NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Well so much for Guitar hero replacement disc taking 4 weeks - mine arrived today!

It came in a sealed case so now i have 2 guitar hero cases as you only had to send the disk back. Damn shame they haven't sent a faceplate as well - like the yanks got.

Anyway gonna have a game of it right now - I've missed it!

So from the day you sent it to got it back how long exactly were you without the game?

I need to sort mine out soon...might wait till next month however, first weekend in June is a bank holiday and there's a chance could have some visitors and i wanna be able to have a rocking out session. Got till August anyway to send it off.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention this.

While I was in the Philippines, the one day I spent in Manila went with some cousins to the Mall of Asia and ended up in an arcade. And there was a Guitar Hero like game called "GuitarFreakz" and (your gonna love this) it played J-Rock/Pop songs. I only recognised 2 songs on it though. One was Rewrite from Fullmetal Alchemist and the other was from Ouenden (but can't remember which one now).

Was very different though, the guitar was too heavy and the neck was too wide. Also it only had 3 (yes THREE) fret buttons, no "long" notes or "Hammer-On/Pull-Offs"....that said playing "Rewrite" over and over on the harder of the two difficulty levels it had was bloody AWESOME:yay:

So from the day you sent it to got it back how long exactly were you without the game?

I need to sort mine out soon...might wait till next month however, first weekend in June is a bank holiday and there's a chance could have some visitors and i wanna be able to have a rocking out session. Got till August anyway to send it off.

Sent it away on the 11th of April got it back today. Oh by the way, you can hear a big difference in the sound and also the noise for missing notes on the wiimote has changed too!

Mine came today....whoop! With a NEW! box...man I've got two now...I just don't know what to do with it!! The opportunties are endless...

EDIT: The sound is indeed AMAZING. I had it through my surround sound system and it truly does now 'rock!'. And yeah, the wiimote sounds are different...they sound much better. More diversity to them and much more realistic to boot. But the game is again getting some mucho love...just because, aurally, it sounds sooo good. When I played Metallica I nearly died at the sound of a million new instruments and harmonies.

Holy shit... me and my friends got to 82% on Through The Fire And Flames on Expert. One of us strummed, one person did green, one person did red and yellow and one person did blue and orange. I was so close to getting the Inhuman Achievement, if only we had just lasted the solo we would have done it.

Oh and I improved a lot since I got this for Christmas, I'm now on tier seven on expert, stuck on Before I Forget and 3's and 7's. But I'm slowly getting the hand of both riffs.

From neogaf

Game Informer June 2008 Issue

Guitar Hero 4 (PS3, 360, Wii, PS2)

- Create a song. Although these exclude vocals due to storage and possible copyright issues.

- You'll be able to name your song as well as creating album art. After you've done all that you can upload it to GH Tunes where anyone can download it.

- You'll be limited to 5 songs at first. But depending on the ratings you get you'll possibly be able to upload 10 or more.

- The song sharing mode will be in the Wii and PS2 versions also, but GI says it's unlikely that it'll be as robust as the PS3 and 360 versions.

- Drums, bass, vocals guitar

- Create a rocker

- Create a guitar and drums

- All songs will be master tracks

- They don't want to discuss specifics on track listing out of fear of being scooped by the competition. However they confirmed 4 bands: Van Halen, The Eagles, Linkin Park and Sublime.

- A new guitar designed by Red Octane that includes a new input mechanic that'll "impact the way you play GH in the future".

- GI saw see through notes while playing that Neversoft said was the new input mechanic and that they were trying to patent.

Interesting news/rumour.

There's only one thing that I've been wanting for while playing GH3 and it's probably broadening the choice. My friend comes around to my house and plays it more than I do and we both agreed that the game needs some Blues and something a little more folk in there. Hell even some Jazz would be good.

Interesting news/rumour.

There's only one thing that I've been wanting for while playing GH3 and it's probably broadening the choice. My friend comes around to my house and plays it more than I do and we both agreed that the game needs some Blues and something a little more folk in there. Hell even some Jazz would be good.

I agree mate. That's why no downloadable content is really annoying on the wii.

From the info about GH4 I would seriously boycott the entire series if I needed to buy a new guitar!

And now that wiiware is out, what's stopping some other dev's making some games that use the guitar peripheral...I'd love a 2D plaformer with a guy wielding the guitar and using the coloured buttons to jam out some badguys.

Thats rubbish. I want to play a Guitar Hero not a Rock Band clone and besides, it will be mega expensive to buy all the instruments like it is for Rock Band. Not impressed

Holy shit... me and my friends got to 82% on Through The Fire And Flames on Expert. One of us strummed, one person did green, one person did red and yellow and one person did blue and orange. I was so close to getting the Inhuman Achievement, if only we had just lasted the solo we would have done it.

Oh and I improved a lot since I got this for Christmas, I'm now on tier seven on expert, stuck on Before I Forget and 3's and 7's. But I'm slowly getting the hand of both riffs.

Yeah Goron_3 told me about that last Friday! You know, I could always get the Inhuman Achievement for you... though I havent played for ages, I may be a little rusty!

WTF?

The franchise is called "Guitar Hero", by definition and NAME, adding drums and vocals no longer makes it "Guitar Hero".

The only thing they need to sort out for GH4 is DLC songs for the Wii version.

