Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never read the manga?

Nah i've read it. Though I wait for a new volume instead of the monthly chapters.

@Hellfire. Will do :heh: Hopefully by the time that comes around you'll have forgotten it by then.

I'll add some spoiler tags to it anyway. I'll never give out spoilers from the manga cause that would just suck.

Finished Welcome to the NHK. It was really really good. Next on my list: Serial Experiments Lain.

So that'll mean you'd have watched Monster, NHK and Lain, in a single month? Wow... you're gonna blow.

Be prepared for Lain. You will either explode at how good it is... or not care much about it at all.

I abolutel love it. Even today, it still stands as one of my top 3 series. :D

So that'll mean you'd have watched Monster, NHK and Lain, in a single month? Wow... you're gonna blow.

Be prepared for Lain. You will either explode at how good it is... or not care much about it at all.

I abolutel love it. Even today, it still stands as one of my top 3 series. :D

It's actually 2-3 months, and I also saw Gurren Lagann. So at least my brain could rest a little while I watched things go boom and big bouny boobs.:smile: But yeah, I'm a fan of more serious anime, and also comedy. Looking forward to Lain.

Watching the awesomeness that is Haruhi all over again. :grin:

I could never watch this subbed, tbh. The dubbed version is too funny, and I think watching it subbed might kill most of the humour. :hmm:

You gotta be dumb... I'm 100% positive they ruined half the jokes in the dub. I'm 100% sure. Moreover... were the episodes broadcast in the right (that menaning "wrong") order?

In fact, lemme also add that it's a deserved outcasting... and I'll only say this: there is absolutely NO good reason to watch anything whatsoever dubbed, unless you can't read.

What? No way. You're 100% wrong.

Jokes are less funny if you have to read them, especially as the element of surprise is practically non-existant. :nono:

If you can come up with a good reason why you shouldn't watch the subbed version, I'll shut up.

I'll stop by later to check out your reasons.

In fact, lemme also add that it's a deserved outcasting... and I'll only say this: there is absolutely NO good reason to watch anything whatsoever dubbed, unless you can't read.

I can't really understand what is so bad about the dubbed versions?

Is it because the American VA's use annoying voices? You do realise they're American, right?

Deserved outcasting? pfff. More like intentional. :wink:

If you can come up with a good reason why you shouldn't watch the subbed version, I'll shut up.

I'll stop by later to check out your reasons.

A good reason...a good reason...

Because I can understand it? No, that's not good enough...

Oh, because watching it subbed seems quite geeky. Despite watching anime anyway is being geeky. Maybe watching it dubbed gets rid of some geekiness...

Hah, you expect me to come up with a good reason? That's never going to fooking happen...

...how? Have you never read something funny before?

When I read something that's supposed to be funny, I don't laugh when I read it at that time. But when somebody reads it out to me, It's then that I laugh.

For instance; I have these books that are about comedy, and how to become a good stand-up comic. (It's my brother's ambition.) And these books include a lot of jokes, but I just don't laugh when I read them, no matter how funny they are. (And reading out aloud doesn't work, either.)

Weird, eh? :blank:

When I read something that's supposed to be funny, I don't laugh when I read it at that time. But when somebody reads it out to me, It's then that I laugh.

For instance; I have these books that are about comedy, and how to become a good stand-up comic. (It's my brother's ambition.) And these books include a lot of jokes, but I just don't laugh when I read them, no matter how funny they are. (And reading out aloud doesn't work, either.)

Weird, eh? :blank:

I see what you mean, but that doesn't make the jokes any less funny... also, surely some things still make you laugh in written form?

surely some things still make you laugh in written form?

Not really, no. Something might make me snigger, but it would be very likely that if it was said out loud, I would burst out laughing.

Although, text such as "If you can read this: You're a tw*t!" would probably raise a small chuckle from the mouth of moi. ::shrug:

Watching it dubbed reminds me of Sunday mourning cartoons, the thought of watching Death Note in a Sunday mourning next to Yu-gi-oh or BeyBlade is disgusting! Subs keep it the way it was meant to be, that's why our movies are always subbed and not dubbed (except kid movies).

But remember, no matter what, we still love. Just less.

Watching it dubbed reminds me of Sunday mourning cartoons, the thought of watching Death Note in a Sunday mourning next to Yu-gi-oh or BeyBlade is disgusting! Subs keep it the way it was meant to be, that's why our movies are always subbed and not dubbed (except kid movies).

But remember, no matter what, we still love. Just less.

Well, I've got fond memories of watching cartoons on a Sunday morning. (Viva la 90's)

I'm going to assume that my preference to watch them dubbed comes from watching dubbed Pokemon on those cherished Sunday mornings. As well as not understanding why there is a universal hatred for dubbed voices. (apart from 'Believe it!' That I do understand.)

I can't really understand what is so bad about the dubbed versions?

Is it because the American VA's use annoying voices? You do realise they're American, right?

Deserved outcasting? pfff. More like intentional. :wink:

A good reason...a good reason...

Because I can understand it? No, that's not good enough...

Oh, because watching it subbed seems quite geeky. Despite watching anime anyway is being geeky. Maybe watching it dubbed gets rid of some geekiness...

Hah, you expect me to come up with a good reason? That's never going to fooking happen...

Nah, I just hate them coz they completely unnecessary. I hate all dubbings of everything. Fortunately, in my country, only kids cartoons get dubbed. Nothing else. I grew up with subtitles everywhere. And I love it. If you ask me, it's the best thing about being Portuguese.

Well, at least you admit there are no good reasons... so, I guess you're off the hook.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!