NEurope
Adrian DX

PSO 1&2 and 3, Online or not?

I've been wondering this for a while and perhaps some of you guys have seen a article on this issue?

I'm wondering if you can play Phantasy Star Online 1&2 (and 3) for the Gamecube online on Wii. It should work imo. same thing with LAN modes for Mario Kart, Kirby Airride and 1080 Avalanche...

So anyone got any confirmation if this is possible or not? : peace:

yeah same goes, if it works im getting phantasy star online straight away. im guessing it won't though as the Wii connects to Connect24 and not other networks, so wouldn't be able to connect to other servers, but then again you can connect to the net, so why not actually? hmmmm

I'd buy the bundle (PSO 1&2+3) if they did it.

Can't see it happening though, and since they are at it... they should just give us Phantasy Star Universe (PSU) that came out on PS2 and Xbox 360.

Perhaps a bundle PSU+PSO 1&2+3, great value although it would perhaps be asking for too much.

Very misleading thread title, I was expecting a confirmation news article.

Sega may very well want to do Wiimakes of the three games.

I agree with Telly, perhaps the thread title should be changed? It looks more like the thread is about a rumour or something about PSO being released for Wii.

I'd actually prefer to see Phantasy Star Universe on Wii. :) I was a hardcore PSOer back then (started on the original Dreamcast version), but I got to play PSU and it's a really good game (even if it has some niggles). The weapons are more varied and the combat is more intense.

I would love PSU on the Wii,the controls would work really well with it I think.Also I don't see why Ep 1 ,2 and 3 won't work on the Wii.I still play them.

Very misleading thread title, I was expecting a confirmation news article.

Sega may very well want to do Wiimakes of the three games.

Yeah I know, just can't think of anything that won't make it sound like a rumour or whatever.

But it DOES have a question mark, ergo: the thread is a question.:D:laughing:

Edit: There, changed it (hopefully for the better :heh:)

I would love PSU on the Wii,the controls would work really well with it I think.Also I don't see why Ep 1 ,2 and 3 won't work on the Wii.I still play them.
Thing is... they're quite rare, I'm not really interested in control scheme or graphics overhaul, just a re-edition for the masses.

If they release PSU and take the chance to bundle (and sell) PSO 1 to 3 into a "PSO chronicles" compilation DVD (considering they have more storage with DVD's) that... would be ace.

It would also mean the revitalization of the server and gamers for those games... but... Sega probably isn't interested in that since they want to sell PSU.

I was actually thinking about this on my way home today and came to the conclusion that no they would not work for one simple reason: PSO is the only known security hole in the cube. With it you can play pirated games so I assume they don't want that available at launch to be used on wii games :p

I remember reading that online games for GC were not able to use the online capabilities of the Wii:cry:

BTW the title is very mis-leading

mario kart dd has online (i ought to try this if i ever get the adapter)

Nope, just 16-player LAN multiplayer, meaning you needed 4 Cubes, 4 copies of Mario Kart, crossover cables, some network box thing, 4 Broadband Adapters, 4 TVs, and 16 controllers.

Cheap.

one thing thats worth considering is whether the servers are still even on/gonna be on, i remember pretty soon after sega went software only they shut down the dreamcast servers.

No chance they're online. There's no way Nintendo would've bothered in porting over the network to the WiFi, seeing how much they bothered with VC rumble.

one thing thats worth considering is whether the servers are still even on/gonna be on, i remember pretty soon after sega went software only they shut down the dreamcast servers.

There's still DC servers,and there's a free server on the GC...

Nope, just 16-player LAN multiplayer, meaning you needed 4 Cubes, 4 copies of Mario Kart, crossover cables, some network box thing, 4 Broadband Adapters, 4 TVs, and 16 controllers.

Cheap.

Actually, it can be played online... through tunneling.

-> http://www.warppipe.com/

You only need a gamecube, one copie of Mario kart and a broadband adapter. (oh, and a computer with internet connection).

Hell... this is easy, some crazy dudes managed to put Super Smash Bros Melee... Online. (that's right)

Tutorial:

-> http://www.geocities.com/the_psychotic_worm/ssbmonlinetutorial.htm

Videos:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-BThuPwqe0&mode=related&search=smash%20bros%20online%20battle

[there's more videos on the tutorial page]

No chance they're online. There's no way Nintendo would've bothered in porting over the network to the WiFi, seeing how much they bothered with VC rumble.
Well... About VC rumble... Nintendo has a working N64 emulator on GC (the one that ran Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask in the collectors discs) and it features rumble, pretty easy really, probably the emulator on wii is a newer build of that emulator.

Anyway... Wii not supporting rumble on N64 games is a option made by Nintendo (and it could change) we still don't know if the wiimote clips into the classic controller, but perhaps it doen't, and it would be kinda strange having a wiimote vibrating when we're not using it. That or conserving battery life.

It's still something they could add through a firmware/operating system upgrade at anytime.

It would be great if GC networks worked with wii, Nintendo didn't had to do much actually, just putting the wireless LAN chip using the ports the game expects it to., considering the architecture of the system is similar they could even use the same hardware path where the broadband adapter/56k modem was; giving the console the idea of having the hardware in question (broadband adapter/56k modem) at cost zero.

Could Wi-Fi connection connect that many players? My DS has a problem even finding 4 players, so i hate to think what Phantasy Star would be like on the Wi-Fi connection.

Could Wi-Fi connection connect that many players? My DS has a problem even finding 4 players, so i hate to think what Phantasy Star would be like on the Wi-Fi connection.

Is that in relation to the Mario Kart-style search system?

Yeah, and Metroid. It only ever seems to find 3 people maximum. I wish there was an option 'wait until 4 players are gathered'.

Yeah, and Metroid. It only ever seems to find 3 people maximum. I wish there was an option 'wait until 4 players are gathered'.

hmmm..thats not true, mario kart can be abit tempremental sometimes but you can definitly get four players up, I've played loads of 4 player games, including some awesome ones the night before last!

I had 4 player Metroid matches last night.They wouldn't need to use WFC for it since they have it working on the GC and don't need to waste money changing it.