Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

GAME console returns

nekunando

if you make sell 50 360 games in a week you get £2500 revenue, and lets say you get £15 profit per game then its £750 profit.

Seen as most companies can sell 360 games for £40 and, for instance say more than double amount of games sold so you are now selling 120 360 games - so you get £4800 revenue and lets say you make £5 profit per game then you have made £600 profit.

Which I know is less in the short run but lets say more people use their service then you gradually build it to the point where your sales are much greater in the long run.

Thats what I was taught in ecomomics anyway.

But then you have to pay staff wages, so even less profit. No 'real' stores can put them down to £40 because they just wont make enough money. Internet shops can put the prices down because the whole service is automated until the packing right at the end.

if you make sell 50 360 games in a week you get £2500 revenue, and lets say you get £15 profit per game then its £750 profit.

Seen as most companies can sell 360 games for £40 and, for instance say more than double amount of games sold so you are now selling 120 360 games - so you get £4800 revenue and lets say you make £5 profit per game then you have made £600 profit.

Which I know is less in the short run but lets say more people use their service then you gradually build it to the point where your sales are much greater in the long run.

Thats what I was taught in ecomomics anyway.

But you're going on hypotetical guesses.

Lets put it this way, Game make £12.50 off a premium system, so theres no way in hell we make £15 off a game.

Wasn't there a EU law that said something like: "You can return any product in 10 working days if it is in the exact same state as when you bought it."

?

Yeah, but most games come in a shrink wrap or something so it isn't in the same state as you bought it if you've played it.

But then you have to pay staff wages, so even less profit. No 'real' stores can put them down to £40 because they just wont make enough money. Internet shops can put the prices down because the whole service is automated until the packing right at the end.

Grainger games are achain of stores in the north east, they have quite a few stores there prices for 360 games are £40 - if a smaller retail chain can do it and make some profit, then surely a larger store can what with economies of scale, both financial, and marketing

Ashley with all due respect (seriously Im not bitchin ya) why do you keep defending GAME?

I get it at the supermarket I work at, and its WAY easier to just agree and move on. I think its just that people are always going to dis GAME rightly or wrongly. I understand its your job and there is a certain amount of pride but seriously with the amount of haters you just cant win, and its not as if you are the fault of all their problems etc.

And you arent getting anything personally for promoting/defending GAME!

Just a bit of advice!

:)

Ashley with all due respect (seriously Im not bitchin ya) why do you keep defending GAME?

I get it at the supermarket I work at, and its WAY easier to just agree and move on. I think its just that people are always going to dis GAME rightly or wrongly. I understand its your job and there is a certain amount of pride but seriously with the amount of haters you just cant win, and its not as if you are the fault of all their problems etc.

And you arent getting anything personally for promoting/defending GAME!

Just a bit of advice!

:)

Im not defending, im simply providing insight. If people speak ill of Game and are correct thats fine, but if they're incorrect im just trying to let them know. Plus as I said, its nice to think "oh they could make games cheaper" or "we should have more feebies" or whatever, but I just provide logistics.

I think im in a better position to 'bash' Game, as I'm aware of just how stupid they are behind the scenes.