simplify

b) t^5 ∕ t^-2

e) (k^-4)^-5

1)

b) t^5 ∕ t^-2

= t^(5--2)

=t^7

e) (k^-4)^-5

=k^(-4*-5)

=k^20

Thanks so far guys :D

Now on to Indices, I thought I knew how to do these but I can't seem to figure out a couple...

1 Simplify

b) t^5 ∕ t^-2

e) (k^-4)^-5

f) m^7/5 ∕ m2∕5

g) (t^3/7) 28

2 Express with postive indices

a) t^-3

b) 4e^-7

Express in index form

a) sqr 17

b) ^4sqr x

c) ^5sqrm^3

(b) t^7

(e) k^20

(f) Could you write it out with more brackets? It may be any number of things.

(g) Ditto.

(a) 1/(t^3)

(b) 4/(e^7)

(a) 17^(1/2)

(b) More brackets needed again.

© Same.

Which part in particular? :heh: :wink:

All of it.

I even go to after school maths club, but it doesn't ever sink in.

I also have an exam next Tuesday D:

All of it.

I even go to after school maths club, but it doesn't ever sink in.

I also have an exam next Tuesday D:

Module? 10

Had a maths exam today (C1), pretty easy, but I'm in desparate need to revise stats next week. Should get through it fine, but I need as many marks as I can get.

I had M3 today. Was mostly okay. I've got S3 on Friday, then FP2 on Tuesday and FP1 on Thursday.

I dont know what that is :red:

I think he was trying to ask what the syllabus of your course was.

I had M3 today. Was mostly okay. I've got S3 on Friday, then FP2 on Tuesday and FP1 on Thursday.

I think he was trying to ask what the syllabus of your course was.

M3? S3? What level are you at? Is that Mechanics and Stats? What's FP2 and FP1? Sorry for all the questions, I miss maths and I don't get to do enough of it :(

Anyone know any good Philosophy websites relating to Epistimology IE. Theory of Knowledge?

I'm trying to start an essay and have looked around but can't find any good sites to help me out.

Thanks in advance :P

I have a C1 exam on Tuesday morn. All about Suds and indices and differentiation. Best start revising sometime soon.

I might use this, mathsnet. Teacher had it up in class a couple times, musnt be hard to revise from.

Thanks again :D

I'm not really sure how to put brackets in as i'm copying it straight out from the sheet.

1 Simplify

f) m ^7⌠5 / m ^2/5

g) (t^3⌠7) ^28

3 Express In Index Form

b) ^4√x

c) ^5√^3

Heres some more.... sorry :(

Indices and Surds

4 Evaluate

a) 4 ^3 √v^5 when v = 8

b) t ^1⌠4 when t = 81

5 Simplify

a) √27

b) √7 + 5√7-2√7

c) √18+√2

Express 14/√6 with a rational denominator in its simplest form.

Can someone teach me maths? :(

Feel free to PM me anything you need help with and I'll do my best to explain.

http://www.s-cool.co.uk is fairly useful website for most GCSE and A-level subjects.

I would help on here more but Supergrunch and MoogleViper seem to beat me to it.

@Calza

f) (m^(7/5))/(m^(2/5))=m^(5/5)=m^1=m

g) (t^(3/7))^28 = t^(84/7) = t^(12)

3, (from what im guessing by notation)

b) x^(1/4)

c) x^(3/5)

4. (again notations a bit funny, I might be doing a different q to what you mean)

a) (4^3)*(8^5)^(1/2) = 64*(32768)^(1/2)=64*181.01....=11585.2375

b) t^(1/4) = 81^(1/4) =3, ((3*3)*(3*3)=9*9=81)

a) √(27) = √(3*3*3) - 3√(3)

b) √7+5√7-2√7 = 4√(7)

c) √(18)+√(2) = √(3*3*2)+ √(2) = 3√(2)+√(2) = 4√(2)

14/(√6)

multiplu top and bottom by √(6)

14/(√6) = (14/6)*√(6) = (7*√6)/3

M3? S3? What level are you at? Is that Mechanics and Stats? What's FP2 and FP1? Sorry for all the questions, I miss maths and I don't get to do enough of it :(

I'm finishing A2 further maths this January. M3 is mechanics 3, same for statistics, FP stands for further pure.

