N-Europe

360 or Wii? tempted for 360...

Atomic Boo

My friends that have 360's dont have HDTVs but it still looks really good. Does it really make it a whole lot better?

It makes a big difference but the 360 doesnt exactly suffer in Standard Def. It looks amazing on my dads 42" plasma but even on my 15" CRT Oblivion is still the most beautiful game ive ever played!

Ironically the only console ive ever found to suffer on a small screen is the Wii, it just felt clumbsy on a 15" portable

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN's take on the much rumoured updated Xbox 360;

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/763/763427p1.html

Xbox 360 v.2 Back In Black?

HDMI-capable Xbox 360 to see possible release in April.

US, February 9, 2007 - The Internet is alive with rumors! Today we hear that Australia is getting a black Xbox 360 replete with 120GB hard drive and HMDI port this April, according to Gaming Website Gamers' Reports latest story. The Website recently asserted it is "100% official" that a black Xbox 360 with 120GB hard drive and an HDMI port is coming this April.

Naturally, Microsoft PR representatives have a different story. "We have not made any official announcements regarding any such product at this time. Obviously, were we to announce something like this, it would have to be in a blowout press event, rather than by confirming a rumor."

The truth? Microsoft has tried to beat a very similar rumor down for quite a while now. At CES 2007, actual images appeared online showing the HDMI port. While Microsoft hasn't made any official statements on the subject, the company certainly wants to compete with Sony's PS3 feature for feature. Last fall it released the $199 HD-DVD peripheral. It's finally making 1080p games, and Microsoft told IGN at CES that if there is enough demand for an HDMI port and a bigger hard drive, they'll deliver it.

The Xbox 360 is customizable enough to make such an upgrade easily possible, and images from CES all but confirmed the existence of this Xbox 360 version 2. The stickler issue, however, is what happens to the 10.4 million people who already own an Xbox 360? Buying another hard drive is moderately reasonable, but the only way to make HDMI happen on an Xbox 360 is to have an HDMI input. Hopefully, we will hear a "blowout" announcement about Microsoft's future plans for this product soon enough.

I wish Microsoft would hurry up and confirm this news!!

If there is an updated console and Australia get it as soon as April, I might as well wait and import one!

If there is no updated 360 (or not for a long time at least) then I'd be buying one now! Or as soon as a great bundle is available!

Instead, it's really annoying having to wait on this news, wasting valuable weeks to catch on up all the great games I've missed!

They should just leave it. Bring out a bigger hard drive and just sell that. If 360 really needed a HDMI port they should have put one in from the beginning.

This will be nothing more than a move that pisses off current owners and make them go for Playstation next time round.

Sell your Wii and buy it now, you seriously wont regret it.

I bet he would. In 2 months he'll have both systems, rather than having to rebuy a Wii when he wants games for it again.

It's not that much of a wait and the games will still be there for you to buy when you do get one.

Why would anyone want to sell their Wii? It's been, what 2 months since it came out, and you're already expecting it to have everything that was promised for the whole of 2007. Get Warioware, or Red Steel, and most importantly: get some fucking friends, cause it's no fun otherwise.

I have WarioWAre (but it's now on ebay), i also traded in Red Steel, they're fun games, but even Wario had no replay.

Can someone do a good bit of scouring for me? Im buying my console in store, Game, Gamestation, HMV, etc. Someone get me a goodle bundle between 300-320\?

Sell your Wii and buy it now, you seriously wont regret it.

I sold mine. I dont regret it. :wink:

I have WarioWAre (but it's now on ebay), i also traded in Red Steel, they're fun games, but even Wario had no replay.

Can someone do a good bit of scouring for me? Im buying my console in store, Game, Gamestation, HMV, etc. Someone get me a goodle bundle between 300-320\?

Went through all this myself last Monday so prices should still be the same.

Best deals on the high street were:

Game: Premium + PGR3 + Live Arcade + Extra Wireless Pad + Either WWE or Tomb Raider. £299

Currys: Premium + GoW + R6: Vegas. £299. They also do a "Buy any 2 official accessories and save £10

I went for the Game deal with WWE because i'd already bought GRAW and Oblivion. Good selection of games, WWE is a little weak though. If i could go back i'd have got Tomb Raider instead.

• 2 weeks later...
7 pages of people screaming "Buy a 360! The Wii isn't worth it!" and you decide to get a Wii :heh:

well its my decision at the end of the day, and ill get what i think is right for me. im still unsure, and this isnt my final decision. i may still get a 360, but just because about 6 people are saying to get a 360 in this board doesnt mean ill get it.

If you're getting a Wii, at least wait until Batallion Wars or Metroid comes out, cause you might get bored of whats out there right now. Zelda is admittedly fantastic, but there ain't much else.

Yeah thats what i would do. The current state of games isnt enough to buy one now, there should be a few good bundles by the time metroid is out, maybe even different style/colour wiis or wii-motes. and i can cope without new games for a while.

I'm selling my PSP and stuff to afford this, I'll see if I can get it for mega cheap at Makro, but the real problem is convincing my dad to let me get another console. :hmm:

Maybe If I also sell my old Xbox and get it after my end of year and exams and do well in my Music exams everything will be cool.

That will also give me a chance to save for games, and accessories.