NEurope
Mr. Bananagrabber

Dan Aykroyd confirms Ghostbusters 3

Although CGI isn't how I'd like the film to be, it makes sense considering how old the actors are now!

It was either CGI and keep the original characters and voices,

Or have a new team of Ghostbusters, which would have been terrible!

Also, I guess the audience they're aiming for now, may not really no anything about the old films or cartoon!

Just for nostalgia's sake;

I loved that show!

Why does everyone instantly think it's going to be bad because it's CGI? If it's bad it'll be ruined by crappy scripts or a stupid plot, not the visual effects. These days they can be pretty damn good anyway. You really think an animatronic Zuul with six movements and a fridge that fires eggs can keep the mass audience happy these days?

Why does everyone instantly think it's going to be bad because it's CGI? ?

because they usually are(see star wars)

And because shostbusters is the ultimate 80s franchise that had the cheesy effects that still look great today.i dont want them to improve it.

id bet my life they are going to try make it darker as well.Something modern idiots love(see transformers,turtles etc etc)

Am I the only one getting bored of CGI? When Toy Story came out, it was fresh and done so superbly it took your breath away. Now every and any studio are producing shoddy CGI films, 9/10 aimed at children, 9/10 are awful. Its really put me off CGI films, like that film Flushed Away, probably had some promise, but I just couldn't be bothered with it.

As for Ghostbusters 3 I have mixed thoughts, love the first two and the following The Real Ghostbusters cartoon series. So much so, I've met Ernie Hudson who plays Winston in the original films. I'm hoping they can pull it off and don't ruin the franchise.

As everyone over at AICN was saying, if the script is good, the film will be good. Who cares if it's CGI or not.

After 2 excellent movies and nearly a 20 year gap, do we actually want to see a third Ghostbuster film? Do we really?

After 2 excellent movies and nearly a 20 year gap, do we actually want to see a third Ghostbuster film? Do we really?

Yes...at least I do :)

They're all still as talented as they were back then, Bill Murray is even more talented than he was back then. It'd be nice to see a film where they're the Ghost Busters but 20 years older and facing retirement. But this CG one should be great anyway if it's what they were talking about a while ago.

CGI is just plain boring. The majority of the films now produced are CGI. Its fucking annoying me. What happend to the good old live action?

When the actions real, it feels a hell of alot better. Sure, maybe if it was live action fused with CGI that would be acceptable, we want to see our favourite actors do what they do. Not get reduced to only hearing their voices.

Down with CGI. Im beggining to hate its excessive use in movies.

when i saw the thread title i was so happy, but this CGI news i'm not so sure of. I guess it'll feeling more like something tottally different in CGI and for fans of the first two it might not seem like a continuation but a strange new begining

Thing is though the majority of the film (as I understand it) is going to be set in Hell. CGI will bring the cost of production down and will mean that the sections in Hell don't look out of place or blue screened. They probably should've just said animated though instead of CGI. CGI makes it sound like it's going to look horrible and be really clunky, we haven't even seen the art style yet, we have no idea how this is going to look.

I'm hopeful for it, the script should be good and Bill Murray can still improv his way around it.

They're all still as talented as they were back then, Bill Murray is even more talented than he was back then. It'd be nice to see a film where they're the Ghost Busters but 20 years older and facing retirement. But this CG one should be great anyway if it's what they were talking about a while ago.

but didnt he say he would never do another ghostbusters?

this anti cgi makes me sad: don't think Garfield, think The Incredibles!

.......what's your point?i never took to the incredibles to be honest.Just think toy story,finding nemo and montsers inc

my point being: the incredibles is a textbook example of using cgi for a comedy action movie- which is gonna be what they're aiming for.

ok but it wont be that cartoonish shall we say.i say look at how the turtles turns out first and then judge