NEurope
david.dakota

F-Zero Wii (speculative)

Don't get me wrong, F-Zero GX was fantastic looking, but again because the minimal textures and simple track side objects allowed for 30 vehicles without slowdown. The trick is of course that the scenery wouldn't look good standing still, but when accelerated to 2000kph you're not likely to notice the subtleties anyway. If you ask me I'd like to see them try for 50 cars in the same race.

pointless 30 is enough.If the game had graphics like gx i would be happy.Officialy the best graphics on gamecube.I jaw dropped

god all this talk is making me want to wheel out GX, think I'm gonna have to, have so far bemoaned the lack of a decent Wii racer forgetting this is stashed away in a cupboard still uncompleted (owing to it being rock solid).....

Too right its one of the hardcorest games I have - GX. I've not unlocked everything in it yet. My yearning for the AX Cup (I think thats its name) is all the more burdensome cos I keep hearing its got he best levels in the game. And I may be destined never to see them.

Tridents a great old level though.

One more thing, I think 30 racers is a phenomenal number, but if they can up it then why the heck not??

Too right its one of the hardcorest games I have - GX. I've not unlocked everything in it yet. My yearning for the AX Cup (I think thats its name) is all the more burdensome cos I keep hearing its got he best levels in the game. And I may be destined never to see them.

Tridents a great old level though.

One more thing, I think 30 racers is a phenomenal number, but if they can up it then why the heck not??

if they can yes but improved graphics and online play comes first.

Yeah, obviously the Wii has the capabilities of getting us online. I'd like to think online is pretty much guaranteed for the next one.

I doubt somehow that online will have 30 racers at a time though, never mind a higher figure.

Graphically, it should also be at worst on par with GX. I can't see Nintendo scaling it back on us, F-Zero's been on a steady graphical incline throughout its time. I'd expect the Wii version not to buck this trend.

I have the AX Cup unlocked on my memory card so if you ever want to see the tracks you'll just have to invite me round with my saved data :heh:

..looking forward to the Wii version loads.. X and GX are two of my favourite games ever :bouncy:

I forget how you get the AXcup but i have it yes.unlocking all the character movies must take a while though.i also unlocked the big blue song.Which you can use on the track by holding z.the game was huge and had so much unlockables

They must bring back the death race. Multiplayer death race. Online death race.

That is all I need.

It would be nice if the female racers looked more like females and less like men, maybe.

Also I prefer Mario Kart DS steering sensitivety and road grip to F-Zeros funky controls. I feel more in control and amused I guess.

F - Zero needs more female racers. :p

100% AGREE with this statement. I was going to suggest the exact same thing myself, but wasn't logged on...

Dudes...stop arguing...Miyamoto has already said that games like F-Zero on the Wii would use the analoge stick for steering. (i.e. The Nunchuck one...not the bloody Classic)

This was ages ago so don't ask me to find a link; but I know he said it because before then I was worrying about the Wiimote steering.

I forget how you get the AXcup but i have it yes.unlocking all the character movies must take a while though.i also unlocked the big blue song.Which you can use on the track by holding z.the game was huge and had so much unlockables

Yeah, but only hardcore F-Zero-ers could unlock them.

Dudes...stop arguing...Miyamoto has already said that games like F-Zero on the Wii would use the analoge stick for steering.
Not really, Miyamoto was thinking out loud in an interview on Wii controls as an example of a game that, at first thought, wouldn't be that suited for the Wiimote. Excite Truck would have changed his mind I'd say, and otherwise Miyamoto wouldn't be that involved with the game anyway.

What I would like control-wise:

Nunchuck:

Analogue stick: Steer

Z: Left Airbrake

C:

Pull Back: Left Airbrake (optional)

Remote:

A: Accelerate

B: Right Airbrake

D-Pad Left/Right: Side-Dash Attack (thing)

D-Pad Up/Down: Spin Attack

1: Change camera (closer)

2: Change camera (further)

Pull Back: Right Airbrake (Optional)

Of course, GameCube controller as an option would be nice too. (and classic controller)

Single Player: Cups, Story, Death Race, Practice, Quick Race, Time-Trail, Death Race

Multiplayer: Vs (plus bots to make up to 30 racers in total), Death Race, Co-op Cup

Online: Not that bothered. Something like MKDS will be fine.

Indeed this is a great set up only 30 player online is a go###wrn must!!

What I would like in F-Zero Wii:

Multiple control settings (nunchuck, classic, wiimote etc)

A mix between X and GX in gameplay

Multiplayer - offline and online

Track creation tool - similar to the N64DD cartridge

Online community - share tracks, replays etc

Also I prefer Mario Kart DS steering sensitivety and road grip to F-Zeros funky controls. I feel more in control and amused I guess.

The steering was the best thing about F-Zero! You have to get it exactly right every single time, using L+R enough to make yourself get round corners with a little bit of analogue stick.

What I would like in F-Zero Wii:

Multiple control settings (nunchuck, classic, wiimote etc)

A mix between X and GX in gameplay

Multiplayer - offline and online

Track creation tool - similar to the N64DD cartridge

Online community - share tracks, replays etc

All essentials there... I'd also like a character creation mode.