NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nekunando

GAME console returns

Hey.. just wondering if any of you know if GAME allow the return of consoles/preowned consoles within the 10-day period? (didn't really wanna start a whole thread about it..sorry)

..it's just that tomorrow i hoped I could take back my preowned xbox with 10 games that I got last friday in exchange for a DSlite..

any help?

No, very no. As contrary to popular belief, we are not a rental service.

Although you can on accessories I hear, but its rarely done.

At the best you could say the console is faulty, and 10 day the games. Which may seem suspect, but if you end up spending the same amount or more, they won't be too upset. Its a discretion thing at the end of the day.

..thanks for letting me know.. the rumble in the controller that came along with it doesn't seem right at all, it can be very loud.. and there seems to be a lot of dust in around the disc tray when it's opened..

..and I don't think you're a rental service, I just really think I made a big mistake :hmm:

..and I don't think you're a rental service, I just really think I made a big mistake :hmm:

Its a general opinion, wasn't saying you felt that in particular.

Try telling that to The3rdChildren. :heh:

Meh if his Game was more observant and/or rule obiding they would have cut him off at three like you're supposed to.

Ah well, its going to be killed soon.

Everytime I go in I say:

About a game: I thought it was actually going to be an(...) not a (...) type game.

About a console always says is frozen or something.

They just give me my money back, so meh - BTW it'll never be got rid of it, if they do then they would have to give us cheaper games like £39.99 for 360 games

..to any frowners, i sold the XBOX to my brother this morning for a couple of pound less than I bought it though he doesn't want all the games, so I'm gonna see if I can get my money back on at least some of them.. and if you think about it, having 10 games inside a week with uni and work to go to, I haven't had time to play any of them really.. 2 of them didn't even get played..

Meh if his Game was more observant and/or rule obiding they would have cut him off at three like you're supposed to.

Ah well, its going to be killed soon.

HOW SOON DAMMIT I NEED TO KNOW.

The gang's '10 DAY GAME CHALLENGE' is fun, why must you take it away. :shakehead

Although you can on accessories I hear, but its rarely done.

At the best you could say the console is faulty, and 10 day the games. Which may seem suspect, but if you end up spending the same amount or more, they won't be too upset. Its a discretion thing at the end of the day.

Game didn't let me 10 day a game...

The trick is to have two Game stores in your town and buy from one and take back to the other. I rarely do it anyway since I rarely even buy games anymore.

It's not like I take a game back and swap it for another and keep repeating.

I wonder if people get a game and use the stars and return in within 10days?

I think it's good news anyway as GAME is well out of line selling a game whch has been used for 10 days as new, thats why I only buy games from them that are still sealed.

I wonder if people get a game and use the stars and return in within 10days?

I think it's good news anyway as GAME is well out of line selling a game whch has been used for 10 days as new, thats why I only buy games from them that are still sealed.

Nintendo games are expempt from the 10 day return anyway. That's before it got taken away.

Personally I think game rental should be more competitively priced in the UK.. blockbuster has a monopoly really, I remember the days when you could have a Mega Drive game overnight for 40p, we'd go 20p each and try to play as much as we could.

I don't buy from GAME much anymore.. rather go to a store without all these bullshit policies like Virgin or Woolworths if I shop in town. They abide to trading standard's laws that state: with a receipt the customer is ENTITLED to a full money guarantee if the product is returned in a reasonable condition. within 7 working days (10 days normally)

I don't consider having the seal taken off is unreasonable, unless it is on a PC game/software.

They just give me my money back, so meh - BTW it'll never be got rid of it, if they do then they would have to give us cheaper games like £39.99 for 360 games

They are trialing it in stores. And its not like we can just alter the prices, as the margin is small anyway. An average profit a day is 27%. So that means when we took £5800 on Friday, the company got £1500.

Nintendo games are expempt from the 10 day return anyway. That's before it got taken away.

I always ten day them, and let customers. The policy is they should be returned as sold, including star cards. If they are removed, they cannot be returned.

Ah, our store has a little home made printed sign saying what is exempt from the 10 day thing now, Nintendo DS games were excluded, as well as PC games and I think DVDs.

What would be better is make the 10 day return only available to store card holders.. then the abuse of the system can be easily tracked and it wouldn't be down to the managers discretion.

