NEurope
DiemetriX

1 Million Wii Units At Launch In North America

Reggie said most of their stockpile would be going to America, so we can expect less for the other regions in total.

Lets say 500,000 for Europe, 500,000 for Japan. This is a total shot in the dark but I'm guessing it will be a minor effort to procure one on December 8th.

the 360 had 300,000 for each territory (EU, US, JP)

Reggie said most of their stockpile would be going to America, so we can expect less for the other regions in total.

Well..4 million worldwide by the end of the world - so It's likely that Europe will also get a million on launch, or shortly after.

Haha you gone proved my guesstimation theory wrong.

I think they said 4 million by March 2007?

With the DS lite they were happy to launch with about 700,000 then the follow up stock came soon after. I don't think there will be quite 1 million on launch for Europe, but probably not far off.

Well..4 million worldwide by the end of the world - so It's likely that Europe will also get a million on launch, or shortly after.

So they know when the world is going to end?

Yeah...It was 4M before the end of the year i think.

If North America is only getting 1M, and it was going to get the most out of all territories, that means Europe will get less that 1M!!!

Is 1 million enough for US?

Saying that will Europe get enough? ::shrug:

it should be, i think the US got 700,000 GC's at launch

There's 4 million this year. I reckon Nintendo wants 2.5 million available at launch and spread the rest for the period after that. This is by far the best launch stock of the three, where Microsoft had less than one million and Sony only has 500 000.

I just want one for me.

Amen to that!! (Except I want one for me, not you... nevermind!)

So they know when the world is going to end?

I have no idea why I wrote that. I thought I wrote "year". Perhaps I know something... (that i don't actually know).

Anyway - 700,000 launch in Japan and UK, and 300,000 in the few weeks after is my guess. Plus another 1million in the US in December.

So with roughly 500000 Wii's available for Europe should that mean we get one?

(Im imagining the bulk will be hitting our side of Europe as I cant imagine Latvia, Lithuania etc being a major target for them?)

I have no idea why I wrote that. I thought I wrote "year". Perhaps I know something... (that i don't actually know).

Anyway - 700,000 launch in Japan and UK, and 300,000 in the few weeks after is my guess. Plus another 1million in the US in December.

And what about Australasia?

700,000 of those consoles will be shipped back to Japan by importers on eBay. ROFL can't believe they were paying £200 for a DS lite from Europe.

Wii will sell out before PS3, you just wait :D

Well considering the amazingly low launch units Sony has, it shouldn't be hard, especially in Japan.

I can't wait to see the press releases.

PS3 Launch:

Sony: We sold out all of our 100,000 units what a successful launch

Wii Launch:

Nintendo: Wii sold out all our (insert number which will most likely be over 200,000) units.

Reggie: hahaha, another name taken and ass well and truly kicked

Sony: Damn that blu-ray:angry: