Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Anakenobi

Guest Stefkov

I see we are now 220th.

I'm just wondering about that. Is that the overall leaderboards for all of the world and all of the tour groups. Surely there's loads of tour groups.

No way in a few weeks, even days, have we gone down to that rank.

It's just...not right.

It's good though. Good but doesn't seem right.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see we are now 220th.

I'm just wondering about that. Is that the overall leaderboards for all of the world and all of the tour groups. Surely there's loads of tour groups.

No way in a few weeks, even days, have we gone down to that rank.

It's just...not right.

It's good though. Good but doesn't seem right.

Seems right to me. Had a look around the 'Tour Groups' section and it seems like its the whole world. And i reckon we could easily get under 100 (Y)

Can anyone explain groupies to me? How do you get them?

Guest Stefkov

I suppose. Just looking at the 'table', if it is one, the group on top have 4 million groupies...we've only 8000. That's a longshot.

PS: flameboy we need an emblem thing for the tour group

how about it?

Ok WTF, i've been trying to 5 star all the songs on easy, so far i've managed it on all except one (just the set list, not counting the bonus songs....yet) and the one i can't get is that fracking "Raining Blood", i swear i been here well over an hour trying to 5 star this song on easy and failing, ack, why.

What is the starts based on anyway? percentage notes hit or points? And whats the minimum of whatever it is that i need to get 5 stars on this bloody song (on easy).

I was getting so annoyed with it i was starting to miss notes in the fracking intro (yes the intro, the bit with the long notes that should be piss easy :heh:).

Even stranger, when i finally do give up I decide to play Dragonforce before i trun the Wii off, and i set a new personal record on it (still haven't 5 stared that either, only 4, but i'm trying on that one yet)... so does this mean i'm finding Dragonforce easier than bloody Raining Blood? That's not right at all :heh:

Prolly take a break from this tomorrow and go back to Mario, still haven't gotten all the stars

Guest Stefkov

Try going into practise, practising the part you're stuck on. I think I know where you are stuck on, I was stuck on that same song. Just that one bit where the colours go pretty crazy. In the end I got 97% notes hit and got the 5 stars.

Ok WTF, i've been trying to 5 star all the songs on easy, so far i've managed it on all except one (just the set list, not counting the bonus songs....yet) and the one i can't get is that fracking "Raining Blood", i swear i been here well over an hour trying to 5 star this song on easy and failing, ack, why.

What is the starts based on anyway? percentage notes hit or points? And whats the minimum of whatever it is that i need to get 5 stars on this bloody song (on easy).

Absolutely no basis for this at all, but I was under the impression it might be a score related thing, of course, hitting streaks is helpful to get the multiplier up, then using the old star power on a nice string of them to rack up the points. Of course, I'm basing this off nothing at all. Speaking of scores and stuff though, does using the whammy bar affect them, or is it just there for effect?

EDIT:Answers to your Groupies questions, I think.

Try going into practise, practising the part you're stuck on. I think I know where you are stuck on, I was stuck on that same song. Just that one bit where the colours go pretty crazy. In the end I got 97% notes hit and got the 5 stars.

Right and how many points you get? My best so far is 93% notes and 79140... i was kinda hoping 80,000 might be the 5 star mark, :heh:

When do you use the star power? I can't use it without missing a note, it seems the part where you get the repeating Green+Red chord is a good time but i'm always missing a note when i get there meaning i'm not getting that almighty 8times multiplier :(

And does practice mode actually help?

Absolutely no basis for this at all, but I was under the impression it might be a score related thing, of course, hitting streaks is helpful to get the multiplier up, then using the old star power on a nice string of them to rack up the points. Of course, I'm basing this off nothing at all. Speaking of scores and stuff though, does using the whammy bar affect them, or is it just there for effect?

EDIT:Answers to your Groupies questions, I think.

I don't think the whammy has any effect on points but if you use it on long notes that are part of a star power combo you get extra energy in your star power meter, and can help fill it up faster is you get the right long star power notes

For some reason, I'm quite fond of the Tom Morello challenge. I dig his style. :yay: Ah, those R.A.T.M.-days...

The bad thing about replaying and replaying that, is that it becomes too easy after a while. Who thought that hard work would eventually lead to something... productive? I'm getting 100% note hits at the moment on medium. Slash on the other hand... :shakehead

Guess hard mode awaits. But first conquer medium. :heh:

I suppose. Just looking at the 'table', if it is one, the group on top have 4 million groupies...we've only 8000. That's a longshot.

PS: flameboy we need an emblem thing for the tour group

how about it?

