NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ren of Heavens

Godzilla: Unleashed, first screens

The 3rd Melee YAY!!!!

I'd heard rumours about this, but I'd given up on thinking it existed. The 1st one is great, and the 2nd one wasn't released on the Gamecube:(

I just hope the Wiimote controls don't mess this one up.

I also assume no kaiju are 'retiring' from the 2nd one.

Mothra FTW!!!

IGN Wii: Which monsters can you play as?

Mark and Simon: We'll feature TOHO's "A" list of monsters, some updated from the more recent movies and a few surprises we'll not reveal. All the monsters have undergone a hi-res makeover with higher poly models, bump-mapped details, leg IK, and amazingly smooth animations.

Ultraman?!?!:weep:

No online. :(

I look forward to the day when we dont have to hear that anymore. Besides the game actually looks somewhat impressive.:heh:

I look forward to the day when we dont have to hear that anymore. Besides the game actually looks somewhat impressive.:heh:

Its sad that the Wii looses out on great internet experiences thanks to Nintendos slow-mo online effort.

The GC one was quite fun, especially when they defended they looked like they were dancing. ANd it looks nice.

It's not going to win any awards in the graphics department, but these type of games could be really fun. I'm hoping that they just concentrate on making the game as fun or accessible as it can be.

Godzilla was a birruva laugh on the GC....The toe stomping attack was pure comedy genius.

Would like to see Mothra and Spigor being playable (although I reckon they would be the most shallow characters ever....but who knows 8-P ).

Wonder what the building damage effects are like?

Well on the original they were okay, but pretty crap, so if they're talking about them this time they're probably going to be pretty good.

Godzilla was a birruva laugh on the GC....The toe stomping attack was pure comedy genius.

Would like to see Mothra and Spigor being playable (although I reckon they would be the most shallow characters ever....but who knows 8-P ).

Well Mothra was playable on the 2nd one (XBox & PS2 only) so I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be on this one.

i must have missed the gc version, last godzilla fighter i played was on the sega mega drive and that was awesome.

Video

http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/881/881519/vids_1.html

For the full article follow the link, but here's some info...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/766/766597p1.html

publisher Atari and developer Pipeworks Software,

the two companies are really pushing the Wii functionalities to give the fighting game a bit more "oomph."

more than 16 different city-destroying titans of four different factions: earth defenders, aliens, mechas, and mutants. Atari's only ready to talk about four that are in the game: Godzilla 2000, Kiryu, Gaigan, and Megolon. But the company let us in on a little tidbit: the game will have two original Toho-approved characters made specifically for this fighter.

The game is being prepared for a fall 2007 release,

Visuals have definitely been bumped up in the move to the Wii

it was clear that the character models and cityscapes received a bump-up in texture work even in this pre-alpha stage.

Atari promises four player battles when the game wraps later this year,

What surprised us was how well the current Wii controls work with the fighting system. Atari and Pipeworks made it clear that the mechanics will most likely change as the game's tweaked in the next few months, but we can see the potential for Wii motion sensing for this fighter. Movement's handled via the nunchuk analog stick, with attacks mapped on the A or B button on the Wii remote. Combining the remote's buttons with motion will perform different swipes and uppercuts. Holding the crouch button on the nunchuk and shaking the device will send the beast on a charge towards his foe. Letting off a beam attack is handled by a two button system and aimed in 3D by twisting the Wii Remote to mimic the direction of your character's head. If the two monsters' beams cross, they'll play "volleyball" with an energy ball riding the beam where each player must time their return or else take the hit.

As the two characters battle, the cityscape can be destroyed by punching buildings or stomping them down. Some buildings could even be utilized as throwing objects during the fight; simply find a knee high structure, drop and lift the Wii Remote and Nunchuk in a "pick up" motion. Whipping the controller or Nunchuk will toss the building towards the enemy. Though it took a few minutes to adjust, the motion controls admittedly works well because these are huge lumbering beasts, and players make smooth, steady attacks that match their 200-foot, on-screen persona's motions.

Godzilla: Unleashed still has a ways to go -- the company is still ironing out the fighting system and control mechanics, as well as working on Wii-specific features that the companies weren't yet ready to talk about publicly. The early look was just a taste of what's in the works for Godzilla on the Wii -- expect more details to surface as the game continues through its development cycle.

Still looks very much like a Gamecube game to me!

The controls seem pretty good... This will turn out fun if you ask me.

The video's a bit lame, I agree. The graphics are generally OK though.

Sign in to follow this