NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
michaelarran

Please convert Stars into VC points, Nintendo

Since I seem to have accrued close to 7000 of the things and am yet to find anything worth using them on!

Cheers

Mike

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea!

I've got something like 3,500 stars. I know Nintendo do occasionally have some cool special limited edition items on the Stars Catalogue, but they're usually sold out by the time I find out about them!

VC games would certainly be something worth aiming towards, make a change from wallpapers and ringtones. -_-

250 stars per game in currency..

2000 points, estimated at £17 (I estimate £15 will be the final price)

1000 points = £8.50

500 points = £4.25 (for a console)

250 points = £2.12 (for a game)

Phat chance they're going to give away that kind of revenue. Also what kind of infastructure is there implemented to sync Nintendo Europe's servers to the Wii? None..

It wont happen, that's not to say they wont ask you to trade in say.. 5000 stars for 2000 VC points (example) and the card will come in the post or via e.mail.

I don't think you'll get a direct translation though.

I though some nintendo rep stated recently that the stars won't be converted into Wii points. Nintendo knows that alot of us have loads of stars stored away cause there is nothing ever to spend them on, so they won't loose revenue by converting them.

I wonder if they'll carry on the stars for Wii games. Probably won't as it does knida contribute to Ninteno's 'kiddy image'

I reckon they'll keep it, the DS is a solid platform and uses them.

I bet over half of stars never get used anyway.. probably left in boxes.

If Nintendo did happen to accept Stars for VC points, I wouldn't be expecting a direct translation (which is very unrealistic). I'd just be happy to be able to spend some on a NES game or two. :P

VC point cards would make a nice addition to the catalogue. I mean, the Club Mario members in Japan get to trade points for some nice Nintendo-themed stuff (actual objects you get in the post such as toys) on a regular basis. We European gamers get fobbed off by wallpapers and ringtones. I'm not sure if North American gamers have any similar schemes.

Since I seem to have accrued close to 7000 of the things and am yet to find anything worth using them on!

Cheers

Mike

There isn't much you can buy,there is the occasional update with games.Since this is NoE we're talking about there's no chance :heh:

I am also hoping this will come about as I have 10,000 points on the website and about 6,000 just sitting in my drawer.

This is a great idea because it seems my 8,700 odd are never going to be used for anything since whenever games are on the site (and they usually blow) they disappear within fucking minutes.

Well I have 19,225 stars and nothing to spend them on! Getting a 5000-point VC card for 15,000 wouldn't be bad, though I'm hoping that NoE just put anything up on the catalogue in the future...

I've received two items from the Stars Catalogue (Large Miyamoto Mario Poster, Mario GC Controller) but still have 7260 stars. A chance to convert some of them into VC points wouldbe good, but I'd keep some for the occasional updates.

Well I have 19,225 stars and nothing to spend them on! Getting a 5000-point VC card for 15,000 wouldn't be bad, though I'm hoping that NoE just put anything up on the catalogue in the future...

:shock: nearly 20,000! wow. I currently have 7,645. If i hadn't spent any i would be on 10,815.

Would be absolutely fabulous if they did stars for VC games. I would <3 Nintendo

250 stars per game in currency..

Its a free Retro game with any Nintendo game you buy, then. (and 2 free with the console).

Doesn't seem much to me, so Nintendo could even say "Includes 2 free VC games" when they advertise Wii over here.

I mean, why else would the price for a game conveniently be the same amount of points as a star voucher...

There's a chance something like this will happen and I think I did hear some mention of it early when the Virtual Console was first annonced. It's a good way for Nintendo to reward it's fans and will actually work out cheaper I think, for them to do this than tp put items up on the website. VC games will be more or less an infinite source of income and it won't cost them anything.

Sign in to follow this