It just shows that they're scared of the competition in Rock Band. A number of critics have said things about Rock Band being much more fun than GH because of Rock Band having all the instruments and similar quotes.

What else were they going to do apart from copy Rock Band? There isn't really much you can add.

I just hope some of the note charts are actually fairly accurate, in that they don't just add a few more extra notes in places just to make Expert mode harder. Oh and it would be nice to actually be able to play the guitar parts and not the keyboard/bass/drums or whatever they get you to play. It's ridiculous in Knights Of Cydonia where the bass part doesn't play the bass solo.

Yeah Goron_3 told me about that last Friday! You know, I could always get the Inhuman Achievement for you... though I havent played for ages, I may be a little rusty!

It's funny how you on your own is better than the five of us. It's okay though, I really reckon we could do it with just a bit more practice.

They could have more songs than previous titles, include Create your own character,venue and song and even use an added peripheral like an effect pedal or something. Dont want it to turn into Rock Band though :\

More details about guitar hero 4 from IGN

Guitar Hero IV Details Revealed

Create your own songs, solo on the drums and fully customize your character.

by Ryan Geddes

US, May 13, 2008 - Rock Band may be currently cornering the full-band music game genre, but Activision and Neversoft have come out swinging, revealing loads of new info on the next installment in the franchise, aimed at unseating EA and MTV games' reigning rockstar simulator.

According to a cover-story spread in this month's issue of Game Informer magazine, Guitar Hero IV will introduce massive changes to the traditionally guitar-focused series, starting with a drum set addition meant to knock Rock Band's kit offstage.

The kit looks similar to Rock Band's, with its bass drum pedal and primary-colored circular pads (there are only three in GHIV), but that's where the similarities end. Activision's set – which the company claims is built more sturdily than the competition's -- adds two raised, wedge-shaped cymbal pads (used to activate star power), and each pad on the kit is pressure-sensitive. Itching to freestyle on the Rock Band drums after playing Weezer's "Say it Ain't So" for the 75th time? The GHIV drum career mode will let you do your thing during encores.

Although Activision didn't reveal specific details, the publisher told GI the next Guitar Hero axe will feature a "totally new input mechanic" in addition to the standard buttons. The game will still support current GH controllers, however. All instruments in the game, including the drum set, will be wireless.

Guitar Hero IV will also feature an expanded character creation system similar to those found in the Tony Hawk and Tiger Woods games -- think facial sliders and customized outfits, accessories and even reaction animations. Instruments will be able to be personalized, too. Licensed guitars are out, drums will have different wood grains available, decals can be created and you'll even be able to slap your band's name on the bass drum head.

Activision and Neversoft also told GI they will release more downloadable songs for Guitar Hero IV than they have for Guitar Hero III and plan to introduce a new music-creation tool. The new Studio Mode will let users not only freely jam over songs in the game but also create and upload their own original tracks. Using a vertically-scrolling grid, you'll be able to record rhythm, lead, melody, bass and drums (sorry, no vocals) and create loops and effects.

There's still no release date for Guitar Hero IV, and despite the wealth of info Activision has now shared about he title, there's still a lot we don't know. As long as we get to play a keytar, we'll be happy.

Who's betting that the secret guitar add-on is a pedal for different sounds at particular points in the song?

The whole in the bottom of the current guitars will probably have a key role to play.

Guitar hero IV drums?

Yes they are! and heres a better pic.

gh4.jpg

I'm a lot more excited about this than Rock Band!

That middle bit (above the blue drum) is the XBOX controls so I'd imagine the wiimote would just sit in there.

Anyhoo, wierd drums (VERY 80's), they dont look like they would sit in a cupboard easily neither. I also dread to think what those cymbals are made of (rubber/plastic).

I'd want to get my mits on one before offering a total impression.

I like the idea of cymbals, better than just having 5 drum pads.

They should make drum kit similar to a real one; the green drum should be like a snare (they could place it in the middle in front of the other drums, unless that gets confusing.)

yeah, still waiting for my replacement Disc!

They could at least, at least add some new Tracks to the Disc.

Since they also lied about the Download Content. (Coming early 2008)

Them SUCKERS

Can they still seriously call this "Guitar" Hero 4 if their making drums to go with it, i'm still unsure... but so long as the songs are still high on guitar orientated songs with lots of solos and awesome riffs (please more Iron Maiden, Drogonforce and Metallica), i'll be happy, as i have no intention of getting the drums :heh:

I finally got this game a few weeks ago. I'm trying to beat Lou on medium now.

HOLY FRACKING SHIT

I did not think it would be physically (or even super-physically) possible, but this guy bloody well fracking did it.

*ouch*.... woops tripped over my jaw forgot to pick it off the floor

sorry for posting this twice, i deleted the first time i posted it, just when i saw a new page start i didn't want this vid to get missed

HOLY FRACKING SHIT

I did not think it would be physically (or even super-physically) possible, but this guy bloody well fracking did it.

*ouch*.... woops tripped over my jaw forgot to pick it off the floor

sorry for posting this twice, i deleted the first time i posted it, just when i saw a new page start i didn't want this vid to get missed

WOAH! NO...F***ING...WAY!!!

THAT WAS PURE AWESOMENESS!!! : peace:

I can't believe you all found my GH3 vid!

In all seriousness though...that is insane. There's always someone better!