N-Europe

Capcom says Wii is for kids!

Dante

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basicly because one company said Wii is for kids, it's a fact now?

Fair enough, there probably will be more games for younger audiances on the wii than PS3 and Xbox 360. But to think the console is only for kids is just stupid and goes against everything Nintendo said about appealing to a broader audiance.

Scarface, God Father, and Man Hunt 2 must count for something!

And before you say "Gamecube had Resident Evil and that didn't help Gamecube sales much!", Resident Evil was probably the most mature title on Gamecube, aswell as Killer 7.

The difference this time is that Scarface, God father, and Man Hunt are not fantasy violance, Most of the mature titles on the Gamecube were fantasy violance.

So I think Wii has a much better chance of appealing to a more mature audiance, but at the same time still appeal to Kids, which is Nintendo's 'core' audiance.

I brought a Wii and some of my friends are gonna buy one, and there all over 21, including me!

So obviously Wii can attract older audiances not just kids.

Anyway, hopefully we won't see anymore stupid topics like these.

So basicly because one company said Wii is for kids, it's a fact now?

Fair enough, there probably will be more games for younger audiances on the wii than PS3 and Xbox 360. But to think the console is only for kids is just stupid and goes against everything Nintendo said about appealing to a broader audiance.

Scarface, God Father, and Man Hunt 2 must count for something!

And before you say "Gamecube had Resident Evil and that didn't help Gamecube sales much!", Resident Evil was probably the most mature title on Gamecube, aswell as Killer 7.

The difference this time is that Scarface, God father, and Man Hunt are not fantasy violance, Most of the mature titles on the Gamecube were fantasy violance.

So I think Wii has a much better chance of appealing to a more mature audiance, but at the same time still appeal to Kids, which is Nintendo's 'core' audiance.

I brought a Wii and some of my friends are gonna buy one, and there all over 21, including me!

So obviously Wii can attract older audiances not just kids.

Anyway, hopefully we won't see anymore stupid topics like these.

And how can "mature" PS2 ports "compete" against "mature" games like GTA and Postal 3?

And how can "mature" PS2 ports "compete" against "mature" games like GTA and Postal 3?

Oh right so basicly what your trying to say is that because there are only PS2ports atm, it will be like that for the rest of the consoles life?

Basicly what i'm trying to say is that it's a bit too early to jump to conclusions and write the wii off as a kiddie console.

And even if it does turn into a kiddie console I enjoy the games offered so far, I mean I wish there were better games out for it, but what I have experianced so far is good, and i'm 21.

I'll be getting a PS3 and Xbox360 eventually anyway, so it doesn't really matter either way. But I do hope Wii is successful and has a broad library of games which appeal to everyone, including adults.

Oh right so basicly what your trying to say is that because there are only PS2ports atm, it will be like that for the rest of the consoles life?

Basicly what i'm trying to say is that it's a bit too early to jump to conclusions and write the wii off as a kiddie console.

And even if it does turn into a kiddie console I enjoy the games offered so far, I mean I wish there were better games out for it, but what I have experianced so far is good, and i'm 21.

I'll be getting a PS3 and Xbox360 eventually anyway, so it doesn't really matter either way. But I do hope Wii is successful and has a broad library of games which appeal to everyone, including adults.

What I am saying is that people who are waiting for mature games on the Wii do not want PS2 ports

Many people have a PS2 and can get the game for that if they want if they do not already have it and that will result in a bad sale of mature games on the Wii

Why would you buy the PS2 version of a game when you can get a Wii version?

Either way, this is the same old bloody GameCube = kiddy discussion all over again. If you think that you are too mature for these games, then Nintendo consoles are not your thing. If you want to feel comfort in your manhood by playing games with violence, blood and swearing and other 'cool stuff', then the other consoles have a broader spectrum of what you seek. For now.

Why would you buy the PS2 version of a game when you can get a Wii version?

Either way, this is the same old bloody GameCube = kiddy discussion all over again. If you think that you are too mature for these games, then Nintendo consoles are not your thing. If you want to feel comfort in your manhood by playing games with violence, blood and swearing and other 'cool stuff', then the other consoles have a broader spectrum of what you seek. For now.

