N-Europe

The Reviews Thread

flameboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy games for continual support of multi platform games, everyone else does that, I buy games for EXCLUSIVE third party game support, the best current example is Red Steel. Despite the poor review scores, i'm still buying the game as its a Wii exclusive and i'm getting it in an attempt to incent the developers to create more "exclusive games" not multi platform games as for me its a waste of money, no value, no reason to buy something that isn't unique.

Pokemon-2000-UK-Quad-Movie-Poster-B10096965.jpeg

Most annoying thing is one of the biggest crits in the review is "visuals not up to Wii level." It's infuriating how many reviewers just don't get it, at all.

Undoubtedly there'll be more reviews like this as time passes too, all focused on the complaint that it's not up to "Wii visuals"...which is really silly, because it's still arguably one of the best looking launch games, if not the best.

I didn't even click the link to read what they've said, as again, like with GameSpot, stuff like this does indeed generate those hits that they want.

I just can't understand how any publication can review this title in the low 80's when everywhere else is pretty much giving out 10's or around the mid 9's.

For reference, the same site gave Super Monkey Ball BB an 8.0. So Monkey Ball is just as good as TP if you trust them. And wow, Okami a 9.7. I know that's a well good game, but you can tell straight away by that that TP was given that score to get hits.

(too many "thats", it's late so screw it)

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :( :( :( :( :( :(

You realise what this review has done and how difficult its going to be to get up to the original ratio it was prior to this review score? ... If this game remains below Resident Evil 4, I will be shattered... I may just never ever play or have any remote interest in another game ever again...

This games very likely to fail now (as in it will not make the top 5 on gamerankings.com, its now in danger of not even in being in the top 10 and being in extra failure territory with Gears Of War in the top 20)...

In the current position its in, if it doesn't move, it'll be satisfactory I suppose as its achieved my BARE MINIMUM personal minimum benchmark of expecting it to surpass Resident Evil 4 with average review score.

Remove the link to that review. As you're just helping their cause for hits. Blah blah blah.

That site for Metroid Prime gave 9.7/10 and 9.8/10 for Resident Evil 4...

8.1/10. Just have my fingers crossed for some biased people to give the game 9.8/10 bare minimum now...

In the current position its in, if it doesn't move, it'll be satisfactory I suppose as its achieved my BARE MINIMUM personal minimum benchmark of expecting it to surpass Resident Evil 4 with average review score.

You haven't even played RE4 as you stated in another thread....so you don't realise how hard it'd be for any Gamecube game to surpass Resident Evil 4 in scores. Resident Evil 4 was for the Resident Evil series as Ocarina of Time was for Zelda basically, a revolutionary change that done everything right and offered a brand new gameplay experience, the kind of thing that demands perfect scores. Zelda seems to be a perfected evolution of the concept, but it's the same concept, not something new. With that in mind it's amazing enough it's even where it is on the rankings, in a list of games that for the most part were groundbreaking releases that changed their genre in some way.

EDIT: Oh and just a random point, RE4 has 3 reviews with a score of 8 and another at 8.8.

Brilliant game RE4 was, the only minor gripe is that it ends too soon... Fully deserving of its spot in all time rankings and technically could quite possibly the best game ever made. Pretty darn incredible to have an average of 95.9 after 109 reviews, most games have only one third of RE4s amount of reviews, would they be able to maintain their averages as well as RE4 has, we'll never know...

That site for Metroid Prime gave 9.7/10 and 9.8/10 for Resident Evil 4...

8.1/10. Just have my fingers crossed for some biased people to give the game 9.8/10 bare minimum now...

Solitanze, don't worry about the damn scores a number of them are premeditated anyway to conjour up deliberate reactions so its hard to justify the validity of review scores now... Just enjoy the game. Being so concerned about scores will only set you up for disappointment having this fixed idea the game HAS to be perfect and with your extreme analysis of flaws, you'll have a fixed mind set to find problems with the game and thus be denied of having complete satisfaction, then you'll play the blame game and accuse Nintendo of failing to deliver when in fact you have brought upon your own letdown...

You realise what this review has done and how difficult its going to be to get up to the original ratio it was prior to this review score? ... If this game remains below Resident Evil 4, I will be shattered... I may just never ever play or have any remote interest in another game ever again...

Does that mean that maybe in the future we don't have to put up with your lame bitching and moaning about insignifigant scores?

Oh god yes.:yay:

At one stage they say Dog controls... :wtf:

guessing they mean the wolf? I havn't read it, but surely 8.1 score is just for the hits....ah well whilst it's annoying to have seen Zelda nose dive from 2nd to where it is now, surely it can still drag itself up? don't we have ngamer and n.revolution and games tm to go? or do magazine scores not count towards it?

guessing they mean the wolf? I havn't read it, but surely 8.1 score is just for the hits....ah well whilst it's annoying to have seen Zelda nose dive from 2nd to where it is now, surely it can still drag itself up? don't we have ngamer and n.revolution and games tm to go? or do magazine scores not count towards it?

Some magazines do, some don't, supposedly they have to be editorial reviews, i'm not so certain on the EXACT criteria for a sites review being listed, i'm sure its on the website somewhere...

At one stage they say Dog controls... :wtf:

This review is a joke, and it's another case of people trying to make a name for themselves. It's very sad when people do this, first Gamespot and now this bunch of no hopers. It's silly to tarnish atitle just to get hits for your site. I hope this jackass gets run over on his way home.