NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

I've never found a Zelda boss quite as hard as the first time I played the Water temple boss in OoT.

I always struggle with bosses on gameboy Zeldas but I think it's just because I'm rubbish at them in general.

Does anyone else think that there has been very little 'point of sale' promotional stuff for Twilight Princess in shops?

I mean, I have been in loads of game shops and havent seen a single standee or poster for it on either the Wii or Gamecube. The only thing I have seen is a large display box for the game on Wii, but even that only has Zelda on one side of the box and the Wii controller on the other...

Even the Wind Waker had posters, standees, display boxes, 'window dangleys' the 'countdown clock' etc

Has anyone seens any other promo stuff?

I guess I just expected Nintendo to make a bigger fanfare of one of their biggest ever releases, and one of the biggest games of this year...

(I posted this originally in the Gamecube Zelda thread, but it seems to be quite dead now, so thought id post it here aswell, hope thats alright)

It's because Nintendo sold one with nearly every Wii anyway. That's the single reason: they don't need marketing. Apple manages just fine without advertisements - it'll go with the talk. Twilight Princess sells like hot-cakes. No need to advertise what you won't have in stores, no? it's sold-out.

Did anyone else find the Yeti love particularly touching?

Yes. I can't remember which page its on, but I particularly loved the Yetis. Were 2 of my favourite characters in this game.

I don't think he's meant to look exactly like Tingle, but just sorta...an ancestor type of Tingle. Sorta how like this Link differs so much from OoT link.

adultlink0jk.gif- horrible picture, I know. But, its a good face shot.

zelda.jpg

Obviously, this Tingle comparison is a lot more drastic!

I don't think he's meant to look exactly like Tingle, but just sorta...an ancestor type of Tingle. Sorta how like this Link differs so much from OoT link.

Eiji Aonuma: Also, did you realise that the real Tingle also lives in the Castle Market?

Nintendo Dream: What?! Are you kidding?

Eiji Aonuma: [With a bit of a nasty expression] He's there, isn't he? In the Castle Town. [Laughs]

Nintendo Dream: Maybe... Is he that star man?

Eiji Aonuma: That's right. (Laughs) But Tingle also appears in some other games, so here he's not called "Tingle". But that star man is the result of wondering what a realistic Tingle would look like, and he's based on a rough sketch that Nakano (Main Character Designer, Yuusuke Nakano) made at the beginning of development.

Nintendo Dream: He looks so cool, it's hard to imagine that he's Tingle.

Eiji Aonuma: He came out of thinking, "What would happen if a really cool guy wore those green clothes?" In this game we've taken references from the previous games and made all sorts of changes. The star man is our reference to Tingle.

zelda.jpg

Also that TP Link screenshot is from a old build.

As a separate note, I'd be curious as to what everyone's favourite Zelda tune from the past 4 3D games was... I'll start with:

OOT: Ending credits, followed closely by... Serenade of water (though all the ocarina tunes were amazing).

MM: Song of Storms, followed by Majora's Wrath music.

WW: Epilogue music (last scene where they set sail). I. LOVE. THAT. TUNE. Fantastic scene.

TP: Kakariko Village or Victory on the Bridge of Eldin

For Zelda TP:

All the version of Kakariko Village.

All the version of Ilia Themes

All the end battles songs

All the end songs

Blizzard Theme 1

Zant Theme 3

Link & Ilia share a moment (Remake of Oot ending credits)

Midna's desperate hour

Zant controls Midna (Remake of lttp underground cave)

Ordon Unhappy homes

Also that TP Link screenshot is from a old build.

He doesn't look that different from the final one?

zelda.jpg

They have pretty much the same face structure... the tingle one was supposed to be like a descendent or something.

I personally believe that link has a fat nose. Really. A thick nose, to say so. I more liked the pointy one like in Ocairna of Time. Somehow, back then, those models had much more expression than they have now. it could also be because Twilight Princess doesn't have many cutscenes that show Links reaction (any other than swinging like a knife-seller and ending up putting his blade away). I like the incredible responses like surprise and anger, but they're rarely shown in the new game. Ah well. It are fond memories...

I personally believe that link has a fat nose. Really. A thick nose, to say so. I more liked the pointy one like in Ocairna of Time. Somehow, back then, those models had much more expression than they have now. it could also be because Twilight Princess doesn't have many cutscenes that show Links reaction (any other than swinging like a knife-seller and ending up putting his blade away). I like the incredible responses like surprise and anger, but they're rarely shown in the new game. Ah well. It are fond memories...

Uhm, you're kidding right? Twilight Princess is at least as expressive as The Wind Waker for Link and has many cutscenes (especially in the first half) that show Link's face a lot. The new Link is awesome.

Uhm, you're kidding right? Twilight Princess is at least as expressive as The Wind Waker for Link and has many cutscenes (especially in the first half) that show Link's face a lot. The new Link is awesome.

But sadly, i remember how Link was shot by Ganondorf, how he as a child tried to keep hold of his feelings (courage, my friend!) and how he was scared whenever he saw the evil. I remember his scream. I remember the horrifying first time you put on a mask in Majora's Mask. I do'nt seem to remember that much from Twilight Princess. I loved the Wind Waker's graphics though, and I do remember a lot from those as well. Keeping control over himself when he sees evil being done, the happy smile when he learns something new. That was top notch. Right now, there's only the smile from link with Midna on his shoulder that I seem to remember from Twilight Princess. Ah well, I'll jsut have to look again.

i thought the star minigame man was really good looking, jesus christ its tingle!!!

anyway so i think im fucked. i didnt know what alot of you were on about with the cannon glitch, but i'm in snowpeak now and still on the first floor after getting the pumkin, went into this room almost underground (climbed through a hole in the wall and dropped down) went through an ice maze with little ice people on the floor, then put the cannon ball into the cannon, rotated it to where i wanted to blast.. nothing happened. exited and reentered the room, and the cannon ball isnt there anymore. will i have to start from the last save point??!

As a separate note, I'd be curious as to what everyone's favourite Zelda tune from the past 4 3D games was

OOT: Windmill Hut/Song of Storms + Hyrule Field Theme

MM: Clock Town

WW: Dragon Roost Island + Outset Island

TP: Midna's Desperate Hour

anyway so i think im fucked. i didnt know what alot of you were on about with the cannon glitch, but i'm in snowpeak now and still on the first floor after getting the pumkin, went into this room almost underground (climbed through a hole in the wall and dropped down) went through an ice maze with little ice people on the floor, then put the cannon ball into the cannon, rotated it to where i wanted to blast.. nothing happened. exited and reentered the room, and the cannon ball isnt there anymore. will i have to start from the last save point??!

no, that's not the cannon room that the glitch refers to.

look on your map and you should be able to see the location of the cannon ball (it'll be a red dot... you might need to have the compass actually).. if not, it'll be wherever you fired it!

but it didnt fire!! and if it did.. it would be behind some ice passages i asume i'll need the ball and chain to get too, which i cant get yet

arrgh confused!!

I have finished Arbiter's grounds, and the game gets so much better from here.

Two bad guys in one game? Not just any old bad guy but ganondorf? That is paradise. Also, remember that old shot of the town with a triforce on the ground? I do. lol