NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
rokhed00

First UK Wii ad

I've reported this on the mainsite, for you guys to comment on, as well as this thread.

A youtube of this would be sweet, but i don't think one will be up this quick. Maybe in a few hours?

I just saw it. It is very much in the vein of the Japanese adverts, which isn't too bad. It could've done with showing some actual games I think, but it works ok as it is.

I just saw it. It is very much in the vein of the Japanese adverts, which isn't too bad. It could've done with showing some actual games I think, but it works ok as it is.

There will definitely be other adverts. But, i think this is just to get people talking. Sorta like a "welcome to Wii."

I can't wait until the game adverts start!

i saw it whilst waiting for first look hollyoaks on E4 nowt special but its quite a good advertising stratagy. nintendo just getting the brand name into non-gamers heads casuing them to wonder what "Wii" is.

i just saw it earlier on the telly, and its crap, JUST A HAND AND THE REMOTE

:red:

Progressive advertising is very popular.. for 2 weeks Channel 4 was just advertising a date.. then two weeks before Film Four they started rolling more and more adverts.

It kinda gets people in a thinking mood, where as most consumers (mentally) switch off in adverts.

Im just thinking, if Sony or Microsoft did the exact same tv spot, some people here would of went down on it like a ton of bricks.

Wow, amazing, Nintendo of Europe are actually advertising a month in advance AND the ad is quite 'mature' and doesn't make it a kids toy for once! Now keep it up.

Forget which channel it was, but seen a wii add twice in around the space of half an hour :)

Lance

The new ad is really good! :D

I'm glad ninty are taking the mature road with the wii itself,

although i would like to see the hardcore games like mario, metroid

and zelda get 'normal' ads ;)

Just seen the Wii advert on MTV!!

It came on at 00:10...

I liked it, simple and effective

damn it, i watched cahnnel 4 from 10 to 11 last night and it didnt come on. Oh well ill catch it one day.

Tis hardly worth getting excited for. Perhaps we should play a game of I've seen Wii ads more than you.

oh my oh my oh my. im tryin to hold it in but i swear im gona piss my self soon with all this susspence. i mean first the zelda feeds now the advert. i havent been this excited in a very long time i dont just stay in all day geeking it up on the computer and it still turns me on. it came as a total suprise for me and the others in the room

they didnt share the same enthusiasim and i think sojme one shat their pants when i burst out in uncontrollable glee

WII SHALL BE

I've seen more wii ads lately, there was one on the South Park website and the wii is also a tab on Windows Messenger. Keep it up ninty.

Anyone know where I can see this tv ad?

I've also yet to see this Wii advert. Is it gonna be on Channel 4, if not ive wasted a couple hours of mylife in the past couple days.

OMFG I MUST SEE TEH WII ADVERT!

It sounds exactly like the Japanese one. But with english tbh. If i see then, hmm, coo. If not then oh well..

Any chance of anyone putting that on You Tube? It doesn't sound like it's anything too special, but anything Wii is good at this point in time. :p

so its just the regular japanese add except it's in english...it dosn't sound too good but...I MUST SEE THE ADD!!! HAXXZOR!

I saw it last night, Channel 5 in a break during CSI: New York!

I was like wtf. It was wierd. Good to see its on C5 though. Ive been checking c4 for ages, as the DS seems to advertise programs there a lot, but i havnt seen it. I was playing animal crossing at the time.

It's on YouTube already, actually, from when somebody saw it on Challenge TV.

Watch it here.

Thanks for the link as I had yet to see it.

EDIT: It reminds me of the Gabbo advert from the Simpsons, very simple and not giving much away but just enough to get people talking.

Sign in to follow this