NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Wiimote batteries

the batteries in my wiimote keep running out. Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do to stop it.

First of all, what batteries are you using?

Also, if you use the pointer in the games a lot, the battery will go down a lot more than if you just use the tilt, for example.

Try turning off the rumble, and/or lowering speaker volume. :)

That should help a fair deal.

Grab yourself four rechargeable batteries and a charger.

And yes, it has happened to anyone else ¬_¬ in fact it's probably happened to everyone else. Was this a joke thread?

I'm using Energizer batteries, and I'm happy to say they have lasted 3 weeks of on and off play.

And yes, it has happened to anyone else ¬_¬ in fact it's probably happened to everyone else. Was this a joke thread?

It could be that they're running out at a really stupid rate. Like...a new set everyday, or something.

buy a pure energy quick charger (comes with alot of batteries)

if they sell pure energy in europe

if not

your best bet is to use rechargable alkaline and change them as soon as you see you only have one bar left (the batteries will last longer this way)

No this isn't a joke thread. I changed the batteries last night and they have run out today.

I think I'll try rechargeable batteries.

It really depends on what type of batteries you use. If you use the cheapest ones you find, well, you get what you pay for. Duracell+ work well for me.

No this isn't a joke thread. I changed the batteries last night and they have run out today.

I think I'll try rechargeable batteries.

Which batteries are they? Also, how long did you play for?

I have rechargeable ones, and they die fast. I fully charged them last night, and after about 2 hours of Zelda and 1 or 2 of Sports/Play, they are at 1 bar. I think I'll buy two more, and have one set constantly charged.

Blatantly a joke thread.

AAAHAHAHAH such a parody of typical members arond here.

Castlevania wont work

3 pages later

Oh you have to assign buttons in the menu

My Wii wont turn on.

3 pages later

Oh it's not plugged in..

Blatantly a joke thread.

AAAHAHAHAH such a parody of typical members arond here.

Castlevania wont work

3 pages later

Oh you have to assign buttons in the menu

My Wii wont turn on.

3 pages later

Oh it's not plugged in..

To be honest, if you read through the Castlevania thread and this one, both sound like reasonable problems.

This thread: "No this isn't a joke thread. I changed the batteries last night and they have run out today."

If my batteries were getting eaten that quickly, I'd wanna know why.

And the Castlevania one: ViPeR didn't know you could change the layout, as few retro games did. Also, the default mapping, which many people will use automatically, was poor. 2 moves linked to 1 button? That's pretty bad.

Alright defence force, you must have some sand in your vagina or something.

Basically when you press the home button there's a manual.

Alright defence force, you must have some sand in your vagina or something.[/Quote]

Haha, nice Cartman quote.

Basically when you press the home button there's a manual.

What is in the actual manual? I've seen it listed, but never clicked on it. I assumed you could re-map the controls in the game's options menu, as that was how you could do it in some of the old games.

It definitely has much to do with the type your using.

The ones that came with mine ran out in three or four days... but that was intense play with lots of high volume and rumble on. I think its high time that I atleast invest in a charger and some rechargeable batteries, and what better a time than the January sales! I think that although the speaker on the 'mote isnt really amazing, once your used to hearing sound effects through it, you gotta carry on with em - the same goes for rumble... though for the time being Im gonna turn them off in Wii Sports and Wii Play to conserve a little play. :smile:

Stop playing it.

Strangly my batteries died in one of them when I didn't play it for about 2 days and they were full before. Think I must have tossed it down by the TV in such a way that a button was being pressed.

Which batteries are they? Also, how long did you play for?

Well the ones that came with it ran out in a few days. The ones that ran out over night were panasonic I think. They hadn't had loads of play time. They had been in my second 'mote that had noly had a few hours of wii sports and then after I changed I had a few hours of zelda.

I'll advise you to get a second Wiimote. If you never know wich 'mote your using, you'll last incredibly long. I've got my since Wii December 7 (a ful half day before you all stood in line to be the first te get your Wii at 12:00 PM) and only replaced the batteries once.

I have 2600mA NiMH 1,2 V rechargeables.

They last very long, played lots of Wiisports and Zelda - surely for over 10 hours and it still has a good amount of charge left. Got four together with a charger for 10€

Sign in to follow this