NEurope
Cookyman

Wii games price drop has started!

Which games will endup in the bargain bin first? (Metroid Prime, Pikmin)

Which games will hold their value (e.g. SSBM) ?

I expect red steel to be binned first. I'll be picking it up in march fo £17,99.

I've seen it, I didnt say 'Oh no there not going for that price', i said those are estimates. I've seen websites price things low and those are pre-orders, you'l be stored in the database and once full product details come in they'l notify you and you can decide whether you want to continue with the transaction.

No way will all those titles be priced at £33, there will be a difference, how can Super Monkey ball banana blitz, a game with a considerable ammount less spent on development than twilight princess cost the same brand new at launch day? Sega usually sells games at £30, so maybe you should rething your saying that 'You order them at that price and thats what you'll get them for', because im pretty sure Banana blitz wont cost more than £30.

No you dont get it. The price you order at is the MAXIMUM price you pay. Shops cannot raise the price without consulting you as they have entered into a contract. They can lower it though without asking your permission as that would not put you at a disadvantage - which is the case here. (the third option is that they cancel the order which wouldnt happen unless there was a massive misprice).

Ordering at a maximum price is totally different to ordering at an estimated price

I've already stated about that, I incredibly doubt those will be the maximum prices for those games. Sure i'd like to be proved wrong, as it'l be cheap games for me.

Things always sell for cheaper online than retail price, so im expecting £35-38 maximum price for LoZ, whilst im still betting Super monkey balls online price to be in the area of £28-30.

Considering its just Play.com pricing this way, dont you think its worth holding out a little longer before other companies price like this if they ever do? Because im pretty confident these are just estimates.

No way will all those titles be priced at £33, there will be a difference, how can Super Monkey ball banana blitz, a game with a considerable ammount less spent on development than twilight princess cost the same brand new at launch day?

Because the theory goes that the longer you spend developing a game, the better it will be (and the more famous it becomes). The better and more famous it is, the more it will sell. So...

LoZ:TP - £33 * LotsOfCopies = large development cost.

SMB:BB - £33 * NotSoManyCopies = small development cost.

And I'm not going to go into brand recognition...

I expect red steel to be binned first. I'll be picking it up in march fo £17,99.

So true, I think sales factors in as well. Monster sellers will be worth less, where as cult classics- RE4, Killer7 are known to cost more a year after their release.

Red Steel, Elebits and Excite Truck will be the launch trash in January.

So true, I think sales factors in as well. Monster sellers will be worth less, where as cult classics- RE4, Killer7 are known to cost more a year after their release.

Red Steel, Elebits and Excite Truck will be the launch trash in January.

yeah good call, with those three, expect all the minigame, party trash to be in there to! like spongbob.

I give those prices a 3/10, they should be 10£ because it's a GC with a waggle.

I give your trolling attempt 2/10.

I give your trolling attempt 2/10.

Has Simon Cowell started frequenting these boards!!!

OMFG OMGZORZZ.

Sounds good, this is what i was hoping for. Ill have to ask at GS soon, (where im getting my Wii from) but i presume they'll be full £40

Because the theory goes that the longer you spend developing a game, the better it will be (and the more famous it becomes). The better and more famous it is, the more it will sell. So...

LoZ:TP - £33 * LotsOfCopies = large development cost.

SMB:BB - £33 * NotSoManyCopies = small development cost.

And I'm not going to go into brand recognition...

EDIT: Nevermind, I totally mid-understood your post.

What?

No offence, but YOU PIKEY!

Lol.

I'm glad somebody else said it because I wasn't going to! £32.99 for a next gen titles (lets not get into the debate about whether they are truly next next gen or not owing to graphics the fact remains they are.) is still a bargain!

I'm glad somebody else said it because I wasn't going to! £32.99 for a next gen titles (lets not get into the debate about whether they are truly next next gen or not owing to graphics the fact remains they are.) is still a bargain!

£3 too much. Fail.

I say we'll see the Monsters one from Ubisoft and that Rampage total desruction priced at £5 each in the bargain bin. Then the likes of GT pro then monkey ball might get cheaper, then Far Cry.

£32.99 is still too much for me.

