NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Wii Suggestions Thread

So, all of us who own one of this wonderous machines think it's pretty awesome right? I do, but whilst it may be pretty awesome, it could inevitably be better, and this thread is for suggestions of such things which would make it better. So, fire away, what bits of the wii would you like to improve? Try and keep it feasible though, like stuff they could update through system updates.

One thing that bugs me is that for the address book you can only add Mii's for a person if you already have said Mii on your console. Thats a bit...erm...I forget the word, but you know what I mean right? It'd be good if you could add someone, then once they've added you back, you get to set a mii that will appear by itself in their address book. I'll be back with more suggestions later, I just have to finish off a bit of wii boxing first.

I think a wii sort of pictochat would be good too, pretty much sort of a wii messenger so you can chat to any of your friends who are online and stuff.

DivX and Xvid support :D

Then an option to use the Wiimote like a lightgun would also be really nice and to be able to change the sensitivity of the wiimote in the main menu.

Also a bit more costumization options for the Mii would be cool.

the ability to acess save data from the SD cards would be nice instead of having to copy everything.

and maybe the ability to customize the music for the main menue

DivX and Xvid support :D

Ooo yeah, that was one thing I was dissappointed about. When I heard the wii could play .AVIs off SD cards I thought that was pretty cool, until I tried it and found out it doesn't seem to support any codecs, which is a bit crummy as no decent video is made without them.

It'd be cool if you could like try VC titles for 10 minutes or so before you buy them too, I just bought Bomberman on a whim, and it's a bit meh.

There should be smily faces available when you're sending messages, and just more custom features on there altogether. More like on Animal Crossing where you can choose different paper designs.

Edit: Oh yea kind of like Rummy's idea, I think you should be able to sell back VC games but for less points obviously. Maybe half.

ooh where to begin

-VC game prices should be 1/2 what they are

-the Wii Shop background music is irritating and the screenshots for the games should be enlarged

-the blue light should stay on during gameplay just because...

-the controller battery life is horrible, a charging cradle would have been nice

-the blue light should stay on during gameplay just because...

It should be an option, some people wont like it like that and then they wont be able to tell if they get a new message or something.

-the controller battery life is horrible, a charging cradle would have been nice

Buy a battery recharger for £5 which comes with 2 rechargeable batteries, then buy another 2 and have them on a constant cycle. Much easier, and you can always play with that controller. :)

It should be an option, some people wont like it like that and then they wont be able to tell if they get a new message or something.

Buy a battery recharger for £5 which comes with 2 rechargeable batteries, then buy another 2 and have them on a constant cycle. Much easier, and you can always play with that controller. :)

Yeah that seems to be the only solution for now, though a cradle would erase the grueling physical burden of removing and switching batteries

The sensor bar should be in two parts that you attatch to either side of the middle of your tv. That way, you can point directly where you want on the screen instead of having to point above or below.

Which should I get for launch alongside Zelda: Red Steel or Call Of Duty 3?

Teh steel. If you have friends that is ;).

I actually think the sensor bar should/could have been 3 pods - two in each bottom corner, and one at the top in the middle. In theory, this would give the Wii exact dimensions of your screen, and enable better traiangulation of your point in space.

Secondly, I want the Wii to record playtime in a memo. That is, how long exactly you've played Zelda for - not just on a day basis.

The Blue light should glow when in internet, news, Mii channels etc. But should remain off during gameplay.

Games should be able to be run directly off an SD card - perhaps only NES and SNES, given N64 games are much larger. The option would be nice.

The sensor bar should be in two parts that you attatch to either side of the middle of your tv. That way, you can point directly where you want on the screen instead of having to point above or below.

Problem is that I think it makes all it's calculations off the fact that it already knows the distance between the IR LEDs on the sensor bar, it needs some sort of known before it can work out the unknowns, although davidredge's suggestion should be able to sort that out easily.

I was dissappointed about the playtime counters too, they should add a bit with a running counter somewhere, although Zelda does have its own already on the playfile, it'd be nice to have it for other games and stuff. A load of stats, a bit like the ones in SSBM.

The main one is the memory situation, having to copy everything to the Wii first if just ridiculous, and I'm worried about teh future when we've got loads of stuff on teh system memory.

I'm still unsure how putting a save from and SD card on someone elses memeory when they already have a save of the same game works - I'm going to experiement tonight, I hope I don't get disappointed!! To be honest I'd rather use the SD card for ALL games saves and the system memory for future software and VC games!!

Things I'd like improved:

- the obvious customisation in Mii and emailing

- that when you add someone they get a message saying someones added them do they want to return

- To be able to play your own music on all the channels

- To be able to create sub pages wthin a chanel, so i could create a SNES chanel and in there are all my SNES downloads

- To be able to write as much as I want in a message

- That the play time records doesn't end after a certain amount and just put OTHERS

That'll do for now....

Which should I get for launch alongside Zelda: Red Steel or Call Of Duty 3?

Please don't go off topic like that, that's nothing to do with this thread.

I'd also like DivX and XviD support, maybe you'll eventually be able to download video codecs in the Wii software section. I also want the news and weather services up and running, and the option to attach a No. 1 favourite Mii to your system code so it automatically appears in other people's address book. Some online games ASAP would be nice. A free internet browser, a channel solely for playing music and video, USB drive support. A male to male USB cable should let you connect your Wii to your PC and browse the files on it. Option to have the light on, also nice. Errrm... I think they should make the white Wii a limited edition so more people buy it and people who wait for the black one don't seem more special :heh:

- Have to agree with Half price virtual Consoles games

- A better range of V/C games ie Zelda on the 64 perfect dark... etc

- auto play when powered on with a Disc in

all i can think of atm

Is there gonna be a battery pack for the remote, because consistently changing batteries is bound to be expensive, not to mention utterly shit for the environment.

Please don't go off topic like that, that's nothing to do with this thread.

Sorry about that, I just "needed a suggestion".

Is there gonna be a battery pack for the remote, because consistently changing batteries is bound to be expensive, not to mention utterly shit for the environment.

no and there are no recharagable batteries that fit that slot wither:shakehead

Well that's a bit shite isn't it, which prick came up with that one ?

Well done nintendo, rock on.

There should be a Sneak Peek Channel that shows trailers of new and future Wii releases.

This also has the dual purpose of showing how these games will actually look on your TV

I did some stuff with the SD card earlier, would be nice if you could run VC stuff right off a SD card, and if when copying you could like select a number of things then copy them all in one go, rather than having to do it bit by bit. Does anyone know if you can save your mii collection to SD cards? PM me if you do.

I know I said feasible suggestions, but something that I keep thinking is that they really should have put an eject button on the wiimote, I waste precious seconds waiting for that disc to pop out!

Be able to put the wii in standby from the mote (can you do this? maybe my mote is screwed)

wireless nunchuck

own music in wii sports/play

wireless sensor bar

wireless classic controller

just everything wireless basicly.

be able to use the wii shop from you pc and save vc games to the sd and transfer that way.

thats all for now. oh and an auto start option if theres a game in.

Most importantly:

- More Mii customisation

- Sub Channels for VC games

- More email options

- Blue light customisation

Be able to put the wii in standby from the mote (can you do this? maybe my mote is screwed)

Yes, what else did you think the power button on the wiimote was for ?

Sign in to follow this