NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

I finally bought a ps2

One question: From where do I get cheap PS2s with the possiblity to play EU- and US-Games? Therefore one with modchip is needed, isn't it?

One question: From where do I get cheap PS2s with the possiblity to play EU- and US-Games? Therefore one with modchip is needed, isn't it?

Thats actually two questions... I'll answer one of them.

To play both pal and ntsc games you need a moded PS2 or PAL/US Ps2 with a swapdisk. I would recommend getting a moded one.

What's the differnece btw. moded one and swapdisk-version?

But no answer to the question from where to get those?

EDIT:

"Tales of" Games didn't get released in Europe, did they?

To play both pal and ntsc games you need a moded PS2 or PAL/US Ps2 with a swapdisk. I would recommend getting a moded one.

Another possible choice is to use HDLoader if you have fat PS2. HDLoader is free application that allows you to run games using PS2's networkd adapter and harddisk.

What's the differnece btw. moded one and swapdisk-version?

But no answer to the question from where to get those?

Modded PS2 has a chip installed. This chip does everything for you.

A swapdisk is a Disc you run on the ps2. And then "swap" with your imort game. I think you need to do something with your ps2 Disc tray to make it work.

Try Ebay.

EDIT:

"Tales of" Games didn't get released in Europe?

Correct.

wooo just got Makai Kingdom but WoW and Lumines have taken over my life :D

how you are able to loose your life to lumines is beyond me. Good to see you are enjoying your self though :)

Hmm... I googled a bit now and found out that there are different modchips...

And there are some that can even be used to run a DivX/XviD/MP3-Player for PS2 and store it on the chip itself.

Now my question is which are good and which do have the Player-Feature-Possibility?

Although the question is if I don't buy just a US-PS2 because I so or so don't want to play Japanese games but just European or US-Games but I could also just play US-Games (instead of buying a European version of a game I could just buy the US-Version)...

Because a modded PS2 would of course be more expensive than a normal US-PS2...

Another game to get is Okami this friday . :)

Next friday mate though its out on the 9th Febuary

how you are able to loose your life to lumines is beyond me. Good to see you are enjoying your self though :)

Easy, because it kicks arse. I remember playing the first game at Schpickles house and he commented on me that "I was in some sort of trance state" while playing it.

Just watched the God of War 2 trailer over at IGN....LOOKS AMAZING!

Also does anyone know ( points in Doms direction ) if Dawn of Mana is getting a release in the US? I have seen the screens of the game and it looks beautiful!

Just watched the God of War 2 trailer over at IGN....LOOKS AMAZING!

Also does anyone know ( points in Doms direction ) if Dawn of Mana is getting a release in the US? I have seen the screens of the game and it looks beautiful!

Dawn of Mana is certainly coming out in US! I think the special day is March 30th. :)

Next friday mate though its out on the 9th Febuary

Day before my birthday :D WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Rogue Galaxy arrived today, just have to wait another 2 weeks before Amazon ships my guide...GITS!

Rogue Galaxy is one of my favs RPG'S ever i think...and i haven't even played it that long. It just looks great, easy to get into it and has a good story behind it. It really does remind me of Star Wars. I love the animation cut-scenes.

http://uk.ps2.ign.com/articles/763/763624p3.html

God of War 2 review, scored an amazing 9.7!!!

I've now preordered this. I was going to anyway, but it's sounds amazing and just as good as the first one. I Espicially like that it will run at 720p when on a PS3.

Rogue Galaxy is one of my favs RPG'S ever i think...and i haven't even played it that long. It just looks great, easy to get into it and has a good story behind it. It really does remind me of Star Wars. I love the animation cut-scenes.

Thats good to hear. My guide came on saturday and it is a monster, seriously its huge. Just need to get into the mood to play the thing now as im all about my 360 at the moment.

Thats good to hear. My guide came on saturday and it is a monster, seriously its huge. Just need to get into the mood to play the thing now as im all about my 360 at the moment.

It's a beginners RPG which will probably get harder as you progress. It all just makes sense though, unlike most RPG's which are plain confusing.

It's a 100 hour game supposadely with loads of lovely Locations and a great cast.

It plays like Kingdom Hearts.

You'll love it.

I've recently got tired of the non stop online shooting games i've been playing on my 360 and fancied shutting myself off with some single player fantasy-ish games.

So i've just bought myself a ps2 along with Dragon Quest, Okami, God of War (and maybe 2 if the first ones good). And i've pre-ordered Final Fantasy XII and this snazzy game called Rogue Galaxy, any one heard of it? It's like Skies of Arcadia in space!

I hope these games are good.

Sign in to follow this