Thanks again :D

I'm not really sure how to put brackets in as i'm copying it straight out from the sheet.

1 Simplify

f) m ^7⌠5 / m ^2/5

g) (t^3⌠7) ^28

3 Express In Index Form

b) ^4√x

c) ^5√^3

Heres some more.... sorry :(

Indices and Surds

4 Evaluate

a) 4 ^3 √v^5 when v = 8

b) t ^1⌠4 when t = 81

5 Simplify

a) √27

b) √7 + 5√7-2√7

c) √18+√2

Express 14/√6 with a rational denominator in its simplest form.

Sorry, but you need to be more clear... half of those could mean a multitude of things.

I would help on here more but Supergrunch and MoogleViper seem to beat me to it.

Unless it's my homework... :heh:

Just A2 Maths? Jesus Christ!

Edit: Nurr...nurrr...excuse my braindeadedness. You clearly said further maths, which is what I suspected. I only did an A level in maths(nearly did an AS in further, but did psychology instead, good thing too! A2 got well hard). So you're doing a whole A-level in further? When I did my alevel I only did P1, P2, M1, S1, S2 and P3. I rocked most at M1, getting 100 UMS marks on it! I sucked a bit on the rest, and missed out on an A overall(due to P3 and S2 buggering me up) by just 6 UMS marks :(. I'd probably have cleaned up if I had M2 in place of S2 or P3 :D, I don't think Mechanics is considered as important though.

I think the year after I did my AS year they changed the syllabus and started doing C for Core modules in place of Pure?

Anyway, something I've wondered, have you done any D modules? Firstly, what does D stand for? Secondly, what is it actually about? A guy I knew was learning an AS in further outside of school, and mentioned he had to D at some point.

D Modules are Discrete Maths (or Decision in some sylabus's). I did D1 and D2, and they were the easiest modules I did in maths (i did P1-6,M1&2,S1&2,D1&2). Discrete was lost of algoithms, sorting things into an order(bubble&shuttle sort), finding paths through a network(traveling salesman, Minmax, maxmin etc). There was a bit of game theory thrown in too.

However it did help me a fair amount when i started programming Physics Simulations in C because you know some algorithms for doing things quickly, meaning programs take less time to run and are easier to debug.

(Algorithm= list of instructions you perform, normally serveral itterations, till you reach your answer)

Sounds interesting, like the sort of thing I'd like, anyone know somewhere good that I can learn it online, or a decent book that I could use to teach myself?

I find it ironic that when you're young and in school being forced to learn that you don't want to learn anything, yet just a few years on I find myself wanting to learn everything about anything.

D Modules are Discrete Maths (or Decision in some sylabus's). I did D1 and D2, and they were the easiest modules I did in maths (i did P1-6,M1&2,S1&2,D1&2). Discrete was lost of algoithms, sorting things into an order(bubble&shuttle sort), finding paths through a network(traveling salesman, Minmax, maxmin etc). There was a bit of game theory thrown in too.

However it did help me a fair amount when i started programming Physics Simulations in C because you know some algorithms for doing things quickly, meaning programs take less time to run and are easier to debug.

(Algorithm= list of instructions you perform, normally serveral itterations, till you reach your answer)

According to everyone at my school who's doing it (not me), D1 is ridiculously easy. I find C the easiest... I got 100 UMS for C2 to 4. I find S1 harder than S2 and 3. M is all fairly hard, though I managed 100 UMS on M2.

Here's a decision mathematics book, and here's the second one. They were written by a teacher at my school.

I think after I take these modules, I might learn DE (differential equations) and FP3 (further pure 3) for fun, without taking the exams.