NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

whats Wii Ware? software but smartly they put Wii at the beginning. They took a leaf from our book from calling the wii remote the wiimote?

Seriously, maybe you can download software for the Wii? Updates for games?

Seriously, maybe you can download software for the Wii? Updates for games?

Here is direct quote from this month's PC Magazine, where mag's Editor-in-Chief Jim Louderback interviewed George Harrison.

Q: What else can we expect from the Wii online over the next few months?

New content, promotional downloads, micro transactions, new games, new levels for your existing games. There's no subscription fee for online, you'll be able to purchase virtual console games, based on points, and $5 for NES, $8 for Super Nintendo, and $10 for N64 games.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2060981,00.asp

WTF, F-Zero 1 Player?

I thought it was at least 2 Player on the SNES?

Naaaaaaah... :)

Ah, so many hours spent playing this game "against" friends, which basically meant playing the game and seeing who had the better lap and overall time. This was actually quite a fun thing to do...

On a related note, this is going to be the first game I download, even though I have both the game and a working SNES... :geek:

Here is direct quote from this month's PC Magazine, where mag's Editor-in-Chief Jim Louderback interviewed George Harrison.

Q: What else can we expect from the Wii online over the next few months?

New content, promotional downloads, micro transactions, new games, new levels for your existing games. There's no subscription fee for online, you'll be able to purchase virtual console games, based on points, and $5 for NES, $8 for Super Nintendo, and $10 for N64 games.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2060981,00.asp

that sounds great!

Cube controller FTW for playing, what sems like all up to now, VC games.

"Virtual Console games allow you to suspend your game and return to it at a later time.When you suspend play, you create a Suspend Point that is saved in the Wii console memory."

This quote is directly from Wii's instruction booklet. It means that you can shut the game and continue playing from same place where you did left game. Quite nice feature. :)

This has got to be a typo:

One of the best examples of platform gaming the world has ever seen, Banjo-Kazooie puts you in control of a bear and his bird buddy. Banjo the bear has been personified, sure, and he isn't capable of too much on his own, but the way he interacts with Kazooie creates some unique game mechanics. Together, the pair fly, peck, and egg their way through enormous levels with loads of secrets. Truly essential, if you haven't played Banjo already, download this as soon as it's available on the Virtual Console.

SOURCE: http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746651p1.html

I can't belive it doesn't have a download bar. Just Mario running along the screen.

I like that feature, I thought the coins going across were indicating a download bar.

Please let it be, we've got to get Banjo Kazzoie!

Okami looks really cool.

hmmm liked the mario running across, but would prefer some kinda download bar, even if you keep the mario animation and its just a percentage in the corner or something

All updated including American OUT NOW games. Has there been another batch brought out seeing as they said more every Monday?

I thought they'd have a lot more ready than that for launch. But some are better than none, in Hudson's case.

Golden Axe and Gunstar Heroes FTW!

I totally need these 2 games, gunstar heroes is the bomb, especially mulitplayer.

Bonk and Bomberman on Wii Shop Channel now

Hudson Entertainment is announcing that its TurboGrafx games are now live on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console. Theses games, Bomberman ‘93 and Bonk’s Adventure, were delayed from the original Nintendo Wii launch date. Other titles that were previously announced will be rolled out over the next few weeks. These games include Super Star Soldier, Victory Run, and Dungeon Explorer.

woohoo,doesn't bomberman support six players?!!!! and bonks adventure (or BC Kid as I remember it from the Amiga) is a classic, gotta get it definitly.

Very nice. I'll definetly take advantage of this. I hope there's a tutorial out there.

Yeah, there is. But it isn't really worth of your time. First of all, Cube's Snes9x port is pretty bad and unstable, with very limited support. Secondly, you need either Nintendo's official SD Card Reader (pretty rare) or homemade SD-card reader to store your roms. But I can't really understand why Kotaku acts like this would be something new. This is two years old emulator for god's sake.

It's more the fact that it shows stuff like this still works on the Wii (He runs GCOS at the end as well)

Some info about the virtual console downloads:

http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/

Edit 2:

For the record, and in case anyone wants to know, Virtual Console titles are encrypted. It appears each game you download also has the emulator for it attached, with seems like a waste of space IMO. Sonic 1, whose original rom was 512KB, is a bit over 2MB on Virtual Console. (Oh, and for genesis games you CAN play them with the Wii remote, in addition to the classic or GC controllers)

Same page has info on how to get a somewhat working webbrowser on the Wii by redirecting the shopping channel.

Someone has managed to hack the wii shop channel which you can view using firefox. I've managed to download a file which is apparently donkey kong and also I've had a look around the various areas of the channel too.

wiikr4.gif