N-Europe

Late Pre-order

Razz

I was just wondering if anyone at all here would no-where i could preorder a wii and be guaranteed before xmas. Because i really want to get one for my little brother for xmas. Im uk btw.

any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks

You're 15 and your getting your brother a wii for christmas. Bloddy hell.

I never spend on myself.....much ¬.¬ and plus it's basically for me lol he's 7

EDIT:

Amazon uk start taking preorders on tuesday at 9AM, have to quick though.

Edit : Beat me there

Thats a problem for me as I go to boarding school. If i were to preorder from say PC world would that be a good idea? it says not available on the bundles, but for the console itself it says you can order it.

400,000 is not hype.

Honestly, I bet they will ship more if there is demand. They have more or less hinted that is what they will do to financial analyst. Anyway, arnt you the guy who keeps saying he will buy one day one walking into a store. Personally, my hype bubble exploded today and I just cancelled three online preorders which I had guaranteed too.

You live in Horsham? Want my Wii gamestation preorder for £20 (what I paid for it) its gamestation in Staines you should get it.

Im not question your reliabilty or anything, id just prefer to order closer to home if you understand. sorry

Shipments take time, the next shipment is planned for New Year's day.

300,000 = XBOX 360, that was a mess

400,000 = Wii.. when you consider Nintendo is spending so much on marketing it's hard not to think that they will sell out.

US is clocking up closer and closer to 400,000 units sold on day one.

I'm taking a big risk, but I'm confident I am resourceful and persistant enough to get one on launch day without a pre-order. That doesn't mean just anyone will be able to walk in and pick one up.

Nah the US has sold 400,000 (according to that estimated ticket clock thing) they have 1,000,000 for launch day Reggie said. My theory is a lot of people who have jobs and school haven't picked them up yet.

Some stores are holding units for 48 hours before they become fair game.

Europe is only getting 400,000 for launch day, and a restock on New Year depending on demand (Again I assume it will be a few hundred thousand)

Don't forget it takes time for the sales figures to filter onto the net. The PS3 sales figures are still being added up on nexgen, despite its "sell-out" launches in the US and Japan.

On topic, if Amazon isn't your kind of shop, you can try general electrical places like Currys. My friend - who had planned on getting a US Wii before VGP+ shafted him - was able to secure a preorder there last week, and that Currys store only had a few names on their list.

Europe is only getting 400,000 for launch day, and a restock on New Year depending on demand

You sure it's only new year? I say that because a friend of mine who preordered thru GAME store was given email that he won't be getting one on the 8th, but the company is closely working with Nintendo to ensure that he gets one before christmas (in the UK).

Obviously that doesn't mean it will happen, but it seems to imply that restocking is likely to happen before the new year for some companies.