Now I've only ever taken a game back once because it really blowed, so as far as I'm concerned that's a relatively good track record and I should be treated as not only trust worthy but a decent customer. Before I had the net I'd buy every console and game with my card, typically spending all my paper round wages on games.

If the assistant could scan through past purchases, trade ins and 10 day returns then it would be fairer and avoid people buying impulse games which they wont like.

Say you can have 3 ten day trade ins every 6 months, this would mean at christmas if you get a couple of bad games you can take them back and get something you want.. but wouldn't be too abusive either.

If GAME just offered a decent rental system (which they could easily set up) then the problem would be resolved. Even newspapers like the Guardian have their own film rental network.. £5 for a week say, and if you like the game you can pick it up with a slight price reduction of say £3 of the games retail price.

Man I should really work for GAME.

Man I should really work for GAME.

Great ideas are fine, but you don't know the probability of them working out.

A rental service would require a whole duplication of the stores catalogue (as they would receive a higher profit from selling titles they would want to ensure they always have stock in. Saying "Oh someone has rented that and it will be back in three days" may result in that customer going elsewhere). This then means the stores need a hell of a lot more space, which just ain't going to happen, especially as new Best Practice rules means no more than 2 copies of a game can be out on display, thus there is a lot more behind the till.

I'd imagine allowing sales assistants to check through back purchases would violate Data Protection laws in someway, we can't even look up loyalty cards any more because of data protection. Furthermore, it would cause a great deal of slowdown at the till if prior to refunding anything you would have to check back, tally up the 10 days, their general purchases, trade-ins (but really, what does that have to do with anything?). It would also mean all the tills would need an upgrade to cope with this massive new system. The tills are shockingly outdated.

And, speaking on behalf of our store becasue I can't speak for everyone, not everyone has an equal level on the 10 day policy. We have a few customers who abuse it, who never spend money in there and they should be stopped. However we have some regulars who do often ten day, but also spend a great deal of money in there. Its favouritism but we let them do it, because we know it encourages loyalty and brings more money into the till.

Today I discounted the Kingdom Hearts II strategy guide for a regular to £9.99 (the when bought with price) because his son had come in on Friday and didn't have enough money. He didn't buy the game at the time, and thus I shouldn't have, but I know its little things like that which will ensure customers come back.

Wow...long.

Had a go on one of them touch screen tills in Tesco Express last night, they're idiot proof :) 2-0-9, £2.09 please.

Type in the cash and it highlights the coins/number of them for change.

You posted that in the right topic?

And they're not idiot proof, lurk around, watch some people on it. A lot of people are confused.

Why don't companies realise if you cut the price of 360 games by £10 you will get more sales

Why don't companies realise if you cut the price of 360 games by £10 you will get more sales

Because they will make less money. They sell as are. I don't think the increased numbers would justify the decreased profit margin.

Because they will make less money. They sell as are. I don't think the increased numbers would justify the decreased profit margin.

Thats where you are wrong, decrease the cost by a tenner. Then you stuff the inside with a small amount of canabis. Therefore when people open up a new game they get a wiff of it and get hooked on buying new games. BINGO! People keep buying more and more games and if the police find out blame it on Microsoft. Win-Win.....

Thats where you are wrong, decrease the cost by a tenner. Then you stuff the inside with a small amount of canabis. Therefore when people open up a new game they get a wiff of it and get hooked on buying new games. BINGO! People keep buying more and more games and if the police find out blame it on Microsoft. Win-Win.....

To quote one of the greatest thinkers of our times; "you're a strange little man - and I pity you"

To quote one of the greatest thinkers of our times; "you're a strange little man - and I pity you"

I'll quote another great thinker, if this is what we are doing; "You know what i do?!? I spit in your mouth while you sleep!"

if you make sell 50 360 games in a week you get £2500 revenue, and lets say you get £15 profit per game then its £750 profit.

Seen as most companies can sell 360 games for £40 and, for instance say more than double amount of games sold so you are now selling 120 360 games - so you get £4800 revenue and lets say you make £5 profit per game then you have made £600 profit.

Which I know is less in the short run but lets say more people use their service then you gradually build it to the point where your sales are much greater in the long run.

Thats what I was taught in ecomomics anyway.

Sign in to follow this