NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

UK has the worst children

Yeah...I know; but they just need to not take any shit and to do what the people think's best in relation to problems at 'home'.

P.S. I hate Cameron, he's a right pussy.

exams are easy compared to what they used to be.

They tested this out at Newcastle Grammar School the other day, the kids got better marks for exams from the 60s than then did on their modern day mocks.

They tested this out at Newcastle Grammar School the other day, the kids got better marks for exams from the 60s than then did on their modern day mocks.

Is there something about being in a grammar school that makes you better at 60s exams, worse at modern exams or both?

Na of course it doesn't mean you're better:indeed:....grammar schools are there for thickos and yobs:indeed:[/sarcasm]

Na of course it doesn't mean you're better:indeed:....grammar schools are there for thickos and yobs:indeed:[/sarcasm]

So how come they're not equally good at the 60s test and modern test? Or, rather, how come they don't do better at the 'easier' modern exam? I don't know what the kids relative intelligence compared to the population at large has to do with anything here when we're comparing relative scores of the same kids on the tests.

You can't believe online polls. Could it be that UK children just believe they have it worse off than the rest of europe because they are all spoiled little brats?

The amount of friends I had growing up that that would complain about 40 quid pocket money a week(I went to a suburban school even though I was poor and lived in the city) and bitch about parents that gave them everything they wanted.

In these time tell a kid to clean a room and they ponder phoning childline.

So how come they're not equally good at the 60s test and modern test? Or, rarther, how come they don't do better at the 'easier' modern exam? I don't know what the kids relative intelligence compared to the population at large has to do with anything here when we're comparing relative scores of the same kids on the tests we're comparing.

Sorry, I didn't read the statement properly originally. Sorry.

However, older exams are much different in contect to modern exams; there is the possibility that Grammar school students are better at everyday maths and English instead of pointless equations you wont use unless you become a physisist (or similar) or just reasing random texts and answering queastions about imigary and such shit.

In the GCSEs of my year, an English Q was something along the lines of "Explain how devestation by fire can be a good thing." English is marked more based on what's said rather than how; which is wrong.

There are even programmes showing how different exams are now to 'back then', and normal students getting As & Bs GCSEs got lower marks for O Levels after schooling the old fasioned way for 6 weeks, if schools taught proper stuff then they should've done better in these exams shouldn't they? (Don't ask me what the show was called)

Grammar school kids are generally gifted kids good at answering logical Qs (like old ones)...I can't see my brother being able to answer some of the modern English Qs as well as ones marked on grammar and spelling. (My brother isn't a Grammar School kid but has one of those logical good at sums and sch minds)

You can't believe online polls. Could it be that UK children just believe they have it worse off than the rest of europe because they are all spoiled little brats?

The amount of friends I had growing up that that would complain about 40 quid pocket money a week(I went to a suburban school even though I was poor and lived in the city) and bitch about parents that gave them everything they wanted.

In these time tell a kid to clean a room and they ponder phoning childline.

Yeah....I agree with all of that. EMA doesn't help this matter; especially with divorced parents kids, who get free everything from Mummy & Daddy trying to buy their childs love.

Wasn't older style schooling more about mindlessly memorising dates, kings, battles and poetry than today though? Regardless of whether you find that harder or not, is it more useful or better at developing your brain?

Wasn't older style schooling more about mindlessly memorising dates, kings, battles and poetry than today though? Regardless of whether you find that harder or not, is it more useful or better at developing your brain?

Na...That's just psychology:heh:

Anyway, I don't think all of it was; and I don't think we should be debating this really, both our points seem weak.

At least kids used to be disiplined in older schools; something which baffles anyone of today, the closest you'd get to that word today is if "Diss" "IP" and "Lined" happened to be in the same sentance !!!!

Sign in to follow this