NEurope
ndreamer

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

I think a fusion of the two would have been better. Lose the giant peach, keep the "Dragon Quest" text the same as before, I prefer the new "IX" (not red I mean) and I'm indifferent to how the subtitle is placed and the swirly wind.

The new logo has much better contrast on the lettering, I like it. Very pleased that this is on its way.

Wonder which famous person will be playing this game on the commercials :heh:

Brian Blessed to make sure everyone knows its an epic game.

I think a fusion of the two would have been better. Lose the giant peach, keep the "Dragon Quest" text the same as before, I prefer the new "IX" (not red I mean) and I'm indifferent to how the subtitle is placed and the swirly wind.

I think they should have kept the "T" as a sword though.

Looking at it again, I think it does look nice actually.

I think they should have kept the "T" as a sword though.

I thought that was included under the "Keep the 'Dragon Quest' text the same" statement.

I thought that was included under the "Keep the 'Dragon Quest' text the same" statement.

Yeah, but it's the "T" I'm upset about the most, I can take losing the giant tree seed thing, but the sword "T" is a Dragon Quest tradition.

I'm agreeing with you is what I was getting at. I didn't specifically mention the T just the text as a whole, from the colors to the "T".

Yeah, but it's the "T" I'm upset about the most, I can take losing the giant tree seed thing, but the sword "T" is a Dragon Quest tradition.

Jeez, it's just a logo, and this is coming from a Dragon Quest addict that I am, I said before it's supposed to appeal to the bigger audience, not to us, they know all too well that all of us Dragon Quest fans will get it.

Just be glad they just didn't go back to calling it Dragon Warrior IX

Want the logo to look like this again?

Dragon-warrior-viifboxart.jpg

Yes and Nintendo should just ignore where Dragon Quest in English is selling more (Yes Europe has bought more of the Dragon Quest series then the US)

Just like Nintendo are doing with Monster Hunter 3, and also what they did with layton series, I 99.9% believe Nintendo will bring it out in every region with number and everything.

US logo

dqixlogona022410.jpg

Jap logo

dq9logo.jpg

It's gone from blatant number in the logo in the Japanese version to less obvious in the US version. Following that trend, it'll be completely gone in the PAL. Seeing as DQ8 wasn't numbered, I doubt this one will be either.

It's gone from blatant number in the logo in the Japanese version to less obvious in the US version. Following that trend, it'll be completely gone in the PAL. Seeing as DQ8 wasn't numbered, I doubt this one will be either.

Well the page before us H-O-T posted how Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies had been trademarked in Eruope , but it still has the IX on it, so I don't know, who knows whats going at the moment, I am guessing we will know more in the future if Nintendo want to leave the number there everywhere or just for the US alone

Just seen a rumour on Gonintendo saying that the EU release is 25th June!

I was checking American retailers the other day and they are saying it's due out in July over there, could still just be a placeholder date though.

The game was just rated by the OFLC in Australia so I reckon June/July sounds about right.

dragonquestixausrating.png

Perhaps Grazza seeing this will make him stop bitching at thinking this game has been toned down because the box art has a kid on it.

Also looking at the title, the number shall stay it seems

Edited by killer kirby

Just seen a rumour on Gonintendo saying that the EU release is 25th June!

That would be a very present surprise if true. Seems strange that Nintendo would be keeping it so hush hush- where's the hype!

Perhaps Grazza seeing this will make him stop bitching at thinking this game has been toned down because the box art has a kid on it.

I dunno, its only a PG... :indeed:

That would be a very present surprise if true. Seems strange that Nintendo would be keeping it so hush hush- where's the hype!

Monster Hunter 3 was hush hush for a while even when there was news of the release date and then BANG lots of hype, when an Australian game gets rated it might come out in a couple of weeks or a couple of months, the latest would be somewhere around August which is GOOD!. Pokemon, Red Dead Redemption, Monster Hunter 3, Shin Megami Tensei and Infinite Space...yeah lots of time needed for those games at the moment, Dragon Quest IX can consume the 2nd half of this year :heh:

EDIT:Just looking at the whole news a bit now and it seems it's really might be coming out in around the end of JUNE!!!!

So all you other games...will have to take a back seat and wait till sometime 2011...now EVERYONE...DANCE!!!!

281brix.jpg

EDIT 2: And because I am now in an even happier mood...pics!!!

4535624597_ce58033ecd_o.jpg

4535624603_d73da5e813_o_d.jpg

Edited by killer kirby

I'm sure they'll be hyping it up at E3, it'll be one of their big titles.

