Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UCAS Application

seamus_aran

Hoping to be applying to Cardiff (yep, a Welsh one) or Birmingham for Civil or Intergrated Engineering, but I'm not sure if my maths A-level result will be up there, which sucks because that is the cornerstone of the course.

Anyway, When is the deadline for UCAS? If anyone can help me.

(I still haven't even started filing yet, apart from a bit of the personal statement, so I'm a bit shakey about this)

tomorrows my 9-5 day and i do biology with japanese so its usually about 22-25 hours a week of 'contact time' then another 20 of working by myself.

Biochemistry with Japanese would be damn cool.

I did see a genetics and Japanese course at Manchester, but the genetics bit looked a bit crappy.

7 hours per week ftw! :D

Grrr, you anger me. I have 6 hours on a monday!

My Location: University of Brighton. Bluddy excellent. The support you get is great, plus there's always something to do. I could spend a whole week just shopping.

My Course: Upper Primary/Lower Secondary English with Education. Basically, this enables me to either teach in a primary or secondary school. Choice!

How i'd rate it: If you like going out, you can't really go wrong here. I've found that the support i've got has been great, so far. There's a real spirit here.

So yeah, come to Brighton. ;)

Grrr, you anger me. I have 6 hours on a monday!

My Location: University of Brighton. Bluddy excellent. The support you get is great, plus there's always something to do. I could spend a whole week just shopping.

My Course: Upper Primary/Lower Secondary English with Education. Basically, this enables me to either teach in a primary or secondary school. Choice!

How i'd rate it: If you like going out, you can't really go wrong here. I've found that the support i've got has been great, so far. There's a real spirit here.

So yeah, come to Brighton. ;)

As my mum would say 'why be a teacher, the pay is crap, the amount of hours you put in are long(outside actual teaching time preparing stuff) especially at primary school.

P.S. My mums a primary school teacher

As my mum would say 'why be a teacher, the pay is crap, the amount of hours you put in are long(outside actual teaching time preparing stuff) especially at primary school.

P.S. My mums a primary school teacher

Sorry for the lateness for this post, i didn't see the reply to now.

Hmm, i think your Mother is in the wrong profession. It's a lot of work, and that's why teaching isn't for everyone.

I never did anything for my UCAS. I'm just going to music college for 2 years and then will work out whether to carry on ICT at University (I do Applied ICT - Double at 6th form right now) or to go further with my music. All my friends are all excited about going to University and I'm just going to start college again. Woo, I feel mature!

I'm at Paisley Uni doing Law & Politics but I am thinking about transferring to Glasgow Uni to do a Masters degree in Politics or even just moving closer to home and do Law & Politics in either Strathclyde or Glasgow uni. I can't make up my mind so I'll apply for both :P

When i leave education altogether I would either love to become a politician and if not that either work in the central government or become a secondary school teacher (and later become headmaster. I would be a kickass teacher) lol :D