NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Zombie plans?

I was inspired by ultrajamie's WW3 thread, and a Red vs Blue episode, and was wondering... If there was a huge outbreak of zombies, what would you do?

I'd probably retreat to the countryside somewhere (I know a place), as well as trying to rescue anyone I know and any survivors on the way. Cars would be useful in this situation methinks... Then again, if I did that, I'd prolly end up dead, lol!

Anyone got any better ideas?

What kind of Zombies are we talking about?

Shaun of the Dead zombies or Dawn of the Dead zombies or Dead Rising zombies or Resident Evil 0/1/2/3/Veronica zombies or Resident Evil 4 zombies or 28 Day Later zombies or House of the Dead zombies or Michael Jackson's Thriller zombies (my personal favourite) or South Park zombies or The Simpsons zombies or 'Stubbs the Zombie' zombies or I am Legend (Love this book!) zombies?

They differ slightly, but it would effect my battle plan!

What knid of Zombies are we talking about?

Shaun of the Dead zombies or Dawn of the Dead zombies or Dead Rising zombies or Resident Evil 0/1/2/3/Veronica zombies or Resident Evil 4 zombies or 28 Day Later zombies?

The differ slightly but it would effect my battle plan!

Hmmm, I never took that into account... good point. Let's just say the classic Dawn of the Dead type zombies for now. Though feel free to elaborate on other battle plans for other zombie types if you want. :)

Hmmm, I never took that into account... good point. Let's just say the classic Dawn of the Dead type zombies for now. Though feel free to elaborate on other battle plans for other zombie types if you want. :)

Nice! The nasty zombies that sprint and swarm! Hmmmm....Living in London, nothing would change reall!:laughing: Seriously, I would the supermarket next to the Thames, sock up on food, and then steal a boat and sail to an island...preferably a nice Greek one! A really good idea would be, in the long term, to train a pack of guard dogs to protect you! Cos those zombies don't like dogs...this wouldn't work for the Resi zombies...:mad:

In the Shaun of the Dead situation I would drive lock myself at home...after stocking up on food! Play a bit of Wii and 360 and generaly catch up on some gaming while the army sorts its life out!:indeed:

Resident Evil style...I'm not too sure because they are really slow but seem to rape whole cites pretty easily along as make elaborate yet stupidly useless puzzles on the way....I would probably head for the countryside!

MJ's Thriller zombies! Well, I would just get out on the street and BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE! That would be a fun party!:yay:

Most occasions would call for the use of my Samurai sword!!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

i own two real and sharpened swords for this very reason. A nice long sword is the best kind of weapon for zombie attack, you can attack at a decent distance (although if you screw up things might get bad) and should be able to do enough head damage, of course if you can get hold of a gun that's great...so long as you got bullets.

Get the Uzi 9mm of justice and let Arnie do what he does best. John McClane and Rambo can also join in.

Head for the nearest Army Base, Power Plant, Water Treatment plant ect. as they'll be the places most likely to be under protection by armed forces. Failing that, blockade the downstiars, secure myself quietly upstairs. Failing that, get eaten.

Head for the nearest Army Base, Power Plant, Water Treatment plant ect. as they'll be the places most likely to be under protection by armed forces.
Yeah cos that worked out great in 28 days later :heh:

This is actually something I've often thought about. I guess I'd try and shack up somewhere safe/secure with a few decent makeshift weapons and wait it out. This would ideally work best if I had some good pals by my side to keep the fear at bay and humour at max.

Might head down to the coast and try and steal a boat. I'd take it a little offshore and only come back when I absolutely needed supplies or saw a huge great white and decided I needed a bigger boat. Note I don't know how to drive a boat or even a car, so I'd probably also steal a sea captain.

or saw a huge great white and decided I needed a bigger boat.
Oh man, I lol'd.

I have bruised abs and laughing hurts a lot.

Well, as someone says. If its the stupid slow type... no problem, just put spikes around your house...

