NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Oxigen_Waste

Just got a PSP.

Besides Syphon Philter, LocoRoco, Portable Ops and possibly Lumines, are there any other games I MUST buy?

I wasn't aware PSP had any other games...

Joking. That new Ratchet and Clank game looks good, don't know when that's out.

Don't know what type of games you like, but I can recommend these:

Tekken

Daxter

Metal Gear Solid:PO

Burnout Legends

Lumines 1/2

Wipeout Pure

Syphon Filter

GTA LCS/VCS

Ridge Racers 2

Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX

Every Extend Extra

Gunpey

MGS:Acid 1/2

Me and My Katamari

Virtua Tennis: World Tour

I thought Metal Gear Acid was awful.

I thought it was a very good strategy game and it doesn't seem I am alone on that either. Alot of places thought it was good too. Especially the second one.

erm Burnout legends and Lumines are the only games i really like on PSP.

OOooo Street fighter Alpha 3 (I think thats what its called) is awesome.

I thought it was a very good strategy game and it doesn't seem I am alone on that either. Alot of places thought it was good too. Especially the second one.

I'm not realy into that genre much beyond advance wars anyway, but I thought it was really restrictive and... boring. I guess I was just expecting metal gear solid, which it totally isn't.

I'm not realy into that genre much beyond advance wars anyway, but I thought it was really restrictive and... boring. I guess I was just expecting metal gear solid, which it totally isn't.

Ah I can see where you're coming from if you're not into the genre. I love the genre. I mean with games like Disgaea and Fire Emblem, it's lovely stuff to enjoy.

I played MGS:PO at a friends and oh my daaaaaaaaaays... I mean I like MGS but the hand to hadn combat was totally shit plus awkward controls..

Sega Megadrive Collection is awesome if you're into the 16bit era and the Gradius Collection if you like Shumups.

I also like Daxter, Loco Roco and Metal Gear Solid PO (MGS PO is really good but it takes a while to get into it.)

I'm talking about essential games... not "might buys".

Well in my books the Sega Megadrive Collection is an essential buy. You get 27 games in one.

Sorry for recommending some games to you if you're going to be like that about it.

Go read a review site.

I'm talking about essential games... not "might buys".

Essential games still vary for everyone, and also you might not like the so called "essential" games. I also think you miss out on alot of variety if you look at games that way.

Oh DJ MAX PORTABLE 2 is out soon, WOO!

I had a PSP and a load of games. Tekken: Dark Resurrection and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max are the best, although ultimately, the PSP is an incredibly disappointing peice of hardware.

I can honestly say to you, unless you are getting a PS3 you will not keep that longer then this christmas....:)

Essential games still vary for everyone, and also you might not like the so called "essential" games. I also think you miss out on alot of variety if you look at games that way.

Oh DJ MAX PORTABLE 2 is out soon, WOO!

Well in my books the Sega Megadrive Collection is an essential buy. You get 27 games in one.

Sorry for recommending some games to you if you're going to be like that about it.

Go read a review site.

I did say "might buys" did I not? Wich means I can consider it, but it's not absolutely essential. And about the "review site" advice... I did go. To allot of them, actually. Suprisingly they all said the same, as well as fan sites of the hardware itself: Syphon Philter, Portable Ops, Loco Roco, Tekken, Lumines, Wipeout. That's it. That's why I asked here... to get EXTRA info.

Oh!!! and HazyUK, I was answering to ALL posts. Not yours in particular. In fact, the megadrive games game tempts me.

I can honestly say to you, unless you are getting a PS3 you will not keep that longer then this christmas....:)

I bought it for 100 euros. You do the math. I can sell it for doule that value.

Te PSP is more to the point of a 'dvd , mp3, picture' player, and not really a good games machine. The DS is better when it comes to games. That said, look out for GTA, Sonic and some decent football games. I sold my PSP for about 130 pounds, but it was fun while it lasted...

only worth while game id say is powerstone but i dont know what critics etc think of it.

shouldve just saved your money

Syphon Philter, Portable Ops, Loco Roco, Tekken, Lumines, Wipeout. That's it. That's why I asked here... to get EXTRA info.

I think there's a demo of loco roco on the sony website you can download for free. That's worth trying before you spend however much on it.

Essential?

Daxter, Tekken, Ratchet and Clank, Virtua Tennis and all the ones you posted in your first post. Domstercools list is spot-on actually...although MGS: Acid was a pain in the ass in my opinion. :D

Lumines is a great game...but i'm not a huge fan of puzzle games, so in my opinion it isn't essential, others would disagree though.

The PSP really isn't 'that' bad. It justs a tad expensive for the lack of games on it. If it was £99-99-£129.99 then it's well worth it though.

Never played that, but i have to admit I've heard good things about it. I just didn't have spare money when it came out.

Exit. I've already said this to you though. There aren't many games on PSP that excite me, but Exit does.

Sign in to follow this