NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Wii On ITV News (next 15 mins)

Yeh my mum and I just watched it and my mum said, " I'm actually excited about this Wii thing, can't wait to play bowling." lol fuck off. Its mine bitch.

I know how you feel, I never saw my PSP again after my mum discovered Puzzle Bobble, and she had a thing for hexic hd as well.

Hmm, i doubt it'll be repeated. But, you never know.

I guess you won't know unless you watch the news later, or if you see it advertised.

You don't really want it repeated, it will only cause some daft old bat to write into Points of View about how Wii's are turning the nation's youth into the next wave of drugged up psychopathic ninja's or something.

Didn't anyone see it on BBC News 24 a few weeks ago, where they called it 'Nintendos handheld machine'...

Yeh my mum and I just watched it and my mum said, " I'm actually excited about this Wii thing, can't wait to play bowling." lol fuck off. Its mine bitch.

this is possibly, the best quote .... EVER....ever!!1won

Quite good coverage. Oh and the pat cash at the wii house towards the end hehe, i been there :)

I know how you feel, I never saw my PSP again after my mum discovered Puzzle Bobble, and she had a thing for hexic hd as well.

My parents did the same with New Super Mario Bros. I couldn't get on my DS lite for ages!

My parents were interested in the Wii after they saw it on the news today.

Eh...? Are you in America, because I'm sure that holy grail of puzzlers (tetris can fuck right off) is called Bust A Move around these parts.

god all of them annoy me.Internet and weather channels for the adults?Excuse me while i puke!

god all of them annoy me.Internet and weather channels for the adults?Excuse me while i puke!

as far as mainstream press coverage goes... it wasn't THAT bad....

oh no not that one.watch the bbc one posted by dante

i must warn you though it aint pretty.

oh no not that one.watch the bbc one posted by dante

i must warn you though it aint pretty.

"not that any of us take games seriously"

For anyone who is planning on watching it (I unfortunately did), that is the place to turn it off.. if you even get that far..

..and the guy that says he couldn't get anything else done because he could see the addictiveness there and how you could be engrossed a couple of hours.. what the hell is he on? How many people do you see reading a book and vacuuming (properly) at the same time..? He obviously didn't have a problem wasting his time to come onto a programme and talk about it but.. oh yeh.. he was getting paid..

..oh.. and out of interest, Radio 1 is suppposed to be talking about Wii on sunday night (already posted this in meaningless posts..)

Falling right back unto the the "nintendo is for kids, ps3 for adults" theme.

bbc should go to hell.

For Itv that was very very good coverage. Newsnight was a pile of shit. If anyone saw the videogaden episode taking the piss out of New Games Journalism a few weeks back it was like that but worse.

Fucking hell, I expected better from Newsnight, I really did. The ITV one, on the other hand, was surprisingly good :)

On that newsnight one....not trying to be a fanboy, but how can that woman (Josephine Hart) say the Wii is boring?

She asked her eldest son what he learns from gaming (who I assume has a playstation) and he said "because they're becoming more like movies I learn consequences for my actions"...er...sure, when you crash your car in Gran Turismo, you spend 6 months in hospital and have to pay loads for car repairs...er....I think not.

I really don't know why but it actually pissed me off. She was trying to claim that making FUN games is wrong and that the more serious ones make kids learn :s Riiiight.

Yeh Newsnight was a pile of wank, none of them had a clue. Atleast the one woman said that she finds normal controllers confusing and found the wii easier to get to grips with. The rest of them had no clue at all, and the film critic says he hates games yet loved playing it. ITV coverage was better.

Yes that's it. Gota love the way the woman says Wiii.

I lol'd at that bit.

I really wantt o go to London to visit that Game On. But my dad says to get the train down and i want to go in the car. However the train is the better option. no fighting traffic, no fighting places to park etc.

No she just said 'sonys playstation'

yeah... they made out that the whole point was to get people moving... the point is to do something different.

what is this? hear what you want on the news? they said it remains to be seen if it will sell well over here - which is true because it's not out, but also false, because on preorders alone it's sold out

At the very beginning they said 'everyone is gonna want one once they see it'/

Sign in to follow this