Dante

UK has the worst children

UK REPORT FINDINGS

UK child poverty has doubled since 1979

Children living in homes earning less than half national average wage - 16%

Children rating their peers as "kind and helpful" - 43%

Families eating a meal together "several times" a week - 66%

Children who admit being drunk on two or more occasions - 31%

Actually...wasn't that teens about being drunk?

The kind and helpful thing isn't surprising though; they probably asked people who only know chavs, sluts & idiots, or whatever.

well.......how is ireland better?I always thought we were quite siimiliar.

i do find it quite funny though

from here the english Education seems looks awful.You only have 3 subjects for your final exams....i mean ugh....Am i wrong here?

from here the english Education seems looks awful.You only have 3 subjects for your final exams....i mean ugh....Am i wrong here?

In SATs, but they are pointless. In GCSEs (the ones that count) we have around 10.

Well Canada dwellers are supposed to have the best quality of life overall anyway so...

yet a part of their country has the worst HIV concentrated area in the world? yup pretty random, the same area is where the number of women with HIV out number the men

yet a part of their country has the worst HIV concentrated area in the world? yup pretty random, the same area is where the number of women with HIV out number the men

Haha....very interesting:wink:

If you mean A Levels, then yes people usually take 3 or 4. They go into much more detail though. And I think you'll find we have the best education system in the world.

Even if evrybody was good, there would have to be someone at the bottom of the list.

And if everyone sucked, someone would be at the top.

And I think you'll find we have the best education system in the world.

As proven by this report. Oh...

As proven by this report. Oh...

The report isn't bad mouthing the education side of the UK, but rather the other problems with children.

"The UK rated highly for education but was in the bottom third for all of the other categories."

The education side of it could be a lot worse, but behaviour should be so much better.

Behaviour is where schools fall short, imo.

If you mean A Levels, then yes people usually take 3 or 4. They go into much more detail though. And I think you'll find we have the best education system in the world.

WRONG!!! I think you'll find it's Australia

Plus, as I said before, Malta's is way better than ours too.

You know, I'm not that surprised to hear this. Ten years ago, did you see all these chavvy kids on every street corner, on friday nights hanging around near offys trying to get served? It is getting worse, kids ARE getting worse, and I don't think its anything to do with education at all, it's about them getting too much liberty, maybe. I dunno what's causing it, but it does look alot like things are getting worse. Yobs, violence, stabbings, usually reported in local news and stuff tends to be done by people below 21. A perfect example would be the kid from peckham who got scentenced today for a minimum of 30 years for shooting a woman dead at her niece's christining(i think), along with some other boys who proceeded to rob everyone there. This kid was only 16 or something?

EDIT: Yep, he was 16 at the time, and killed 2 people in 2 weeks.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article2269460.ece

WRONG!!! I think you'll find it's Australia

Plus, as I said before, Malta's is way better than ours too.

Malta? Are you having a laugh?

Personally, I think that the school and education system is partially to blame here. Even though our education system is pretty good according to these guys, it still causes a breakdown in other aspects of the maintenance of the country.

First of all, there's too much pressure to succeed. Basically, students are told that they should spend this much time studying and doing work, do that much work for so little percent extra on the exam, and if you fuck up once, you've screwed over you're future. Apparantly, children in the UK are the most examined in the world, which may look good on paper, but it causes social retardedness and stress, which leads to anti-social behaviour, rebellion and general couldn't-give-a-toss attitude. In a small way, it encourages to do less.

Also, the way the system is designed, all schools do is teach you how to pass exams. It doesn't do anything about community or social upbringing. Not so much needed at A level or even GCSE stage, but certainly should be lower down in schools. Afterall, as far as I'm aware, that's the reason why schools and an education system exist.

And also, does, or did you're school do anything about anti-social behaviour within school? IMO, school should really have a no tolerance policy on things like bullying, vandalism etc.

How can you say that when you know nothing about their education system? For all you know, he could be right.

a lot of it has to do with chavs.i mean where did they come from?

The planet Omega Cronios 15?

No!!

How can you say that when you know nothing about their education system? For all you know, he could be right.

I am....My ex, though best friend, lives there.

I 1st had the 'suspicion' when she was touching on A-Level physics in her O-levels, and especially since O-Levels are harder than GCSEs anyway.

One of her uncles also came here during school years at one point and he was put up a year I think.

...Anyway...If we didn't pay for scum, then they wouldn't exist.

If our police & autorities actually had some power, that would also help, and if parents weren't idiots &/or had more power, that would help too.

I am....My ex, though best friend, lives there.

I wasn't talking about you... you probably have a point, since most of the time, you know what you're talking about.

Why are you all getting up in arms over a fucking reports that analyses non-quantative bullshit data. You know what that forms? A bullshit analysis.

Let's have a look:

poverty, relationships with parents, health and safety, behaviour, and children's own sense of well-being

Try and put standardised figures to that. You can't.

Its all aimed at Labour bashing by Tory *****. If you don't like this country then fuck off - go to Malta and live your perfect life. The UK has 2/5 of the top universities in the world. Our education system must be awful.

If you don't like this country then fuck off

I would, but I don't have the money right now.

Try and put standardised figures to that. You can't.

The report has put standardised figures to it. There's plenty of statistics and data collected here.

Having said that, the report does say quite rightly 'Nonetheless it is acknowledged throughout that the available data may be less than ideal and that there are prominent gaps.'

Its all aimed at Labour bashing by Tory *****. If you don't like this country then fuck off - go to Malta and live your perfect life. The UK has 2/5 of the top universities in the world. Our education system must be awful.

It's a report by UNICEF. It has nothing to do with politics.

Also from the report: 'Acknowledging these limitations, Report Card 7nonetheless invites debate...' which is what we are doing.

1. As said before, it's by UNICEF, nothing to do with politics

2. I'm afraid i probably wouldn't do very well in Malta, as you see it's hard to get jobs there as their population density is one of the highest in the world. And due to my crap education, my qualification's aren't great.

I'm not just blaming schools for my bad doing, but it's definately part of the problem.

3. We have 2 of the 5 top Unis? :shock: ....You forget that most people don't go because they didn't do well in school, lots of Uni goers aren't British, and loads of the subjects aren't even 'real' subjects anyway.

3.5 Uni's have nothing to do with kid education.

P.S. By bashing the Conservatives I assume you're Tony Blair's bum bandit or something. Why don't you go give all of the money YOU earned to the people who didn't:indeed:

4. It's hilarious how Labour are saying that these findings are out of date :wtf::laughing::

mmm i trying really hard not to get into this.All i will say is a agree with kurt r.

We have a similiar problem.

Sign in to follow this