NEurope
taiomi

Opera Trial Channel Impressions

http://team-dsx.net/ds/basic.php.

Tabbed Wii web browsing

December 23rd, 2006

Well this made things a lot easier! Histoplasmosis sent us a link which shows you how to do tabbed browsing on your Opera Wii browser. It is extremely simple actually! All you do is open up your Wii browser, and visit the address http://team-dsx.net/ds/basic.php. Once you go there, a little tab will pop up in your browser. You click the image to the left, which allows you to open new tabs. Awesome find, I just added this to my favorites!

i think i wont use the trial that offten.

though the full version it depends if it suports java or not

i think this current trial has some kind of multi windows support, it just isn't visible. I'm often finding myself randomly on a page i visited a while ago without messing with the back/forward arrows or anything.

same^^

the tabbed site is back up now.

yeah it is new link:

http://www.team-dsx.net/wii

seems ok, abit tempermental sometimes and adding too many tabs means having 2 scroll bars.

Anyway it's xmas day! best get in the festivites only came on line to mess about with new webcam!!!!

i am writing this on my wii. the browser seems good but i wish i could add favourites. just figured out that you can its much better now

my sister crashed my wii using it today. this was the first time its happened to my wii so i couldn't figure out what had happened until i (unplugged it and plugged it back in) looked at the play history.

my sister crashed my wii using it today. this was the first time its happened to my wii so i couldn't figure out what had happened until i (unplugged it and plugged it back in) looked at the play history.

My Wii has crashed twice, both times while playing Red Steel. Never EVER has this happened on any other Nintendo system i've owned to date. Instead i've had about 10 read disc errors on GC but not jamming.

my wii has crashed like 5 times while using the opera channels to watch films ect on dailymotion.com

Why is Wii hardware so crash prone?

Its not as if it's incredibly powerful hardware that its overworking itself. Or is it perhaps due to only being 1mhz more powerful than GC, it can't cope with the pressures of hardcore usage?

Its not as if it's incredibly powerful hardware that its overworking itself. Or is it perhaps due to only being 1mhz more powerful than GC, it can't cope with the pressures of hardcore usage?

they cant be bothered with stable software... as they know they can update it either on line or hidden in new games. Couldnt do that with gc.

It does seem very prone to crash at the mo, mine has crashed 3 or 4 times whilst on the browser and then the first couple of days after launch, it just turned off on its own twice whilst playing zelda!

My GameCube probably crashed 10 or so times by the time it was as old as my Wii is now. And crashed quite regually until (for some odd reason) it was in a boot of a car that got rear-ended. Perhaps some units are more crash-prone than others. (for all consoles)

Wii Opera now supporting Youtube videos:smile: : peace: , but no longer Google video:blank: :heh: .

i found it really usefull when my dell computer stoped working some led's were blinking, had to go on the dell website and find out what was wrong

Wii Opera now supporting Youtube videos:smile: : peace: , but no longer Google video:blank: :heh: .

It supported them when it first went up, but then it stopped, for some reason...

It supported them when it first went up, but then it stopped, for some reason...

YouTube has always been working for me...

Well this is a bit of a bump.Brief Estimate of Final Version Release Date!

PN: So here's the big question; when will we be getting the full version of the browser to download on Wii?

Opera: Opera and Nintendo are planning the release for the final version of the browser for late March/early April.

PN: The biggest problem (Which is still very small) to do with the Opera browser is that typing can be very slow (especially for novices). There was a rumour that keyboard drivers were a possibility. Does that stand?

Opera: You will have to check with Nintendo on their plans to offer a keyboard. Opera would not be involved in this.

PN: Our last question is will there be any updates to the browser after this version, or is this it?

Opera: The browser for Wii will be regularly updated.

Source

I was expecting this in June sometime so this is good news for me!

And also being regularly updated is a bonus.

Excellent news!

June is the time when we have to pay for the full version, they said it would be out before that, around March time.