Fav tv company?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Fav tv company?

• BBC
    • ITV
    • Channel 4
    • Five (I pity you)
    • Sky

Ashley, I'm not rating them on what they've made, I'm rating them on what they choose to air.

Different approaches I suppose, but as I said with the publisher analogy...

Don't give me that, they could run 24 hour marathons of 24, Lost, Prison Break and every other popular show and it wouldn't make up for the tripe that was Torchwood.

Torchwood was like a horrible ripoff of the X Files.

If I had to pick a favourite, I'd pick E4. When Big Brother isn't on, there is always something on it worth watching. If not, there's usually something on the way.

I hate ITV so much, it reeks of ineptness! I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! ESPECIALLY ANT & EFFING DEC!!!

Excluding BB, which personally I don't really like, Channel 4 rocks! Shame it doesn't still have Football Golazo...

Ahh, that show was brilliant. As was Transworld Sport. Great to wake up to on a saturday morning.

But those aren't shows that are made by those channels. Its like crediting a publisher for an author's work. They get it to the masses, but they don't make it. (and proves, dispite popular opinion, America make en masse more enjoyable programmes)

And I agree, HBO rules all. Don't watch many shows, but due to being a subscription channel they can do more things and are more willing to experiment.

I guess, but when you say "who's your favourite console manufacturer" and someone says "sony because it has MGS" it's still a valid reason even if sony didn't make it.

Sky didn't make 24, but there's a reason why it's shown on sky rather than ITV, so the tv network deserves some credit.

Voted for Channel 4.

Most of the tv I watch now is on this channel. It's been a while since I've watched Countdown and Deal or No Deal, but I still like both these shows. Good stuff.

Now, I watch The Simpsons, Hollyoaks, and Channel 4 news which is pretty excellent. I'm watching The Friday Night Project as we speak.

There's something I watch on all the channels, but Channel 4 is the one that I just always seem to be watching these days.

BBC?What good is on bbc?Sky are clearly the best

Sky comission very little original programming though. Like Ashley said, most of the popular entertainment shows on Sky One etc. are foreign imports. The only original stuff is ITV-esque reality tripe. And even with this in mind, I think Sky's entertainment channels are still lagging behind the likes of E4. Like I said in my previous post, the BBC are the only British broadcaster producing any real quality these days (with the exception of perhaps Channel 4).

BBC: Doctor Who, Torchwood, and...er...can't think of any other decent show..

BBC: Doctor Who, Torchwood, and...er...can't think of any other decent show..

The ones you thought of aren't even decent, Dr Who is a shadow of its former self and Torchwood is just a third rate rip off on MiB or X Files.

well as i live in denmark none of them. But growing up i watched an awfull lot of television. learned german and english that way. the only channels i sometimes watch now is discovery and a domestic channel dr2.. that show slow paced documentaries. and cudos to hbo for band of brothers and six feet under. and fox for the simpsons

But those aren't shows that are made by those channels.

I thought the question was which channel has the best shows. Not which channels produce the best shows. I'm probably wrong though.

Channel 4 is the best!!

they have

Skins, desperate houseives, big brother(when its good), ugly betty, the friday night project, T4 just to name a few.

They rule (ITV SUCKS)

thougb they also make channels like E4 and FILMFOUR which has made oscar nominated films.

I thought the question was which channel has the best shows. Not which channels produce the best shows. I'm probably wrong though.

Was "what is your favourite TV company", which to me says who makes the best TV, rather than "TV channel/station". Different interpretations I suppose.

ITV is just a livivg, walking joke. They have THE BILL and that is it? Where's my pension gone? Hilarious. Next thing you know they'll have 'how to watch paint dry' or something very similar.

IMO BBC is the best, as it has the best programmes overall, and its news is much better than ITVs attempt at presenting it. ITV is a proper 'chav' channel. I only watch Harry Hill on it, and don't get me started on those shoddy phone in's for almost every single programme it broadcasts! Channel 4 is great, but unfortuantley I get S4C so must wait a few days sumtimes to see certain programmes. For example, we get the other day's Deal or No Deal, not the one that is originally shown on Channel 4, thus people in Wales cannot enter the daily competition. Boo!

Sign in to follow this