Why would you buy Wii for mature games when you can get them all for PS2?

I think that people prefer a brand new game like Dead rising for the 360 instead of PS2 ports with wii functions

In that case yeah, but tell me, who really buys a Wii for the 'mature' games? It's really not the console's point and it's not really a bad thing. I like these mature games if they're good, but I enjoy 'kiddy' games as much, or probably even more.

That's the reason most of us are Nintendo fans anyway.

Ha, but Wii is for kids.

And of course teenagers, adults and even older people. Capcom will come around, if Wii sales keep up the pace (regardless if whether its toddlers that are buying them all,) Capcom will have to run the risk of releasing some blood and guts on the off chance they can make a few sales.

In that case yeah, but tell me, who really buys a Wii for the 'mature' games? It's really not the console's point and it's not really a bad thing. I like these mature games if they're good, but I enjoy 'kiddy' games as much, or probably even more.

That's the reason most of us are Nintendo fans anyway.

That is exactly what Capcom is saying, the people who want mature games do not buy a Wii, they buy either a PS3 or a Xbox 360

That's a bit weird to say that because the Wii will have more "mature" games later on,it's still really early in it's life.

Sure it might not have as much as the X360 and PS3 but they will still be mature titles out there,and with Manhunt coming to the Wii who knows what other developers will follow them.

That's a bit weird to say that because the Wii will have more "mature" games later on,it's still really early in it's life.

Sure it might not have as much as the X360 and PS3 but they will still be mature titles out there,and with Manhunt coming to the Wii who knows what other developers will follow them.

But when the majority of the people who wants mature games buy either a Xbox 360 or a PS3, why shall Capcom release mature games on the Wii when their audience is on the other "side"? That is what Capcom is trying to say

That is exactly what Capcom is saying, the people who want mature games do not buy a Wii, they buy either a PS3 or a Xbox 360

I never denied that. It's a bad thing to pretend those people are by default children though, because that's what some people said.

Also, there is a sufficient market for those 'mature games' on Wii Mankor, I have no doubt.

And, of course, those who identify themselves as "people who want mature games" tend to be those who are between the ages of 13-16.

There are lots of mature games about, but I wouldn't include stuff like Manhunt and GTA in that catagory.

When people say "Mature games" they rarely mean stuff like Picross, Phoenix Wright and social anyone-can-play-even-if-they're-not-a-teenage-gamer party games like Donkey konga and Warioware.

More stuff from Capcom.

On the official Capcom forums, the Senior Director of Strategy for Capcom, creators of popular franchises such as Street Fighter and Resident Evil, had this to say about Wii games and its demographic:

“We have more titles coming to Wii than what’s been announced HOWEVER, I must admit, many of them (outside of RE) are not mature titles despite the fact that’s an area Capcom is known for.”

“By and large, we don’t see the Wii being home to an sizble mature playerbase outside of some of the early adopters. We see it as being very, very broad with a family focus (especially in Japan). If there is a “core player base” on Wii, within two years, it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3). You’ll see more announcements later this year on this front.”

Not only do children under 18 want the PS3 or 360 over the Wii (according to a survey that was done a few months back), the current Nintendo core base aren’t getting any younger. On the other hand, it’ll be great to see what Capcom has in store.

Not only do children under 18 want the PS3 or 360 over the Wii (according to a survey that was done a few months back), the current Nintendo core base aren’t getting any younger. On the other hand, it’ll be great to see what Capcom has in store.[/b]

Why are they contridicting themselves? They just said Wii will have a younger fanbase, but now they're saying that children 18 want the other systems. So, is a mature game something that is aimed at the UNDER 18s?

Sort yourselves out, Capcom.

We've already seen that though.

What we mean is this bit:

"Not only do children under 18 want the PS3 or 360 over the Wii (according to a survey that was done a few months back), the current Nintendo core base aren’t getting any younger. On the other hand, it’ll be great to see what Capcom has in store"