Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

i'm always watching ghibli movies ^^

but aside from that i'm currently watching denno coil - a circle of children (which has tenuous links to ghibli movies - as with most things i do nowadays~)

but i like card captor sakura, tsubasa, bebop, trigun, afro samurai (haha), angelic layer, bleach, ichigo mashimaro, azumanga daioh, nodame cantabile.. (although i liked the live action nodame better than the anime... cant imagine why though... had NOTHING to do with the actor who played chiaki... nothing at all.. *cough*)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what are these DVD Speical episode thingies I keep seeing?

They're only like 11mb each, so I'm assuming like extra content or something?

They're fake outtakes done with chibi characters of all the main points, some of which are funny, known as Maria-sama ni wa naisho. (keep it a secret from the virgin Mary) There's one 10mb ish one for each OVA, 7 10mb ish ones for series one, and 6 10mb ish ones for series 2.

Guest Stefkov

The FMA movie is being shown in select cinemas, which looks only to be in the US.

Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie Conqueror of Shamballa

9/20/2007

Don’t miss the big screen debut of Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie Conqueror of Shamballa showing for only one night as part of the Anime Bento Festival. This exclusive premiere will be held in select movie theatres nationwide September 20th at 7:30 PM local. Tickets to each Anime Bento event sold separately.

Movie Synopsis: It is 1923 in Munich. Two years have passed since Edward Elric’s sacrifice ripped him out of his world and into ours, separating him from his younger brother, Alphonse. In that time, Ed’s continued research into rocketry has allied him with Alphonse Heiderich, a fellow researcher who oddly resembles Ed’s brother. Back in his own world, Al has been unlocking new secrets of alchemy and gaining incredible powers, all in the hopes of finding Ed. Battling the occult, ideological extremists, and monstrous Homunculi lurking in the shadows, can the brothers find a way to reunite without causing chaos and bloodshed? What will happen when the world of alchemy and the world of modern science collide?

This movie is rated PG-13

PLUS, only at this event, bonus feature: The Transformation of a Phenomenon

Lucky swines.

Some spoilers are out, obviously about the Uchiha's.

The only realistic one is a script which says Sasuke launches an attack but Itachi does the crow genjutsu on him (The only bit I seem to think may indicate it to being a fake). Itachi then says he is only her to talk, and obviously Sasuke is having none of it and declares he Is going to kill him, whilst a voice in the background says "We meet atlast, Uchiha Sasuke". Jiraiya sets off for the land of rain, and Tsunade orders him not to die (If this is real, good knowing you Jiraiya, pretty much good as dead).

Karin feels Sasuke's chakra dissapear, Hebi runs towards the cave Sasuke entered to find it sealed off by a Jutsu and Zetsu standing in front of it claiming an important meeting is underway and they may not disturb. (Karin notes that Zetsu's chakra cannot be sensed, which is incredibly likely knowing he's spying nature).

Tobi emerges in the cave, flashing the sharingan and invites Sasuke to be their 'Nakama' (Friend etc)

My guess is that this may have some truth in it, but I cant see Sasuke easily being convinced into not attacking Itachi (Then again he may be restricted).

Trailer for EVA:1.0 : Rebuild of Evangelion.

Another trailer EVA:1.0 : Rebuild of Evangelion

Just a reminder about the remake movies:

GAINAX's official website confirmed that "Rebuild of Evangelion" will consist of four movies. The first three movies will be an alternate retelling of the TV series (including many new scenes, settings, backgrounds, characters), and the fourth movie will be a completely new conclusion to the story; the series is intended to be much more understandable and accessible to non-fans than the original TV series and movies.

According to an article in the February 2007 issue of Newtype USA, the first movie will end with Operation Yashima, an incident that takes place during Episode 6 of the original Evangelion TV series. The article also states that a brand new character to the Evangelion universe will be introduced in the second installment and that some of the differences between the original series and the new movies will take advantage of 3D CG technology not available when the series was produced back in 1995.

Other known differences will include new NERV and SEELE emblems, which were later revealed on the official Rebuild website. Two versions of the new NERV logo have the word "NERV" extending out of the left-hand side of an upside-down apple, with the old motto "God's in his heaven, all's right with the world" either coming out of the right side of the apple or below the word NERV. The fig leaf from the old NERV logo is retained, now superimposed onto the apple. Another design has the original logo superimposed over the upside-down apple; the V in NERV is also slightly altered.

