darthbane2k

Wii snubbed? - Sixaxis honoured with Emmy

Sixaxis

-Buttons

Wii Remote

- Buttons

Tell me if I left anything out.

Oh you got everything.

- 'Wireless' which requires you to plug it in for a bit whenever you turn it on to even be able to play"

Source? As far as I see if it's on a Bluetooth network it should work under the same syncing procedure as the Wii.

Oh you got everything.

Source? As far as I see if it's on a Bluetooth network it should work under the same syncing procedure as the Wii.

I'm going by what I saw in a news story the other month that said it came with a USB cable that you used to link the controller to the console manually every time you turned it on. I have no source, not sure if it's correct or not so just read as wireless for now.

I think consumers know that the PS3 has taken a leaf from Wii's book and not the other way round, so in all fairness the Wii-mote should have got that award if they were entered.

Overall? Who cares, the Wii is extremely popular at the moment and one award ain't gonna make a blind bit of difference.

Slightly odd though, i must admit. :)

As far as I'm aware it's a one-off thing.

SIXAXIS doesn't have a sync button so you just use the cable should you have friends around.

I think you were trying to shine the SIXAXIS in a bad light anyway, the main differences are Wiimote has rumble, a speaker and is modular.

The SIXAXIS has no pointing technology but it remains a design classic.

The nunchuck and classic controller do not count as advantages because the SIXAXIS does them by default.

We all know the Wiimote has more potential, but the SIXAXIS is still a solid foundation. No pun intended.

i bet s**y paid them off

You couldn't even say their name? :laughing:

Thats like when my nan has had a migraine and shes says 'I've had a you know what' instead of saying what it is, believing it will come back and get her!

:hehe:

Seems the Wii is getting snubbed because it doesn't show next gen power, so isn't in the race for next gen. Then again with games like Farcry showing the wii power of N64ness, there's no surprise alot are not paying attention.

rofl you dug real hard to make it nintendos fault there didnt you :D

What a complete joke.

The SIXAXIS has no pointing technology but it remains a design classic.

The nunchuck and classic controller do not count as advantages because the SIXAXIS does them by default.

I personally think that the Playstation controller design is one of the most uncomfortable I've ever held, but each to his own, I suppose.

I would say the nunchuk certainly does count as an advantage to the Wii controller, or at least the fact that you can detach it and do many things on the Wii one-handed does. I also like the fact that the long wire between the controllers means you can rest each hand pretty much where you want when playing.

Yeah but it comes under the umbrella of being modular.

There is a trade-off between design and comfort, I think that Sony got it right.. the GameCube controller is nicer to hold but it looks like shit.

as a completely random comment, the gamecube controller is probably the most comfortable controller out there (in my opinion)

Yeah but it comes under the umbrella of being modular.

There is a trade-off between design and comfort, I think that Sony got it right.. the GameCube controller is nicer to hold but it looks like shit.

I dunno, there's a fair amount of gamers out there who cannot stand the analogue stick placement on the PS2 pad.

It's one of my least favourite controllers, to be honest.

360 controller is superb also! One of the best if i'm honest.

There all fantastic in there own right.

God the prepubescent jealousy and generic rage in this thread is hilarious.

Nintendo weren’t part of the event, where they?

Don't give me all that shit. Sony chat shit all the time and never deserve all awards.

PS3 might have some top games in a years time, but that doesn't mean I can't really dislike Sony.

360 controller is superb also! One of the best if i'm honest.

There all fantastic in there own right.

360 pad is a class pad.

most copyright infringing company of the year goes to ps3 for blatantly ripping of the wii which has no awards as we have been bribbed by sony

hahahahha, this is a total joke.

Why would Nintendo win an award at a conference they never participate in?

Its meaningless. Its not as if these "awards" are going to result in an increase of 10 million plus PS3s... Just because a few complimentary words are said about PS3, by default, it doesn't mean it's automatically determined to be the most successful system PERIOD.

Relax, this will have little to no bearing on Nintendo Wiis success...

BUT... This sort of thing will if in unison that is: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11747

as a completely random comment, the gamecube controller is probably the most comfortable controller out there (in my opinion)

Totally true, though the Wiimote certainly showed an incredible look and feel. The GameCube controller fits perfectly in any hand and the buttons are easy to use. Just like the Wiimote.

And yes, let's be honest: the PS3 design is tried and tested and is a great controller. Nintendo has yet to prove the true potential. Yes, pointing is one thing, but that's about it. i love it though, and the greatest plus is that it can attach anything. I hope for more Nunchaku-lik stuff.

Right, you do know you make a similar movement when pitching in Wii Sports Baseball?

Sony didn't deserve to win it over the Wiimote, surely, but you can't call the controller or its movements retarded.

Sixaxis

- Tilt

-Buttons

- 'Wireless' which requires you to plug it in for a bit whenever you turn it on to even be able to play

Wii Remote

- Nunchuk attachment

- Classic Controller attachment

- Rumble

- Speaker

- Buttons

- Motion sensing control/tilt/accelerometers

-Wireless

Tell me if I left anything out.

Pointer and ability to add new things to the controller... like the gun attachment, and although it apparently sucks, the steering wheel attatchment. The point is that there is a lot more possiblity with the wii controller.

As for comfortability, the GC's pad is second only to the 360's in my opinion. Dual Shock just doesn't fit into my hands right, and it doesn't have the hexagon thing around the analogue stick, which I like.

They bought the award for sure!

What has PS3 got to do with Emmys??? And what makes sixaxis (Technology and Engineering) better whan the Wii remote+Nunchaku? It's the same thing plus an accelerometer. Wii Remote is not the same thing, and has much more than an accelerometer!

3c238a2981.gif

Seriously that just looks retarded. What a fantastic innovation! :shakehead

Someone Wii Punch that guy!

3c238a2981.gif

Comme on - it looks silly. It isn't the appropriate thing to do with your cotnroller. That's why the Wii Remote actually does it right. Controlling a game like Excite truck with the SIXAXIS is equally as nice, but I think it feels better using the Wii Remote. But doing things like the Wiimote does in Wii Sports just isn't appropriate for the controller.

Xernobyl: The SIXAXIS is not bad - it's still an industry standard and it works fine. The rumble is lacking and Nintendo probably just didn't join in the competition. Sony could use some good advertisment, but the controller is good - no matter what. Not the best, but a standard.

Comme on - it looks silly. It isn't the appropriate thing to do with your cotnroller. That's why the Wii Remote actually does it right. Controlling a game like Excite truck with the SIXAXIS is equally as nice, but I think it feels better using the Wii Remote. But doing things like the Wiimote does in Wii Sports just isn't appropriate for the controller.

Xernobyl: The SIXAXIS is not bad - it's still an industry standard and it works fine. The rumble is lacking and Nintendo probably just didn't join in the competition. Sony could use some good advertisment, but the controller is good - no matter what. Not the best, but a standard.

I didn't say it is bad, but for it doesn't deserve a technology and engineering award! PS3 maybe. Not the controller.

Right, you do know you make a similar movement when pitching in Wii Sports Baseball?

Sony didn't deserve to win it over the Wiimote, surely, but you can't call the controller or its movements retarded.

Agree there, anyone I've ever seen using a Wii remote looks retarded. It's part of the fun. But the anologue sticks are still a bag of shit on Dual Shock.