Ok well how about this Rampage: Total Destruction £16.99 on play.com .................................... erm, well, ahem perhaps not eh, it might be cheap, but I reckon you'd have to pay me to take this game home after all you cant polish a turd! :laughing:

Ok well how about this Rampage: Total Destruction £16.99 on play.com .................................... erm, well, ahem perhaps not eh, it might be cheap, but I reckon you'd have to pay me to take this game home after all you cant polish a turd! :laughing:

:( Your profile lied to me..no way can you be 36..its just un-natural.

:( Your profile lied to me..no way can you be 36..its just un-natural.

He's not the only one that age, on here...

Cheers man, nice to see another elder statesman of gaming on here! :laughing:

Perhaps I wasnt very clear on what I said. I said its un-natural due to him being very immature.

What are all those old people doing here? Can't you lot leave this forum for young people like me? :laughing:

Perhaps I wasnt very clear on what I said. I said its un-natural due to him being very immature.

oh I'm sorry if having a sense of humour is immature.

Jeez I better leave this forum then............................... hang on sod that I'm getting lectured by a 17 year old about maturity!

Wow I'm impressed you can judge me as being immature by a few comments I make on here - you must be a fantastic judge of character! - well I won't lower myself to judge you Mr Poopy Pants! :grin:

What are all those old people doing here? Can't you lot leave this forum for young people like me? :laughing:

Why dont you leave for old gits like me! :bouncy:

oh I'm sorry if having a sense of humour is immature.

Jeez I better leave this forum then............................... hang on sod that I'm getting lectured by a 17 year old about maturity!

Wow I'm impressed you can judge me as being immature by a few comments I make on here - you must be a fantastic judge of character! - well I won't lower myself to judge you Mr Poopy Pants! :grin:

1. Sense of humour? Every one has one, but yours is unconstructive and laughing at somebodies idea of an expensive game, saying to go polish a turd, yeah, thats real funny..:hmm:

2. Why would you leave the forum about an opinion? Thats pathetic.

3. Theres a problem with a 17 year old lecturing you on maturity? Compare my posts to yours. Mine are constructive, I reason. You however, do not back your self up and state what you have to say as fact.

4. When I see a consecutive amount of posts being immature, people tend to get an 'impression' on others. Ever heard of that?

5. You wouldnt be lowering your self by judging me, I wouldnt give a shit. Oooh some guy on the internets thinks im a fool, big whoop. The only instances I want people to judge me is in employment, school life and socially. This forum falls into neither, well social kinda but appearance isnt on here.

6. Poopy pants? My god I hope that was a joke... Not even my 7 year old brother says that.

1. Sense of humour? Every one has one, but yours is unconstructive and laughing at somebodies idea of an expensive game, saying to go polish a turd, yeah, thats real funny..:hmm:

2. Why would you leave the forum about an opinion? Thats pathetic.

3. Theres a problem with a 17 year old lecturing you on maturity? Compare my posts to yours. Mine are constructive, I reason. You however, do not back your self up and state what you have to say as fact.

4. When I see a consecutive amount of posts being immature, people tend to get an 'impression' on others. Ever heard of that?

5. You wouldnt be lowering your self by judging me, I wouldnt give a shit. Oooh some guy on the internets thinks im a fool, big whoop. The only instances I want people to judge me is in employment, school life and socially. This forum falls into neither, well social kinda but appearance isnt on here.

6. Poopy pants? My god I hope that was a joke... Not even my 7 year old brother says that.

This is bizarre I cant believe a 17 year old is having a dig at me on here but if you want me to cover these points and go waaaaaaaaaay off topic thats fine.

1. I was pointing out there are games cheaper than £32.99 in a humourous way hell I started this thread and pointed out games were dropping in price - but dont thank me for the heads up.

2. It's called sarcasm why would I leave because of you?

3. I started this thread and included a link hence what I said was fact - I proved it.

4. Well from your tone on here I could make a few judgements about you but I won't - hey I bet your a really swell guy once people get to know you! (thats sarcasm!).

5. and yet you judge me immature - fair enough mate thats your opinion.

6. Of course it was a joke - get this man a sense of humour bypass quick!

:p

4. Well from your tone on here I could make a few judgements about you but I won't - hey I bet your a really swell guy once people get to know you! (thats sarcasm!).

Fine by me, but im pretty sure that shouldnt be sarcasm :p i've been told im a 'sorted bloke' by 2 peeps, and i've had a few talk to me outside forums.

So meh, back on topic lets forget this, ok?