NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

Wii or Zune?

Apple treat iPod customers like gods, because they know.. once you have one iPod they will buy them for life (providing their financial situation warrants)

If it breaks they will bend over backwards to fix it for you if it's in warranty.. and even if it isn't they'll still fix it up for about £30 (most reasonable)

However since the iPod has become such a success they treat Mac consumers like shit.. we're second class citizens now.

I got quoted £670 including tax labour and shipping to repair my laptop.. because the logic board broke (a widely regarded design flaw) and my serial number was a mere 2 weeks out of the range of free repairs.

Funkers.

Anyway I've got a lot of experience with Apple.. if you buy an iPod just get the £30 insurance on it.. it lasts you three years (which is about as long as one will last at best) and if it breaks they'll simply replace it with the current model or repair it free. Turnaround is quick.

I know if I get a MacBook for university next year I'll probably get the £200 insurance because I know they'll break after 2 years.

I would say get the zune personally, but thats me just wanting apple to fail, all their computer divison should of realised that windows was the way to go, plus the couple I have had have crashed because they put fucking dodgy bios chips in aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

//rage neutralised

Assuming you are working buy the wii for ourselves and let them buy u a zune

I guess I'll probably be getting a Wii then. Since I don't leave my house a whole bunch;) and I have an older iPod which still works perfectly. Alright thanks guys!

edit* Unless i can't find a place to pre-order it. do you guys have any suggestions where I can order it?

Well the the Zune is supposed to be coming out here Q4 2007 or 2008. So unless your waiting a while best get a Wii.

Or Alaska.

;)

just a quick question can Zunes play video in the iPod format? it says it plays mp4 but I'm not really sure on the iPod format. Or I guess maybe a simpler question will it play videos downloaded from Video.Google.com downloaded in the "ipod format" Thanks!

I say tell your parents to buy you the most expensive one and you buy the cheaper one for yourself.

I wouldn't do this myself, I would feel really bad using them like that but its usually the best way to go for most people :heh:

they be the same price;)

Well with a few games with the Wii I'm sure that will be a little bit more expensive no? Unless you've already added games to the overall price :heh:

They won't buy any games or accessories just the console :( so it'll be me and Wii sports for a while lol

;)

just a quick question can Zunes play video in the iPod format? it says it plays mp4 but I'm not really sure on the iPod format. Or I guess maybe a simpler question will it play videos downloaded from Video.Google.com downloaded in the "ipod format" Thanks!

Pretty sure they can, the non-itunes store iPod videos are just standard MP4s. Bit like all thos videos that are labeled as being 'for the PSP'

Zune wont, however, play music or video bought via the iTunes store. That only works with iPods (without a little tweaking).

A nice bonus of the Zune though is Microsoft giving you any stuff you bought over iTunes for free!

A nice bonus of the Zune though is Microsoft giving you any stuff you bought over iTunes for free!

REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yup. Was on PC Advisor + BBC Tech page a few months back. Apparantly its a 'sweetener' to try and get the ipod kids to get a Zune. I would have thought it'd be cheaper for them to just buy this company :rolleyes:

I recommend getting this over a zune. Sexyness as a zune is basically one of these in a different body, with added wifi (I think)

And this

here backs up my claims.

I'de go for a Wii. Mainly because an MP3 player can be bought for no price latly and I never really saw the use in buying expensive ones. If you are buying one, i'de advise you to get an iPod. iPods are the reason Microsoft is releasing Zune - and using competive reasons to make product never beneifted Microsoft. Look at Windows XP (opposed to Mac OS 1O.1) and Windows Vista (as seen in Mac OS 10.4 Tiger, and as stolen from). Apple has more expreience and certainly has an easier way of use. Go for iPod or Wii - that's the question.

I'd go for the wii as the first gen zune is shit, the only thing it has over the iPod is wireless, and even that is integrated in a shit way.

Sign in to follow this