But if you go to the bottom of page 1 the tour group there only has 100,000 or so. So theres just a huge gap between 1st place and like 25th.

I reckon we should aim to get under 25 actually :D

Thanks for the link Rummy :)

Mokong, I got 5 stars on Raining Blood with a 94% hit rate. I read somewhere (possible the thread on the other consoles board) that it's based on your average score multiplier being above x2. Basically I just use the star power when I have x4, or if it's in a tricky area I just use it as soon as it becomes available, that way even if you miss a note you still have a x2 multiplier whilst you build your combo back up.

As for the missing a note when you activate the star power, you could try using the - button, or I find a quick sharp upwards movement to be the easiest, I used to miss notes when I activated it as well, but I seem to have got past that now.

Mokong, I got 5 stars on Raining Blood with a 94% hit rate. I read somewhere (possible the thread on the other consoles board) that it's based on your average score multiplier being above x2. Basically I just use the star power when I have x4, or if it's in a tricky area I just use it as soon as it becomes available, that way even if you miss a note you still have a x2 multiplier whilst you build your combo back up.

As for the missing a note when you activate the star power, you could try using the - button, or I find a quick sharp upwards movement to be the easiest, I used to miss notes when I activated it as well, but I seem to have got past that now.

Tilting the thing up just doesn't seem to be enough, sometimes i have to give it a quick shake, i tried using the - button too, (strum with thumb and placed my small finger on the - button ready) but i still mess up my strum when i press it :heh:

If you got it with 94% then i shouldn't be too far off, since i can get 93%, might give it a quick go tonight.

Speaking of faceplates, where do you get them, is there a website?

Guest Stefkov
Right and how many points you get? My best so far is 93% notes and 79140... i was kinda hoping 80,000 might be the 5 star mark, :heh:

When do you use the star power? I can't use it without missing a note, it seems the part where you get the repeating Green+Red chord is a good time but i'm always missing a note when i get there meaning i'm not getting that almighty 8times multiplier :(

And does practice mode actually help?

I got ..(loading up game)..96,217 points.

I did practise mode for the bit where the Green, red and yellow just come, and it's just a crazy colour fest. Practising did help, you can slow it odwn so you know what to expect, then you speed it up.

I like sitting down and standing up while playing the game. Thing is when I sit down I hold the guitar upright. So everytime I get star power it autoatically uses it because I'm already holding the controller the right way to set it off. Means I don't have to worry about it.

PS: Whammy bar does count, if you keep pressing it in and out pretty fast you can see the points go up ever so more than just holding it down.

I just entered some cheats, just to see what they're like. Some of them are good like.

Anyway. It seems sing them has just unlocked me 3 achievements.....as much as that's good, I kinda wish it didn't happen. Mean's there's not much to look forward to now, buying all stuff from stores etc..

Oh my god, completed Easy(got 90% notes hit on Dragonforce first try after practising in credits) but then tried the first song on medium and it is so weird to do! It's totally screwed me over, I gotta do everything different! Man, I just hope I manage to adjust, god knows what hard and expert'll be like!

Medium hurts my wrist/fingers as I extend to the blue note with my pinky (I play guitar too!). It's just frustrating. I tried Muse: Knights of Cydonia and got 60% through and it just went arpreggio mental on me. BLUE RED YELLOW BLUE RED GREEN RED BLUE YELLOW...AAAAAARRRGGGHH!

Must. Master. All. But the arthritis is worth it I'm sure.

If only for the ROCK GAAAWWWD status. :bowdown:

YES, finally after four more tries when i got home from work i got my 5 stars on Raining Blood (easy), 95% notes hit with a score of 97,879

At last, that's all the set list songs five stared, just bought the few stray bonus songs that i was missing and now moving on to them, then i start the hard task of 5 staring all songs on medium (might make raining blood an exception, i don't think i ever wanna hear that song again :heh:)

Got my lovely Bat guitar now, i'm gonna use it all the time seeing as i put so much effort into unlocking it :heh:

I just can't do Lou on Medium. He just keeps plummaling me with items. There was one point where I got him down to halfway on the red guage but the he just throws leftys at me all the time and I miss keys to get an item.

Might just go on hard soon.

Try not to worry too much about hiting notes, just try to stay alive, until the items come, aim to get the first 3 (and hopefully you get at least 1 amp over load and 1 whammy) then wait for a part when he has a lot of notes and hit him with each one in a row (not at the same time, unless one item is a difficulty up you might aswell use that wait two seconds then hit him with the next), that should take him out

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!