NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Marvel Ultimate Alliance Video Comparison

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=mov&id=15400

shows all three console versions side by side, one thing that got me was the fuzzy nature of the graphics whilst I wasn't expecting it to look anywhere near 360 and PS3 quality, I wasn't expecting quite so bad, was expecting it abit crisper.

Is anyone planning on getting this at launch? I would if it wasn't for Zelda but can't really warrant buying to action rpg's on the same day.... I love marvel though so will defintly get it at some point.

sorry if there is a marvel thread somewhere else...if so merge this with it please Mods...

I watched it and I'll probably pick up the 360 version after xmas. I have to admit the 360 was the one that both good graphics and a smooth framrate

I agree, the Wii version is quite 'fuzzy'. The 360 version looks the smoothest. The PS3 seems to be being plagued with framerate issues.

I agree, the Wii version is quite 'fuzzy'. The 360 version looks the smoothest. The PS3 seems to be being plagued with framerate issues.

its this fuzzy feel that annoys me surely its not necessary? ok im not expecting HD textures but I wasn't expecting that either, seen screenshots that were apparently Wii shots, that looked sharper than that.

im getting this game on launch it looks to be a fun game with new gameplay ideas and i dont mind the graphics im looking 4ward to it

I've watched the video, the Wii and 360 ones are indeed smoother, but the 360 one was more zoomed in in places which gave it a bit more edge and detailing, really showed the lighting.

The PS3 made the best use of dynamic lighting and effects but they could have gone a little further in my opinion to exceed the 360 version. Perhaps there's some influence by Activision there to keep them equal.

The only part of the Wii version that disapointed graphically was that outside scene flying over the city.

Both the PS3 and 360 managed a fairly crisp atmospheric night sprawl.. the Wii was dogged with what looked like flickery christmas lights covered in lard.

I must give props to Raven software for not feeling too compromised by the Wii hardware to go for a different formula.

I still would buy the 360 version over the Wii one given the choice.. the fuzziness bothers me when this is such a low resolution video clip.

Surely this is through composit cables, it won't be this fuzzy with component!!

And we are thinking of getting it, at least renting it - 4 player co-op? Yes please!

just because nintendo says graphics dont matter, it doesnt mean that they dont matter.

Its like sony saying the next generation only starts when they say it does.

Surely this is through composit cables, it won't be this fuzzy with component!!

And we are thinking of getting it, at least renting it - 4 player co-op? Yes please!

Because it is a multiplatform port game, not just that but it's the first true benchmarked comparison of what the Wii is capable of.

That's a damned good reason if you ask me.

It will silence the fanboys. These are cold hard facts.

Shockingly blurry city lights below on the Wii compared to the other 2.

I've pre ordered this game...wish I hadn't...looks slightly crap tbh.

I don't think it is crap, if the game play is as good as xmen legends 1 and 2 it will be awesome, them 2 games rocked on the xbox

just because nintendo says graphics dont matter, it doesnt mean that they dont matter.

Its like sony saying the next generation only starts when they say it does.

But everyone already knows Wii's graphics are worse, why keep comparing them. And comparing those two statements is dumb, to me, graphics don't matter at all, unless they make my eyes bleed. Of course that if think are beautifully crafted like Zelda, Okami or FFXII, that's a plus, but that's about it.

Why do people still compare Wii with 360 and PS3?

Because all three are next gen systems. People will compare their games, slaes figures, support from developers and their graphics.

And whilst we all know the graphics on the Wii aren't gonna be as great as on the 360 and PS3, there's no need for them to look like rubbish.

Graphics matter to people, like sound/music, gameplay, presentation and longevity. To simply discount any of the above is a bad thing.

I think for call of duty in the shove off thing. The bloke for the wii isn't as ugly. That said. The character models appear a lot lighter in ps3 and 360 as well as things being smoother.

yea lets all say the 360 looks better, thats gonna be the results with most multi format games....

the Wii and PS3 are new consoles and these are very early games in a console's life... the 360 has over a year to get used to the SDK so they would be able to make the game look better on 360

To be honest I don't think the Marvel Alliance video showcases the difference as the effort on the Wii version have been minimal. It's denial to say that Wii games look as good in some respects, of course it can't make it to PS3/360 level (or close to that) but the games shouldn't have to be as blurry as this one is.

Call of Duty is a decent comparison. Though the 360/PS3 version looks better, the Wii's visuals make a nice game.

Sign in to follow this