NEurope
ndreamer

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Ooh, DSWare could get the FF IV mobile phone stuff!
But... Funny rumors prior to Echoes of Time say it's coming to the Wii as a half assed effort!

Our gut feeling was that these games running on a GBA engine would be perfect for the DS - but our sources indicate that the remake will not be for a handheld console, but in fact for the Nintendo Wii.
Source: http://www.rpgsite.net/news/273.html

And that, seeing it came before Echoes of Time bomb being dropped, which ensued a lot of doubts of how unseemingly unlikely it would be for square-enix to be that half assed and just how much lack of planning would be possible if Square-Enix were to put a mobile phone episodic content on the Wii to cover up the fact that they have nothing else, as if putting some kind of Hansaplast patch on a amputated leg could ever work.

Brilliant, if I hated RPG's I'd so be eating some popcorn now, how idioticly stupid is this... I mean.. LOL Square-Enix... LOL, your couldn't do worse if you tried (or maybe you did)

Actually, mentioning Wii reminded me that we have a thread in the Wii channels board saying that FF IV could be heading to Wiiware. Imo, Wiiware would be fair enough. :heh:

Actually, mentioning Wii reminded me that we have a thread in the Wii channels board saying that FF IV could be heading to Wiiware. Imo, Wiiware would be fair enough. :heh:
It's the same piece of news; and still a crap approach in my book.

Better than putting DS games on a DVD and selling them at the same price as their DS counterparts but still. [a) DVD's are cheaper as a media than a cartridge is b) it's still a freaking DS game, no matter how much it pushes the DS, it's too insulting to be on a shelf and at the same price of the DS game c) probably could be a free Wiiware channel and only then would be a "advantage" or bonus]

Freaking give me DQ IX with DQ VIII graphics and i'll seriously need a change of trousers :heh:

Japanese release date is March 28! 5 days after my birthday. If only I lived in Japan...

More details from GoNintendo.

New Class: Traveling Performer

- balanced defense and offense

- acrobatic skill

- increase this skill to learn special techniques (for example, make an enemy laugh

- some equipment of the Traveling Performer: Serpent Whip, Feathered Cap, Dancer’s Shirt, Gaudy Pants, Acrobat Shoes

Possible new class: Bodybuilder

New Monsters: Zucchinya and Tiger Lance

New Monsters: Zucchinya and Tiger Lance

New Monsters: Moomon, Ponpoko Tanuki and Argon Devil

- Zucchinya: vegetable monster that is good with a spear

- Tiger Lance: uses a lance, and can cast spells such as Rukani

- Moomon: skin like a cow

- Ponpoko Tanuki: known as a “dance heroâ€, uses dance steps to ‘attack’

- Argon Devil: very fast, slender body allows it to attack quickly. Sharp claws

New NPC: Winged angel Laviel

- works in Luida’s bar

- allows you to connect to multiplayer features

- one player hosts, others play as guests

- 4 characters allowed

- some treasure chests can only be opened by the host

Multiplayer battles

- if you fight separately, you can call for guests to help

- guests will be transported to host if host calls for help

- guest can decline

- if you run up to characters in battle, you can help them

- multiplayer detailed records kept

- record examplesâ€

1. Class, Name

2. Time played

3. ‘information couldn’t be translated’

4. Number of battles won.

5. Number of titles received

6. Number of quests cleared

7. Percentage of monsters faced and defeated

8. Percentage of items acquired

9. Percentage of recipes

- use gestures with frineds

- gestures are hidden throughout the game world

Sweet trailer.

I've had to wait til now to get a look at it due to the network at work being a bit on the slow side when it comes to loading videos. Worth the wait though. Its good to get a look at battling and even hear a bit of the battle music!

In the Ngamer preview they said the game isn't online, I thought it was. I remember there being some confusing over if it was or not but didn't we confirm it was online?

In the Ngamer preview they said the game isn't online, I thought it was. I remember there being some confusing over if it was or not but didn't we confirm it was online?

I don't think the confusion was over whether DQ9 is online or not, I think its just unclear as to what the online component is all about. As far as I know, its 100% certain that there is an online mode, its just unknown what its set to entail.