NEurope
arab_freak

Official Spider-Man 3 Thread [big spoilers within]

Can someone explain to me spiderman being consumed or covered in that black stuff and then having a black suit? Or is that meant to symbolise his anger or something?

Can someone explain to me spiderman being consumed or covered in that black stuff and then having a black suit? Or is that meant to symbolise his anger or something?

It's based on the alien symbiote from the comic books, a black costume that bonds with him, making him stronger, augmenting his abilities but also affecting his personality, making him an angry person. After he sheds the symbiote it bonds with Brock, taking his Spider-man abilities with it (this changed somewhat in the Ultimate Spider-Man series) and creating Venom. Since the suit has a consciousness, Venom referred to himself as "We".

It might be slightly different in this rendition, since the costume looked very different in the comics (all flat black with a white Black Widow symbol and white eyes) and because it might be a bit of a stretch to make the costume alien in origin for a movie - but who knows.

I don't know about you, but I think Venom looks good.

venomdz0.jpg

This must be the final scene or something, because as soon as Peter lets go of the Symbiote, it drops from the Church Bell onto Brock, transforming him into Venom. I'm guessing they're saving him for the next movie. =\

Man I just watched the trailer. I wasn't going to watch the trailer, I didn't want to see Venom, but I gave in and watched it.

I seriously have no self control at all.

Just watched the trailer, there's quite a few interesting questions.

1. Sandman: he killed Uncle Ben? How? When? I know we never saw him get shot, but that guy that Peter let go must've had something to do with it seeing as witnesses say he shot him.

2. Harry Osbourne: Is he the Green Goblin II?

3. Another one that I'll put later when I remember it.

1. Sandman: he killed Uncle Ben? How? When? I know we never saw him get shot, but that guy that Peter let go must've had something to do with it seeing as witnesses say he shot him.

I really can't see how they're gonna pull this off. For starters, the two actors look totally different - not to mention the fact that guy plummeted to his most obvious death. Maybe they meant someone else's uncle::shrug:

"This is the guy who killed your uncle."

"YOU KILLED MY UNCLE!"

(Insert Aunt May saying something about revenge not being good)

Fuck the Sony boycott (refering to lik-sang news)! I'm gonna go and watch this at cinema. :D

I really can't see how they're gonna pull this off. For starters, the two actors look totally different - not to mention the fact that guy plummeted to his most obvious death. Maybe they meant someone else's uncle::shrug:

Perhaps Sandman hired random thug #3 to rob that place, and random thug #3 is filming something else, so they are saying that he's dead and thus Petey is after Sandman because hey, someone needs to be held responsible.

This is the bit thats got me confused. The Symbiote bonds with Peter in the comics, looks like it bonds to one of his costumes in the film :hmm:

I was looking forward to seeing Spiderman 'mutate' into the black costume every time he used it too :(

symbisuit.jpg

Just watched the trailer, there's quite a few interesting questions.

2. Harry Osbourne: Is he the Green Goblin II?

3. Another one that I'll put later when I remember it.

1. Looks like they are.

2. Yup, he is.

This is the bit thats got me confused. The Symbiote bonds with Peter in the comics, looks like it bonds to one of his costumes in the film :hmm:

I was looking forward to seeing Spiderman 'mutate' into the black costume every time he used it too :(

The effect of The Symbiote in the movie seem to effect both Peter and the suit. It makes the suit turn black, and turns Peter into Emo Peter.

The only problem i had with the trailer is that they are making Sandman uncle Bens "killer", so that means Peter inadvertidly caused the the death of the wrong guys in the 1st film, and screws up the WHOLE plotline of "Peter could have saved his uncle is he stopped the guy whole stole the wrestling organizers moneys", but now even he he did stop him uncle Ben would still have died and Peter wouldn't have that weight of guilt on his shoulders that lead him to realise to use his powers for good, "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility".

This lovely clip we have of Venom, he's too skinny, either that or his head looks massive. We want Venom like my avatar.

I'm thinking that's not the full venom as such- it looks mid transformation or something. it looks like he's covered in the goo, but his limbs don't look like they're...set, as it were.

That Venom "costume" is about the same quality as the original Star Trek series. (OK, so the mouth is an improvement, but thats all).