I'm sure they'll be hyping it up at E3, it'll be one of their big titles.

....lol

It'll be mentioned, but their big title? Nope don't expect it, it'll be all about the 3DS and WiiSomething as well as Zelda which will be the most focused things Nintendo will focus on.

....lol

It'll be mentioned, but their big title? Nope don't expect it, it'll be all about the 3DS and WiiSomething as well as Zelda which will be the most focused things Nintendo will focus on.

It'll be their big DS title, the DS isn't dead yet. Plus they've said they are going to push the game in America and what better place than E3?

It'll be their big DS title, the DS isn't dead yet. Plus they've said they are going to push the game in America and what better place than E3?

Look, I would love exactly what you are saying, but seriously...I am just thinking realistically here...usually below expectations since I won't usually be disappointed.

But Dragon Quest has always sold like shit in English sadly, no where near as much as what other RPG's sell...Nintendo have already tried in bringing Dragon Quest into the mainstream, happened back waaaaaaaay in the 80's a matter of fact.

Plus remember...Golden Sun DS.

If anything, I expect Dragon Quest IX to get the treatment that Monster Hunter 3 got, Youtube account, funny clips, TV commercials, perhaps new color DS's etc etc...

But seriously, at the press conference, I can only see them mention the game and then going onto other games...sad to say.

Of course I hope I am wrong and they do talk about it a lot

July 11th in the states. NeoGAF are saying July 27th for here but I don't see a source on that.

DRAGON QUEST IX: SENTINELS OF THE STARRY SKIES LAUNCHES ON JULY 11

Character Customization, Cooperative Multiplayer Adventuring and an Epic Story Make for a One-of-a-Kind Nintendo DS Experience

REDMOND, Wash., May 19, 2010 - Launching in the United States on July 11, DRAGON QUEST® IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies™ for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems lets players enjoy an adventure that is entirely their own, yet can be shared with others anywhere, anytime. Developed by Square Enix Co., Ltd., this game has already become a phenomenon with players of all ages and backgrounds in Japan, with more than 4.2 million units sold.

Before setting off on their adventure, players can create their own heroes, deciding how they would like their face, hair and clothing to look. As the story unfolds, players become stronger, smarter and more powerful, and can customize companions who join their group. Players will have fun discovering more than 1,000 pieces of clothing, armor, weapons and other items that will provide them with a unique appearance and special abilities. Players can also change the class of their character at any time, choosing from a variety of vocations that will affect their abilities and strengths in the game.

In DRAGON QUEST IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, players begin their adventure as a city guardian who is sent to retrieve a sacred tree's fruits, which have the power to grant wishes. Players travel the world, conquer fearsome monsters and unravel an epic storyline. During their journey, players will encounter mighty opponents in fast-paced battles, and also interact with a colorful cast of characters.

DRAGON QUEST IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies contains special modes that let players share their adventure with others, allowing up to four players to team up via a local wireless connection and experience the fun of tackling challenging monsters and dungeons cooperatively with their own characters. Players can even leave the game active in their backpacks, pockets or purses and still interact with other players via an interactive "Tag Mode." Information about players' characters can be wirelessly transmitted to others, and treasure maps and customized greetings can be exchanged automatically by players who come within range of one another when their games are set to Tag Mode.

Players looking to enjoy a variety of different game activities can take on special side quests. Some of these quests will be earned by progressing through the game, while additional quests will be made available for free download for players with broadband Internet access after the game launches, providing hours of additional content for virtual adventurers to enjoy either on their own or with friends. Some downloadable quests will continue the main storyline of the game, while others offer standalone missions.

"DRAGON QUEST IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies is one of the biggest games ever to hit Nintendo DS, with an incredible amount of content for every kind of player to enjoy," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "This new game has all of the elements of an instant classic: customization options, a great story, and the ability to share a nearly limitless experience with friends."

For more information about DRAGON QUEST IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, please visit dragonquest.nintendo.com.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ home console and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 3.4 billion video games and more than 565 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.

Edited by darksnowman
added euro speculation

I'll be importing this baby from the US, and also buy an australian one as well xD

boxart

4621113131_bd3ba143c1_o.jpg

*faints*

Europe site

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nds/dragon_quest_ix_sentinels_of_the_starry_skies_17296.html

So it's leaving the number there, oh and english shots are on there as well as proper gameplay footage of the game

Edited by killer kirby