N-Europe

Knights of Cydonia

Fierce_LiNk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, there are over 20 film references in the KoC video, and they were going to give a prize away to the first person to get them all.

I tried, but i dont watch enough films.

I haven't seen the video yet. I'll give it a look later and see how well I do. :)

Haha, we seem to have started a bit of a KOC last.fm craze.

However, Invincible is awesome!. ;)

I said that ages ago in another Muse thread we had and everyone ignored me. :heh:

(I like Muse more than you like Muse)

Completely of-topic, but does anyone here like Meat Loaf? I've been listening to him loads recently and love the album I have.

I said that ages ago in another Muse thread we had and everyone ignored me. :heh:

(I like Muse more than you like Muse)

Completely of-topic, but does anyone here like Meat Loaf? I've been listening to him loads recently and love the album I have.

I can't remember you saying you liked it. I think others did like it as well, and I'm sure Athriller loved it.

Meatloaf is a god.

(I like Muse more than YOU)

I've hit the 2 hour mark of my Knights marathon - still loving it (if only Last.fm would update within a reasonable time period)!

Edit: It's still saying Mcfly!

Last.Fm cannot keep up with our awesomeness. :)

Whilst theres a Muse topic does anyone know whether theres going to be a live DVD of this tour?

Also I'm assuming Muses next album and tour will be 2008 in which case 2007 can fuck off and die I want 2008.

well I'm gonna guess that the wembley gigs this year will probably be recorded, I've not heard about a live dvd of the pre-christmas tour yet though

Saw them live, once at Wembley recently, and once on their Absolution tour at Earls Court.

Blew my head off. KoC is a fantastic track if either:

1. You want something new

2. You've heard it live

3. You can play the drums to it/guitar/bass/whatever :P

Invincible got boring for me fast. Map of the Problematique is probably one of my favourites..

Whilst I mention it, go listen to the chorus and listen to hear what Matt sings.

Anyone else think it sounds like "Hoooooooooly Lesbiaaaaaan"?! XD

PS. I do know the real lyrics for it :P

Whilst I mention it, go listen to the chorus and listen to hear what Matt sings.

Anyone else think it sounds like "Hoooooooooly Lesbiaaaaaan"?! XD

PS. I do know the real lyrics for it :P

No I don't think anybody has ever thought that. Ever.

MEGABEATS TIME!

Oh man anyway I was just watching the K of C video. And my mum came in the room so I paused it just as it zoomed in on that blonde girls leg who was on that horse. Ah well it gave me a chance to watch the video again as I proved it wasnt hardcore supersex.

They had a competition up on the song's website asking for 15 film references. First 1000 people to get them got a free poster or something.

I could only ever get 5 :(

From Wiki:

Aside from the very few obvious ones, such as Star Wars (which is referenced by a robot in the movies' stiff gait and the holograms of Muse being projected everywhere), The Matrix (with the protagonist's 'Bring it' hand gesture), Planet Of The Apes (with the statue of liberty in the desert), Westworld (a western set in the future), Mad Max, The Lone Ranger, and Batman, other references are to the television programs Battlestar Galactica, The Lone Ranger, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century and Kung Fu while more obscure references are to High Plains Drifter, Legend, Maverick, Heavy Metal, The Searchers and Blade Runner.

Its a gift! Seriously I hear all these people saying they liked a song but then it was played too much so they got fed up with it, i have never had this - if I like a song then I like it for good (unless my tastes change over the years)!

I'll quite often just listen to song over and over again, did the same with Welcome To The Black Parade!