NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Ghostbusters: The Game!

Ah nm I did it.

I finally completed the game the game today, I need to go back and collect the rest of the scans and artefacts. A couple of problems I had with the game was the voices volume was too low and I couldn't hear what they they were saying most of the time, though I sorted that problem by turning on the subtitles. My second problem was that the game was too dark most of the time and I couldn't see a thing, I hate it when that happens. Another pretty minor problem was lack of the Ghostbusters theme, it only played during the loading screens and very quickly during the end.

Overall though, it was a great game for Ghostbusters fans, it really captured the feeling of the movies and made you feel like a Ghostbuster. I've played some of the older Ghostbusters games but I felt they didn't capture the same feeling.

Have to say don't agree with that, the loading screens have been enough to make me quite sick of the theme song for the foreseeable future...I much preferred all the other audio cues and little bits of music from the films.

Just finished it myself...for me this was a fanboys wet dream, I love Ghostbusters and this game certainly didn't disappoint. One thing I did however feel was that for the large chunks of the game it just felt like every other shooters as the number of ghosts who needed catching diminished, you can't beat the experience of chucking out a trap and slamming a ghost straight into it.

Hmmm wonder if the voice over during the final credits perhaps leads the way for a stand alone sequel or perhaps some add on DLC? Not sure it would work without the Ghostbusters themselves.

I started on experienced and now I'm stuck on the bit where the little puft minions come through the vents in that building.

If I want to unlock the achievement for completing the game on the highest difficulty, do I have to start a new career or can I just replay them from the replay mission option?

You can just do replay chapter or if you wanna be cheap like me you can do the glitch :D

Replay the first section of the first chapter which is the training and play up until where you get to the hotel and then quit back to main menu. Then load up the boss fight for every chapter after that and you should get the achievement/trophy. Make sure after the boss fight you let the next chapter load, do whatever you have to do at the firehouse and go to the next desitination before quiting back to the main menu and going to the boss.

This method has worked for most people but not for a few. You could just play it properly though.

I'm completely lost. What am I supposed to do in the library when you first meet the ghost librarian. (after the book ghost)?

Edit: Nevermind, it was just glitched. Stupid demo.

Edited by Cube

I'm completely lost. What am I supposed to do in the library when you first meet the ghost librarian. (after the book ghost)?

Edit: Nevermind, it was just glitched. Stupid demo.

I'm on that level right now. I would have beaten this game ages ago but have a ton of other titles to complete. Tis a great game.

Just beat the game on professional (I did all of it, not just doing the first and last chapter of each level :P). Bit annoying how every attack becomes either a 2HKO or 1HKO and then all the other Ghostbusters die while your waiting for them to revive you.

Just beat the game on professional (I did all of it, not just doing the first and last chapter of each level :P). Bit annoying how every attack becomes either a 2HKO or 1HKO and then all the other Ghostbusters die while your waiting for them to revive you.

What i found a tad annoying is when you are attacking creatures, one or two of the busters goes down and as you go to rescue them you get overwhelmed and its "Mission Failed"

I know a lot of you imported the US version of the game for the 360 or brought the PS3 version already , but I figured I'd post this here anyway:

Thanks to a messy, silly publishing deal between Atari and Sony, Ghostbusters is only out in PAL territories on PS3 and PS2. All other versions have had to wait. And now, will be waiting even longer.

The 360, PC, DS and Wii versions were supposed to be out in October, but now won't be out until November 6. No reason was given for the extended delay.

http://kotaku.com/5356243/european-ghostbusters-release-slips-again

Looks like importing it for £100 was definitely worth it, then...

Well worth paying $60 for me + £8 import-tax.

I still have this feeling that this title won't even be released over here at all on the 360/Wii.

I went on this yesterday and it downloaded an update. Does anyone know what it does?

I went on this yesterday and it downloaded an update. Does anyone know what it does?

graphical improvements...updates some of the rough looking textures.

graphical improvements...updates some of the rough looking textures.

Is that all? I thought it was to fix some of the bugs.