Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mac Thread

Charlie

DO IT!!!!!

i know a couple guys who work in there that i never knew worked there till a few days ago . . . weird.

In student discount news, my friend was able to get the full 15% discount off his MacBook that he got in November from the Apple Store in the Arndal ein Manchester (where i'm getting my MacBook Pro from in a weeks time).

I shall ring them up anywho just to check or else i'll have to go without the internet or a pc for 2 days :(

Urgh its so much effort. Its the whole waking up, going to the train station, getting a train. Too much. And I'll end up going to Topman as its nearby and spending all my money.

I may go the Saturday after next (after telling my manager I can no longer work Saturdays because I need to focus on uni...). Plus that way I can play with my friends as I think hes getting one before we go to uni.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urgh its so much effort. Its the whole waking up, going to the train station, getting a train. Too much. And I'll end up going to Topman as its nearby and spending all my money.

I may go the Saturday after next (after telling my manager I can no longer work Saturdays because I need to focus on uni...). Plus that way I can play with my friends as I think hes getting one before we go to uni.

fair enough, about 5 or 6 of my 'real life' friends own macs, weird that i never noticed before a couple months ago lol

Hmm Refurbished MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo for £750 or new MacBook 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with upgraded RAM (1GB) for the same price (ish, with student discount)? Anyone got any refurbed experience?

Hang on, im no maths expert but if a MacBook is £749.00 and with student discount its £703.83 thats not much is it? About 8 or so percent?

That's the discount I was given on mine.

Did you buy it instore or online?

Ah just found its 7% if you do it as a school and 15% if you do it through your uni's network, so will need to buy it when im next on campus.

Hmm would I notice much difference between 1.8GHz and 2?

just rang apple do do do doooo

they say that its up to the manager if they offer the 15% or any discount at all.

do do do do dooooo

just gotta ring the Arndale tomorrow and check. do do doooo

Hmm would I notice much difference between 1.8GHz and 2?

Probs not to be honest, but i'm getting the best i can afford as i want it to last me for 3 years.

just rang apple do do do doooo

they say that its up to the manager if they offer the 15% or any discount at all.

do do do do dooooo

just gotta ring the Arndale tomorrow and check. do do doooo

Ring the Bullring one too for me? You know you wanna :p

I think I may drag someone up there a week on Saturday actually.

MACOS X 10.0 Introduction

PART 1:

PART 2:

PART 3:

These three is the must-be introduction to MacOS X. Check out how ugly the dock looked and how the pre-release version of the dock worked, see why they've chosen for certain looks and how Aqua came to be.

Go for it, macboy!

watched them now, also confirmed that everything i can get with a discount on the HE online store, i can get in my Apple Store, including the 3 years protection for under 60 quid :D

Booked an apointment to meet with an apple person who i can talk to about what i wanna buy, make sure i have everything i need and to get commision off my purchase probably lol

Hmmm... Apparantly mac had translucency a while ago - is that true? I'm not sure, I've never seen it. i'm looking forward to leopard, but I think it's still a while and I hope they give us more than just another 'minor' update of thee system with no great leaps forward...

Hmmm... Apparantly mac had translucency a while ago - is that true? I'm not sure, I've never seen it. i'm looking forward to leopard, but I think it's still a while and I hope they give us more than just another 'minor' update of thee system with no great leaps forward...

well according to everyone under the sun, theres going to be a slight UI revision as well as boot camp for vista, nothing new there though-we'll just have to wait till June when Apple will probably blow Leopard wide open.

does anyone know of some good mac/apple websites? i have such a large thirst for knowledge i've consumed 3 magazines in a matter of hours cover to cover. . .

well according to everyone under the sun, theres going to be a slight UI revision as well as boot camp for vista, nothing new there though-we'll just have to wait till June when Apple will probably blow Leopard wide open.

does anyone know of some good mac/apple websites? i have such a large thirst for knowledge i've consumed 3 magazines in a matter of hours cover to cover. . .

http://www.macrumors.com

I do like these screenshots posted on macRumors from Leopard - they're nice, without the brushed metal. i alays loved the 'plastic' interface that Mail has and it looks good, smooth and simple. Hope they have more enhancements, though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!