NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendork

Resident Evil Collector's edition.

God I want this.

IGN Cube is reporting that Capcom has Resident Evil 1, Zero and 4 planned for a collector's tin priced at $39.99 (about £21)

No word on any collector's goodies but apparently the game will simply be the retail versions, no added content or original artwork.

Might get a plushie or some left over promo stuff.

With the launch of the Wii.. a less than mature line up and GameCube backwards compatibility I'm sure this will be a huge success at that price.

e.mailed Capcom Europe to see if we can get it too.

At that price, who can say no.

Especially as I've never actually played a Resi Evil game before.

But what about 2, Nemesis and Code Veronica?

This set is exclusive to EBGames and Gamestop, I seriously doubt they will release this here in Europe.

Urgh! Has that been confirmed?

Well, every single website that posted the news said it. Heck, even IGN (http://cube.ign.com/articles/736/736741p1.html). To quote their article:

"So to celebrate the delicious chunk of gaming goodness that has been the Resident Evil series, Capcom is teaming up with EB Games and GameStop to deliver one final hurrah for Nintendo fans. The Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Collection is slated to hit stores October 24, a mere three weeks from now, and offers Resident Evil (the remake), Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil 4 together in one package for the MSRP if $39.99. This deal is exclusive to EB Games and GameStop, so if the package is anything like the original Resident Evil 4 collector's edition (also GameStop exclusive) we may be seeing some kind of collector's tin or special casing for the games to round the package off."

Sigh. I don't have any of the RE games, looks like I'm gonna have to buy a used RE4 from Amazon now. :(

This sounds great, remember over in Japan they've already got the ULTIMATE Resident Evil boxed set for the cube - every game in a special collectors box, awesome. As usual Europe will no doubt get the shaft...

damn...i would be all for this if i didnt already have 4. I traded in RE1 and i miss it alot, plus i never played zero and id love to get my hands on that..

I must say... I'm a total sucker for great packaging, but I already have all three of these so it's highly unlikely I'd pick this up. I would't mind getting Resident Evil 2 and 3, but hell they're expensive, even on eBay, all they are is ports of playstation games and they're still going for loads!

I must say... I'm a total sucker for great packaging, but I already have all three of these so it's highly unlikely I'd pick this up. I would't mind getting Resident Evil 2 and 3, but hell they're expensive, even on eBay, all they are is ports of playstation games and they're still going for loads!

You can get R Evil 2 and 3 for £14.99 each on http://www.play.com

I have all six RESI games on CUBE (aswell as Gaiden on the GBC but the less said about that the better) and I love the series so I'm a bit p*issed off that this won't be released in Europe.:angry:

Know what? I'd totally get it...if I didn't already have all 3 :heh:

Haha...Same here :heh:

The only ones I need are 3 & CV:X :)

I don't have any.. which is why I want it so bad.

I have to say Capcom put a lot of effort into their packaging and promotions.. they kinda still believe in the magic of gaming.

True blood.

I wanted this because those 3 are pretty pro games.. 2, 3 and Code Veronica were a bit piss poor from what I heard.

I don't have any.. which is why I want it so bad.

I have to say Capcom put a lot of effort into their packaging and promotions.. they kinda still believe in the magic of gaming.

True blood.

I wanted this because those 3 are pretty pro games.. 2, 3 and Code Veronica were a bit piss poor from what I heard.

Well Resi 2, 3 and Code Veronica weren't ever made for the Gamecube, just ports, still the same classic gameplay though

R Evil 2 is one of the best games I have ever played and I still rank it higher than R Evil 4. You get so much out of R Evil 2 in terms of gameplay value and the story is awesome.

Just ordered the GC version of RE4 after finding out my PC isn't good enough to run the upcoming PC port. It cost 13 quid second hand, in very good condition, hope it's worth it. :)

"R Evil 2 is one of the best games I have ever played and I still rank it higher than R Evil 4. You get so much out of R Evil 2 in terms of gameplay value and the story is awesome."

I played the demo of Resident Evil 2 on the Playstation version of Resident Evil when I was young...I thought that it was ace at the time! The whole idea of being stuck in a run down city with zombies is awesome... I've been thinking of buying Resident Evil 2 for the N64, Dreamcast or Gamecube all night and think that i'll take the plunge on the GameCube after that comment! I hope that the graphics dont suck too much.:) Is it a lot like Resdient Evil 1? I thought 1 was incredibly boring..

Anybody played the Dreamcast version? I wonder which console has the best controls.

Sign in to follow this