Fast type? Guns and swords plz.

I would get everyone on this thread to meet up, since we are all quite clearly prepared, and then we could fight our way on to a huge holiday cruise ship where we could have a floating fortress...and have 3 a side football tornaments like in the Nike ads...we would also need to save Eric Cantona for this to be completely ideal... Zombies.jpg

Then again, looking at the state this guy is in, we wouldn't have to wait long for the zombies to simply fall apart...We could speed up the process with a monster truck for fun!

If there was a zombie outbreak and they were anything but the bumbling, moaning classic zombie I'd be pretty pissed off. I mean, way to get jipped with super zombies instead of the easy ones.

and have 3 a side football tornaments like in the Nike ads...we would also need to save Eric Cantona for this to be completely ideal...

Nike ad tournaments or not, we should save him anyway. His karate kicking action could come in handy.

Nike ad tournaments or not, we should save him anyway. His karate kicking action could come in handy.

Excellent point! Shame Cantona can't be used as a weapon in Dead Rising...oh well maybe in an update! By this logic we should probably save John McEnroe. I can see it now...."YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS! I JUST BLEW HIS HEAD OFF!"

Tiger Woods, a good swing for decapitations...

Kelly Brook to keep we warm at night...I wouldn't mind a zombie invasion now...

We've actually talked this over a lot in our house and have come up with an agreement on what we would do. Firstly we have decided on weapons that would be useful around the house for taking out a zombie. I get dibs on the spade, my housemates decided on a massive wok, a can of deodorant with lighter, a cricket bat and a large plank of wood complete with nail. However these weapons would only work temporarily during the intial stages of attack. So the second stage of the plan is to take my housemates car and make our way down the road to the local hardware store where we would be able to get hold of many power tools and other such zombie crushing paraphernalia. From there we will make our way across the road in the car to the local Budgens where we would stock up on food, then head the short distance to either:

A) The pub

B) The university guild

C) The library

As these three places we decided would be easiest to hold against zombies.

Then we hole up and wait it out for a week or so. If no help arrives then plan B goes into action and we steal fire engine and bail out of the city to RAF Brize Norton.

However this plan will probably only work for traditional Dawn of the Dead/ Shaun of the Dead style zombies. If we're talking 28 Days Later (although technically not zombies) or Dawn of the Dead remake zombies, then frankly we're screwed in Britain, because without guns we haven't got a chance.

I would hide in me mates basement, with an assortment of weapons, and tables/chairs/anything big holding the door shut. His basement is full of food, loads of tinned food, alcohol and freezed stuff. Just sit n chill n get drunk, til help arrives :D Ov course would have a radio/tv/wireless internet/phone all down their so we cud find out wots goin on.

We've actually talked this over a lot in our house and have come up with an agreement on what we would do. Firstly we have decided on weapons that would be useful around the house for taking out a zombie. I get dibs on the spade, my housemates decided on a massive wok, a can of deodorant with lighter, a cricket bat and a large plank of wood complete with nail. However these weapons would only work temporarily during the intial stages of attack. So the second stage of the plan is to take my housemates car and make our way down the road to the local hardware store where we would be able to get hold of many power tools and other such zombie crushing paraphernalia. From there we will make our way across the road in the car to the local Budgens where we would stock up on food, then head the short distance to either:

A) The pub

B) The university guild

C) The library

Yeah, Shaun of the Dead style! :D Well, almost... lol!

Some great ideas here. Suggestion : read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. It's great for ideas of what to do in this situation and is very detailed for us with a vivid imagination!

Yeah, Shaun of the Dead style! :D Well, almost... lol!

Well they had some good ideas for survival. I've actually been looking around my room just now and spotted my geological hammer, now there's a weapon. :D So spade for medium range melee combat and hammer for up close and personal. Maybe a nail gun for more long range, hmmm. I think I'm thinking about this too much.

The closest thing I have to a weapon in my room is my wireless keyboard...That ain't good!