Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Anakenobi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long would you say it took you to get used to the controls? are they hard to come to grips with? :)

Well I've had it a week and am now on medium level - so yeah you do improve quite quickly with practice - I'm doing well considering I've never played a guitar hero game before!

Actually i'm not just saying this but i've lost a 100% score because it hasn't recognized the button i've pressed.

It's not me being a crap player (honest), i can assure you i've pressed the button just on time but it then states i missed the chord and i lose the 100% rating because of it, it's happened to me at least 5 times, but thats within the 2+ hours i've played it, so i'm not too bothered! :)

Actually i'm not just saying this but i've lost a 100% score because it hasn't recognized the button i've pressed.

It's not me being a crap player (honest), i can assure you i've pressed the button just on time but it then states i missed the chord and i lose the 100% rating because of it, it's happened to me at least 5 times, but thats within the 2+ hours i've played it, so i'm not too bothered! :)

Apparently there have been reports of phantom note missing.

Whos Weirdolover from the n-europe tour group?

I've no idea! :wtf:

C'mon, I've only got 2 Cookyman and ShadowV7 on my friends list so far, I've added a lot more than that though! Check your PM's people and let me know if you add me : peace:

Also could all Wii owners of Guitar Hero III add their friend codes in this thread here!!!

I haven't been on Guitar Hero III much, still got codes to add and I can still only do 1 hard song. I can almost do 2 though. I just keep forgetting where my fingers are.

Can you finish Dragonforce on Medium yet? So far it's the only one still that i can't finish (well there's still some "bonus" songs i haven't tried yet on medium, but they don't count till i do them)

I still have 5 songs left on medium (setlist) to get 5 stars on, but i got a feeling i may not make it, i got 4 stars on 2 of them (Stricken and One) and 3 stars on Knights of Cydonia, Cult of Personality and Raining Blood (knights and Blood, if i got a 5 star on, hell will be frozen i'm sure)

Can you finish Dragonforce on Medium yet? So far it's the only one still that i can't finish (well there's still some "bonus" songs i haven't tried yet on medium, but they don't count till i do them)

Not yet, I can only get so far then it goes to fast and I lose it.

Yeah knights and blood aren't easy by any means. Some people have 5 starred everything on expert already >_<

I honestly don't know how anyone can do that, at all. In my eyes Dragon Force is beyond impossible in expert.

I'm gonna get round to adding people tomorrow when I re-play this again.

I've started playing through TTFATF on expert on practice mode to get the fingering right. The intro isn't actually that bad - it's all hammer-ons. It's just fast :P

I dunno why though, I'm not quite on the final tier of songs yet (I'm on the penultimate expert tier).

They take a few days to show up, not sure why. Might be a weekly update thing.

Flameboy, practice makes perfect :)

Well I finally managed to actually complete a song on medium, but boy it was hard! I'll just keep at it.

Btw anyone whose friendcode I havn't added I plan on getting round to it tomorrow or Sunday morning.

From IGN

Fix Coming For Wii's Guitar Hero III Mono Problem

Activision will offer free, remastered game disks in early 2008.

US, December 6, 2007 - When Guitar Hero III was released for the Nintendo Wii on Oct. 28, would-be rockers got a bit of a shock when they plugged in. It turned out the game - advertised as being in stereo and supporting the Dolby Pro Logic II surround-sound standard - was outputting in mono.

Gamers began posting on IGN and other sites the day the game launched, citing examples of the problem and asking for clarification from publisher Activision/Red Octane. For the past few weeks, Activision has remained mostly silent on the issue. But today, in response to our questions about the issue, the company told IGN it is working on the problem and it plans to have a fix available early next year.

"We recently became aware that some consumers have not been able to enjoy the full audio output in the Nintendo Wii version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. We are currently working with Nintendo and are planning to issue an improved audio experience in future versions of the game," said Activision spokeswoman Rhy-Ming Poon. "We expect to have re-mastered discs available by early 2008 and we will be offering consumers replacement discs at no cost once they become available. We thank all of our customers for their support and patience."

Since the issue first came to light there have been 970 posts about the problem on the company's official Guitar Hero III message boards. In the posts, users say they e-mailed Activision technical support about the issue as early as Oct. 29 and reportedly received this response:

"We are looking in to it right now. The time frame is still unknown at the moment we are still looking in to the problem."

We recently tested our copy and confirmed that there is an issue with the game's audio output. IGN's retail copy of the Wii bundle of Guitar Hero III lists the game as being compatible with Dolby Pro Logic II on the box, on the game and in the game manual. The manual also tells players they can turn stereo sound on or off in the game's audio settings menu.

However, the version of the game we tested did not list it as an available option. Making sure stereo was turned on in the Wii's main menu, we rocked out to Foghat's "Slow Ride," using headphones to listen to the audio output. Both the left and right audio channels produced the same output – a mono signal.

Guitar Hero III was developed by Neversoft, ported to the Wii by Vicarious Visions and published by Red Octane – all of which fall under the Activision corporate umbrella.

Brilliant news! Though it means I'll be without GH3 for a few days?! :P

Also Cooky, some epic matches earlier! The first set were me, the following one was my sister and the one which was played on medium was my mumXD

The battle and the face off later one were both played by me, good job on destroying me in expert mode! And the TTFATF battle where you got Difficulty Up to put me on expert was hilarious, I love battle mode!

Unfortunately I find normal face off too boring :( Otherwise I'd offer to play that mode more often! But battle and pro face off ftw :)

Brilliant news! Though it means I'll be without GH3 for a few days?! :P

Also Cooky, some epic matches earlier! The first set were me, the following one was my sister and the one which was played on medium was my mumXD

The battle and the face off later one were both played by me, good job on destroying me in expert mode! And the TTFATF battle where you got Difficulty Up to put me on expert was hilarious, I love battle mode!

Unfortunately I find normal face off too boring :( Otherwise I'd offer to play that mode more often! But battle and pro face off ftw :)

Yeah the game freaking owns mate I'm getting better slowly but surely - still only coping on medium but beginning to get the hang of hammer ons etc.

It takes a hell of a lot of practice but when you nail something there is a real sense of achievement!

Online is sooooooooooo much fun and pretty cool I got to play the dyson clan! you guys rock!!! :bowdown:

Haha yeah! It was so frustrating watching my mum play and make silly mistakes but ah well :D

I love battle because of the difficulty scaling. Anyone on any difficulty has a chance against anyone else, as long as people are honest about their difficulty choice. It's why I went on Expert last today, I guess I'm ready to start playing at that kinda level now.

I'm so close to finishing expert! Got the two biggies: One and Raining Blood to do now. I actually don't know if I'll ever complete either of them. Well, probably Raining Blood once I get past Mosh 1, but the One solo is fucking impossible.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!