N-Europe

Was I watching the same Gurren Lagann as everyone else? It was just a generic action anime with fanservice. Nothing even remotely interesting about it.

I haven't watched and was about to download it. Until you said that... Its been kinda hard for me to start watching a new anime series. It seemed Gurren Lagan had the consensus...

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched and was about to download it. Until you said that... Its been kinda hard for me to start watching a new anime series. It seemed Gurren Lagan had the consensus...

Get it get it get it! The power of christ compels thee! Plus it really is great. Funny, cool action sequences, one of my fave anime characters of all time, and awesome special move names :heh: Nothing beats GIGA DRILL BREAKER! Especially the way they say it in Engrish.

Yeah I agree with you Shino since they are exploring the mechanics behind the moves they do.

Though on the other hand bleach has just added another few character and making a completely new arc where they can go nuts unlike naruto which at least it adds a bit to the overall story.

(hey as long as it isnt the bounto chronicles... right? right?)

I was enjoying the filler until they went down the usual path of Naruto finding a "rival" that's just like him and then they'll become friends.

Exactly what I thought, but at least the kid is kinda cool.

Also, tumb surfing: the next extreme sport.

Fuck yeah! Reminds me of Don Pai Pai log transportation.

I was enjoying the filler until they went down the usual path of Naruto finding a "rival" that's just like him and then they'll become friends. Also, tumb surfing: the next extreme sport.
Basically within the first like... 5 minutes? Guess you didn't enjoy much of it :heh:

I just checked out the latest dub One Piece on Veoh out of curiosity. I hadn't seen what Funimation had done for the series and was actually pleasantly surprised. I was also amazed to see that they had dubbed the opening, to the same music! I actually really like that! And the new voices are much better, I especially like Luffy and Robin, although, as hard as he tries, the Voice actor for Luffy could never match the original :smile:

Also seen that they're bringing out the first One Piece DVD, uncut and unedited. Which would be awesome if it wasn't for this big issue: 13 episodes per DVD box set. Why must anime releases insist on this ridiculous idea? I know 13 episodes is a standard half-season for anime, but to invest in all the episodes (there's currently over 350, and it's still going strong) would cost a hell of a lot of money and time. In fact a quick bit of math, assuming you could pick up each set for about £13 (just an estimated average that makes it an easy-to-calculate £1/episode) just to get the episodes that are currently available in Japan would eventually cost you over £350.

Guest Stefkov

Now I'm up to date on Naruto. That was great, it was just like when I watched the hundreds of episodes to get up to date with the anime. Everything it much faster paced and superb.

Guest Stefkov

I just read the latest one aswell.

Like it was said above all what they're talking about, or what he's talking about, is really interesting. I'd love to see in it motion though. Some of the fights in the manga would look superb especially

Itachi's and Sasuke's.

Also naruto's upgraded Ransengan and the fight with the immortal Akatsuki, I hope the anime catches up with that.

Thse fights will be pretty good. I'm looking forward to those and

Jiraiya and Pein. Though I want to see what happens when Naruto goes back to Konoha, a lots going on just now, he'll hear about his mentors death, learn Yondaime is his dad and need to perfect and learn 'that jutsu'.

I'm hoping when he hears all this, Naruto will shut up about Sasuke. To much Uchiha-ness for now.

Just rewatched the latest Naruto episode, what did every one think of Naruto's poor cartwheel?

It's funny because it's one of those things that yells at you "Cheap episode. They cut back on the animation in this one." And is it just me that feels that the animation of filler characters, especially their eyes, just seems to be of a different [lower] quality than the main characters apart from the latest filler arc which seems to have more effort put into it.

Guest Stefkov
Thse fights will be pretty good. I'm looking forward to those and

Jiraiya and Pein. Though I want to see what happens when Naruto goes back to Konoha, a lots going on just now, he'll hear about his mentors death, learn Yondaime is his dad and need to perfect and learn 'that jutsu'.

I'm hoping when he hears all this, Naruto will shut up about Sasuke. To much Uchiha-ness for now.

Yeah Jiraiya's battle will be great to watch.

I was really surprised when learning of Naruto's parents. I'd figured it a while back when I think Jiraiya mentioned Naruto's mother. I can't remember when but when the explanation came and Jiraiya looked at his past it was quite cool.

By 'that jutsu' you mean the shuriken rasengan? Yeah he has to perfect it but Tsunade said it's now a forbidden technique. But he'll go on an use it anyways.

I think Naruto is weak tbh. Jiraiya and Kakashi needs just their hand to perform Rasengan. Naruto needs a clone. I just think if he creates the Ransengan like the other two then he'd be cooler. But his use of the clones is pretty smart. Like against Madara in their encounter.

And for the Uchihaness. There's way too much 'I'm gonna save him' etc. Now he can focus on becoming Hokage.

Yeah Jiraiya's battle will be great to watch.

I was really surprised when learning of Naruto's parents. I'd figured it a while back when I think Jiraiya mentioned Naruto's mother. I can't remember when but when the explanation came and Jiraiya looked at his past it was quite cool.

By 'that jutsu' you mean the shuriken rasengan? Yeah he has to perfect it but Tsunade said it's now a forbidden technique. But he'll go on an use it anyways.

I think Naruto is weak tbh. Jiraiya and Kakashi needs just their hand to perform Rasengan. Naruto needs a clone. I just think if he creates the Ransengan like the other two then he'd be cooler. But his use of the clones is pretty smart. Like against Madara in their encounter.

And for the Uchihaness. There's way too much 'I'm gonna save him' etc. Now he can focus on becoming Hokage.

Shadow reckons there is another technique that naruto hasn't used yet. I can't remember the exact details but I do remember some of what he said about a scroll being sent to naruto so I will take his word for it.

With the revelations revealed, Sasuke could follow Madara and go rogue. He hasn't really got anything else to do. Hopefully, with the revelation of Jiraiya's death and Naruto learning of the potential that he carries (who his father was) he will again mature a bit (he has matured with his use of the clones). Also, he may realise how much stronger he needs to get again if they have found out that Sasuke has beaten Itachi.

Shadow reckons there is another technique that naruto hasn't used yet. I can't remember the exact details but I do remember some of what he said about a scroll being sent to naruto so I will take his word for it.

With the revelations revealed, Sasuke could follow Madara and go rogue. He hasn't really got anything else to do. Hopefully, with the revelation of Jiraiya's death and Naruto learning of the potential that he carries (who his father was) he will again mature a bit (he has matured with his use of the clones). Also, he may realise how much stronger he needs to get again if they have found out that Sasuke has beaten Itachi.

Shadows reckoning is true, Jiraiya has always warned Naruto since the start of Part II not to use 'That jutsu'. And seeing as we havent seen anything highly unusual (Except wind shuriken rasengan, but that was self taught and we watched Naruto learn it himself). I presume it has something to do with the Kyuubi, as Naruto awakens the Kyuubi when he pushes his chakra limit, he may of learnt something that even he's own chakra limit cant contain and instantly calls out a very powerful Kyuubi strength.

Shadows reckoning is true, Jiraiya has always warned Naruto since the start of Part II not to use 'That jutsu'. And seeing as we havent seen anything highly unusual (Except wind shuriken rasengan, but that was self taught and we watched Naruto learn it himself). I presume it has something to do with the Kyuubi, as Naruto awakens the Kyuubi when he pushes his chakra limit, he may of learnt something that even he's own chakra limit cant contain and instantly calls out a very powerful Kyuubi strength.

Initially i thought it was just kyuubi use, but it does make more sense, and is a good plot device to strengthen naruto, if it is a technique that works in the way you mentioned.