NEurope
ReZourceman

What Happened To The Rep On This Site?

I think the system was abused, too much repwhorage and the like. So the nasty admins took it away :cry:

Reputation only causes problems, just like visible post counts and thread ratings.

Reputation only causes problems, just like visible post counts and thread ratings.

Meh.

I think they got it right on HCRealms.

Make Posts only count in specific to the site areas, IE the Nintendo areas of here etc, and after a while and with some maturity Rep calms down a bit.

*Flexes fingers and they click*

Being 5th Rep out of 80,000 isnt bad for the ol' ego either. :laughing:

Although I will admit, I wasnt here, so it may well of been worse.

Is is me, or have a load of things just pointlessly changed?

edit:

- "You have 2 post(s) in this thread, last Today" where the thread icon is

- Number of attachments displayed

- "Multi-page thread" for multiple-paged threads.

Rep was good, then it got abused. It died after that.

It seemed kinda pointless to me anyway...

Yeah... haha. That's.. that's exactly what happened.

*sinks off*

BLAME THIS FUCKER RIGHT HERE >: (

only kidding m8

Still your fault though >: (

i don't get it what was this rep thing?

Well if its anything like HCR (Which it is because they are vBulletin also)

Its a function that on the top of posts you could approve or disapprove the content of the post/if you like the poster/for fun, and then the more rep you get the more you can dish out.

On HCR everyone could Negative rep for like...a day, before they changed it to no one can. Then about 2 or so months ago they changed it so Moderators can Neg rep, and about 2 weeks ago they changed it so Diamond Donors ($50/$25 cos they had a half price month) can Neg Rep.

Yeah, it was abused and so was taken away.

There's been a few suggestions in the rules board about how we could implement it if we did bring it back, but nothing is concrete yet.

We've gone this long without it... I really don't think we need it on these forums.

I was just curious as to see what happened to make it get banned. I thought there would be a cool story involving 3rdChild, but alas no.

Just to clear up any confusion.

Yeah, it was abused and so was taken away.

There's been a few suggestions in the rules board about how we could implement it if we did bring it back, but nothing is concrete yet.

Well, the HCRealms way (No negative for regular members) Seems to work okay. I dont know how people would react to it on here though.

Its not really important.

I was basically dared to challenge rep by certain members of the forum and did, not expecting them to be taken away as nobody should ever take me seriously. There was an issue there though, but since they're gone I don't really think the forum is any worse off.

Another problem was other members were PMing me asking for rep on MSN and stuff. I'd like them back though, just because lots of people hate me because they're gone and I'm several Christmas and Birthday presents short every year because of that.

If rep ever comes back, it should be awarded by mods and admins only for quality posts and great threads. It shouldn't be left up to the people. Plus (there's a plus) it would encourage people to participate more... and that's what we've been looking for lately, right?

The whole system is pretty flawed, to be honest. Like you said, people were PMing each other asking for exchanges in rep points. How do you police that kinda thing?

It's far more trouble than its worth, imo.

The whole system is pretty flawed, to be honest. Like you said, people were PMing each other asking for exchanges in rep points. How do you police that kinda thing?

It's far more trouble than its worth, imo.

The forum hasn't exactly gone to hell without them, so best to leave things be for now.

Besides, we still have these:

makeshiftreppoint.gifjordannegativerep.jpg

Haha, yeah, you've still got those. :heh:

Well, i can't see them coming back unless the system gets altered in some way. As in, mods and admins can only give points, but i don't think i like that neither do i think it would go down well with the members on this site. :heh:

To be honest, a points system is a bit..childish. If somebody makes a good point, then an "i agree" or something should be good enough. If everyone hangs around this place long enough, it's always evident who makes really good points and posts. That's what i think anyway.

If rep ever comes back, it should be awarded by mods and admins only for quality posts and great threads. It shouldn't be left up to the people. Plus (there's a plus) it would encourage people to participate more... and that's what we've been looking for lately, right?

Elitism, and power struggles will ensue. Mods and Admins will become even more infatuated with their own inflated sense of superiority.

To be honest, a points system is a bit..childish. If somebody makes a good point, then an "i agree" or something should be good enough. If everyone hangs around this place long enough, it's always evident who makes really good points and posts. That's what i think anyway.

Exactly. Well said Flinky

Elitism, and power struggles will ensue. Mods and Admins will become even more infatuated with their own inflated sense of superiority.

Heeeeeey. :heh:

But yeah, you're right. At the moment, things are on an even playing field. For the best.