NEurope
Stocka

Rocky Balboa

I don't know what happens in this film because you can't understand him in the trailers.

Hi ib rocackyy balbiaiaoa

Double post my a mod?

I thought this film was fantastic, I'll never slate stallone again. I'll have to watch the other Rockys.

THERE'S A THREAD FOR THIS AND I DIDNT KNOW! WTF!!!!

Now that i've calmed down, let me just say i've ordered rocky balboa tickets 9they're in my hand atm). I can't bloody wait! It's going to be absolutely amazing, seriously.

Sly really knows how to get the audience on Rockys side, and no doubt he'll do it again.

Also, what did mr.Ross say about this film?

8.30pm, friday, YESSSSS

You referring to the time you're seeing it? Cos i'm seeing it at 7:00. CAN'T wait!

i think what makes Rocky so good is the way stallone is able to persuade the audience to almost feel sympathetic towards Rocky. In Rocky I, i was so sure rocky was going to win, and once I saw the end, i was like 'Stallone, you sly devil'. The fact that he's able to make the audience cheer for the underdog is just fab.

Also my favourite rocky quotes would have to be:

-(In rocky 4, during the fight).: Duke: You see, you see! He's not a machine, he's a man!'

Rocky 5: (during street fight): 'Come on Tommy, KNOCK ME OUT'

Rocky II: 'You Adrian, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind...marrying me very much'.

Also, this video will be loved by anyone who likes Rocky (or has seen 5 atleast).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fio3uSDO4wg

I love some of the quotes in in the trailer.

Rocky Balboa: It' ain't over till it's over.

Mason 'The Line' Dixon: What is that from? The 80's?

Rocky Balboa: I'd say that's probably the 70's.

Paulie: What basement?

Wow. I just came back from America and I've seen this early. All I can say is... Wow. Compelling story, please, please, please watch this film. 11/10

I watched it a few days ago, and I expected it to be much worse. The film progresses very slowly until about half way through and then it picks up.

Also has some outstanding editing and cinematography during the fight at the end.

Overall, it's enjoyable to watch, but doubt you'd want to see it twice.

Boring. I don't like boxing so i don't see why i should watch a film about it. And from reading your best quotes i have to say i don't feel im missing out on much either.

Boring. I don't like boxing so i don't see why i should watch a film about it. And from reading your best quotes i have to say i don't feel im missing out on much either.

Why waste your time coming in here moaning about it then?

I will be seeing it at 13:15 on Friday. I will have to go by myself as my mates are at work ( I booked the day off )

One of the great lines I heard from Film 2007 was...

Rocky: Alot of people come to Vegas to lose, I didnt!

I'm looking forward to this film a lot. I've been watching the previous 5 Rocky films to get me in the mood. I'm going to see it on Saturday at 5pm as my local cinema was fully booked for the Friday showing

You suck, Jav.

Only question is when I'll be going to see this. Essential viewing, imo. This is going to be immense.

I'm going to see it on Saturday at 5pm as my local cinema was fully booked for the Friday showing

Damn that has got me worried. I haven't booked as I didn't think i'd have to...

Yeah, I was kinda hoping to see it, I didnt realise that making reservations would be necessary? Strange one, but if its full or all reserved then theres always the Pursuit o' Happyness and Ill see Rocky another time.

I've never watched a Rocky film, but i'm guessing despite his age he'll still win because it's Hollywood. Awesome.

I've never watched a Rocky film, but i'm guessing despite his age he'll still win because it's Hollywood. Awesome.

If I didn't love you, I'd sooo punch you in the mouth right now.

*sigh* Rocky films aren't even about boxing. Hence why Rocky I (which has barely any boxing in it) is conidered the best in the series.

And yes Stocka, you might want to order tickets! you need to be 100% sure!

*sigh* Rocky films aren't even about boxing. Hence why Rocky I (which has barely any boxing in it) is conidered the best in the series.

Exactly. Most of the time it focuses around Rocky's life and his relationship with Adrian. Bar the fights at the end of the movie and the odd training scene, there isn't much to do with boxing in these films. Its all about his life.

I've got Rocky 1 and 2 on tape with me, so I may watch them again fairly soon.

Exactly. Most of the time it focuses around Rocky's life and his relationship with Adrian. Bar the fights at the end of the movie and the odd training scene, there isn't much to do with boxing in these films. Its all about his life.

I've got Rocky 1 and 2 on tape with me, so I may watch them again fairly soon.

1 and 2 are my favourites, with 1 ranked slightly higher than 2.

If i had to rank them in order, it would go something like this:

Rocky

Rocky II

Rocky IV

Rocky III

Rocky V

Although I think Rocky Balboa could fit in somewhere between 1 and 2.

How would the rest of you rank them?

1 and 2 are my favourites, with 1 ranked slightly higher than 2.

If i had to rank them in order, it would go something like this:

Rocky

Rocky II

Rocky IV

Rocky III

Rocky V

Although I think Rocky Balboa could fit in somewhere between 1 and 2.

How would the rest of you rank them?

Similar order to mine, but I'd have put 2 over 1. Actually, I don't know, my opinion on which one is better changes every day or so. :heh:

Hmm, I love both very equally. I love the endings for both films, and its hard for me to pick which one I love more.

Pure bliss though is watching number 1 and then 2. The journey within that is amazing. I neeeed to watch these films again,now.