NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

Viva Pinata Communtiy Thread

This game is just very unique. It doesn't feel like Animal Crossing really... perhaps a little bit like the Sims, but with a more Pokémon-style feel with the obtaining all the different creatures - which are all sickeningly cute.

I'm finding myself playing this way more than I thought I would, and getting surprisingly involved in everything from breeding Pinatas to building new dwellings for them. Some friends of mine were here last night and I was quickly showing them Viva Pinata and we ended up playing it for like three hours, just improving the garden and such.

This is definately a return to form for Rare. One of the best games out on the 360 this year and unlike most of the console's many shooters and racers VP is really relaxing to play.

Exactly how I feel. I was trying to explain how it plays to a friend of mine and I also come up with how similar it is to Pokemon and the Sims games.

To catalyse a plant you have to use fertilizer on it just as it blooms, it needs to be done 3 times to get the award. To do it to a vegetable or flower just use the fertilizer 3 times in a row and you should get it. Its best to use the special fertilizer from the Hobo that you hopefully transformed by giving him cash as that works on every plant.

To get Master Romancer you have to keep breeding the same creature over and over til you have 7 of them at the same time. Its best to do this quickly by feeding the romance candy as soon as the egg is delivered. If you dont then the eggs will hatch and make the mazes harder for you.

Not sure. I got bored of The Sims, and Animal Crossing, although in those you can be just wandering around, or just watching pretty much nothing happen, whereas in this you're always doing something, be it changing the environament to attract different pinatas, to becoming a master romancer, or just creating a whirlm concentration camp. :D

If you can afford to take a risk with it, then go for it. If you're the kind of person who only buys a game every so often because it's all you can afford, then maybe it isn't if you're not sure of the genre.

Yeah cool. I spends £££s per month on games so for me money isn't an issue. But yeah I'm now more tempted that ever to buy it. I think I will wait a while and see if I can pick it up cheap later on, maybe.

A new item pack is on the way that includes a Santas hat for your Pinatas. Also some picture packs are heading our way soon aswell.

I just need 2 more species of Pinata and then I have caught them all, the Hippo was a nightmare to catch.

So, anyone got a wildcard pinata yet?

(It's a random chance event where a pinata is created that looks slightly different to the standard pinata type, it has a base value 10 times the norm for that pinata).

Invisibility glitch is DESTROYING my game completely. Is there anything anyone's found out yet that makes it easier to cope with until Rare brings out a patch?

Stuff, pinatas, plants, everything keeps randomly turning invisible. Some people have no problems with it at all, for some it's happening all the time. I'm part of the latter bunch of people. :(

So I've finally gotten the hang of things. However I just got a message saying you cant have any more pinatas as its full....:heh:

So Yeah a Suryupent eats a mousemallow, which came back from going off and beinh hit at a party.

I love the houses they make. The ducks one is the best up to now

All of you guys who've had no problems with invisible items or pinatas, what 360 setup do you have?

Samsung/Hitachi drive?

Mem card/hard drive save?

Core/Premium?

Launch day or later?

All of you guys who've had no problems with invisible items or pinatas, what 360 setup do you have?

Samsung/Hitachi drive?

Mem card/hard drive save?

Core/Premium?

Launch day or later?

Hard drive, premium, and I bought it in august. No idea about the other thing.

got mine premium pack on release, all my save games are on memory card tho, cant trust these things brakin!

Only glitch I have is where the Scarecrow dude keeps jumping in and out of his hat so I cant summon him to transform items unless I start a new garden.

Hmm, thanks for the info. My nephew played it for hours on his xbox when he was here this christmas with no problems. His profile is on a mem card and his 360 has the samsung drive (solid disc tray).

Then I know a guy with the hitachi one who has a core, plays on mem card (obviously) and has no problems either. Seems so random! The only thing I can think of is the condition of the hard drive. Maybe new consoles don't have as fragmented hard drives so the streaming/saving doesn't cock up.

I'm not gonna risk it and format the hard drive though, seems like waiting for a patch is the only option for me. Shame on a brill game. :(

I'm getting the same thing, my Badgesicle just disappeared but I know its still there because it became invisible by sleeping, and I can still see the Z's above its head. I'm not too bothered that its gone but the fact that its taking up space where I cant plant anything is annoying me.

Wierd glitches for me. A Squazzil got stuck in one of my hedges. It just was running and running, but it was half and half either side of it.

Sold thehedges though, they werent doing anything.

Also when I was decoratng my new Doenut with some clothes, i was deciding on which shoes to use, and whenI changed them to view them, the scarf already on him in the preview window would spazz out.

Well, you can just pack in a pinata and send it to yourself if it's all twitchy or stuck, but invisible things like fences, houses, trees.. You either have to sell or break them.

I'm just putting off the whole playing Viva Pinata thing until a patch comes out that fixes these problems. Makes me so sad wading through them, because I think the game is fantastic.

cained viva pinata last night, gonna go for a wildcard roario tonight, make a whole garden dedicated, with a nice dragonache aswell :)

Got a Bee today, I probably need to remember the names of the types of Pinatas...

He just needs to eat one more fruit to become fertile. And then I'll need another bee to mate him with...lol.

So about this more than one garden. Would it start off as a biggish one, like the size of the garden you firstly made.

Also you can use the money from the other garden and use the watering cas etc?

Can any pinatas go over?

BUZZLEGUM! Best name. Ever.

haha yeah I thought it was a cool name. I love thinking of random names for the animals. But I only start the name with the letter the animal's 'type' is.

Like a squazzil i just got, inspired by a member here (i think) and on my friends list, Samdecahedron. Thats such a cool name.

I just started playing this game today! So far so good and from some of the comments I've read it sounds like it gonna get better! I can't wait...

Bought this with Dead Rising...nice balance I thought!

Sign in to follow this