NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

That's All Folks!

Looney Tunes on Wii (and 360)

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/757/757706p1.html

US, January 23, 2007 - Today Warner Bros. announced that it will be publishing Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal in fall 2007 for the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.

Developed by Redtribe, Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal is an action-adventure game featuring a slew of playable Looney Tunes characters, including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tazmanian Devil, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Gossamer and a special secret character.

"LOONEY TUNES: ACME ARSENAL is updating the classic characters in engaging ways that will appeal to new generations of fans as well as the loyal fans of these enormously popular cartoons," said Jason Hall of Warner Bros. "The game captures the great irreverence of the Looney Tunes' humor and allows players to take the characters where they have never gone before with next-generation gameplay and graphics."

The game features one or two player co-operative gameplay as gamers find themselves immersed in fast-paced combat, puzzle solving challenges, and vehicle-based action. Players will command an arsenal of various ACME melee and projectile weapons, and travel to outlandish locales inspired by classic Looney Tunes cartoons.

The Xbox 360 version will feature support for two-player cooperative gameplay over Xbox Live. On the Wii version, players will be able to take full advantage of gesture-based controls in different action sequences.

Nice Graphics!

Not a game I'd buy, but Co-op could be great fun!

eh eh looks cool. Not that I'm buying it, but I like clean graphics.

OMFG!!! I want this game! I love Daffy Duck! Especially Duck Dodgers! I was so gutted when they canned Looney Tunes Space Race for the N64. :sad:

I'm not believing Warner Bros. then. First of all I don't believe they would put in so much effort to make the Wii version look good, and secondly that screenshot is in HD resolution. 1280x720 is the standard resolution of the Xbox 360, and the Wii isn't even capable of rendering at that resolution.

the Wii isn't even capable of rendering at that resolution.

Well, consider this.... nearly all last generations screenshots were in resolution that was impossible to all three consoles.

looks like raving rabbits level screen shots. The graphics in game did nto turn out quite so good. Need Road Runner or its pointless.

I don't believe they would put in so much effort to make the Wii version look good,
It's unlikely but maybe the Wii version is the primary version? It's more likely the Looney Tunes target audience would be on Wii, plus it's easy to develop for, unique controls, lower costs etc...

And, yes Road Runner MUST be in this game; though I can't see how he could be a playable character!

roadrunner.gif

And, yes Road Runner MUST be in this game; though I can't see how he could be a playable character!

Meep Meep. *whoosh*

Should be great for the kids.

Haha if I can play as the Martian I'll have to get this game :D

w00t hell yeah.

Well, consider this.... nearly all last generations screenshots were in resolution that was impossible to all three consoles.

All those screenshots were in a higher resolution, taken during the supersampling process on a devkit. We've yet to see Wii games getting screens like that. Those screenshots you speak of though, were never in the exact same resolution as the Xbox 360 happens to have.

I'm a fan of the looney tunes. I've got a road runner t-shirt, which I hold close to my heart.

Also played a little Looney Tunes basketball on the snes (I think), enjoyed it very much.

Warner Bros. Still watch them today, the classic episodes. So ahead of their time these cartoons and others created around the same time were. I'd like Michael Jordan to be playable in this game.

Looks very nice.And I have to say i'm a bit interested in this.

To bad Wii version won't have co-op.It would of been a sure buy for me.

It does look quite clean. My guess is those are 360 screens though.

Still i think this is more a Wii game than a 360 game.

Whoever said nice graphics is joking right?
The Wii version did look as though it would have great graphics from the early pictures,

But the trailer shows them to be pretty average!

Sign in to follow this