The new SEELE logo incorporates the old logo (a triangle with seven eyes on it), with an apple inset inside of the triangle with a snake coiled around it. Written on the middle of the SEELE apple is the phrase "Ãœberm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet," which is taken from lines 71 and 72 of Friedrich Schiller's original poem Ode to Joy (with the word "Brueder" or "Brothers" being excluded), and translates as "Above the starry canopy, God judges as we judged".

Another story change is that Kaworu will make a much earlier appearance; in the series, he was not introduced until episode 24.

The films names;

Rebuild of Evangelion:

EVANGELION: 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE (Airs on Sept 07 in Japan)

EVANGELION: 2.0

EVANGELION: 3.0

EVANGELION: Final

I'm on episode 14 of NGE so far it is great!!! :D

11 episodes of Eureka 7 left I'm so sad. :(

Be carefull of NGE.It will made you wonder your purpose in life.Though saying that I wasn't as confused as other people,but don't let it fool you,I still was really confused after it,not as bad as Noein thought :heh:

I still have all my E7 DVDs to watch and Manga to read,but before I start watching it I have my Naruto set to watch (4 episodes),then the other half of FMA28 odd episodes,then Gundam Wing(49),then between those anime I have HunterxHunter(97 on PC) to watch then after that Eureka Seven.I watch my anime DVDs mostly in bed so it's like 5 episodes a week usually.

Man am I busy anime wise and that isn't even including the weekly anime I download.

Also I still have my Rave Master,Shin Chan and FullMetal Alchemist Manga to read...

But hopefully when i've done most things i'll have atleast 10 E7 DVDs.

Be carefull of NGE.It will made you wonder your purpose in life.Though saying that I wasn't as confused as other people,but don't let it fool you,I still was really confused after it,not as bad as Noein thought :heh:

I still have all my E7 DVDs to watch and Manga to read,but before I start watching it I have my Naruto set to watch (4 episodes),then the other half of FMA28 odd episodes,then Gundam Wing(49),then between those anime I have HunterxHunter(97 on PC) to watch then after that Eureka Seven.I watch my anime DVDs mostly in bed so it's like 5 episodes a week usually.

Man am I busy anime wise and that isn't even including the weekly anime I download.

Also I still have my Rave Master,Shin Chan and FullMetal Alchemist Manga to read...

But hopefully when i've done most things i'll have atleast 10 E7 DVDs.

That is a lot of anime you need to watch!

I still need to catch up on Naruto episode 168 (i'm getting there :))

I need to finish Eureka 7 and NGE. Then i'm going to get started on FMA (only bought the first two volumes on DVD)

I have all my weekly shows under control at the moment. :D

What weekly anime are you watching?

I got my girlfriend through the Naruto fillers by only showing her the best and very worst xD We watched about 25-30 episodes rather than the full 80+. I included laughing Shino, peeing on Ino, the crazy artist and his bowl (including man who collapses cave on himself from inside...), rich snot-nosed boy, rasengan-ramen and the postman episodes. For the good ones I kept the Bikochu arc, Anko arc and the last one. Well ok the last one sucked too but it was the only appearance of the sand siblings and lead back into the canon.

Much better than struggling through them all :)

Guest Stefkov
hmmm... hard to say, I'll miss a lot

*list*

These are the main ones that I can think of right now.

Thankyou. I now have more anime to download and watch :)

That is a lot of anime you need to watch!

I still need to catch up on Naruto episode 168 (i'm getting there :))

I need to finish Eureka 7 and NGE. Then i'm going to get started on FMA (only bought the first two volumes on DVD)

I have all my weekly shows under control at the moment. :D

What weekly anime are you watching?

So far for me it's Naruto,Lucky Star,Devil May Cry,Bleach (not started watching till after the fillers yet)

It feels weird having no DeathNote to download at the moment.Soon the special is out though which is good.Another 3 hours of DeathNote.

So far for me it's Naruto,Lucky Star,Devil May Cry,Bleach (not started watching till after the fillers yet)

It feels weird having no DeathNote to download at the moment.Soon the special is out though which is good.Another 3 hours of DeathNote.

Woo! another 3 hours of Death Note. When does it come out? Do you know what it will be about?

The weekly shows i'm watching at the moment are Lucky Star, Gurren Laggan and hayate. All are great shows. :D

Woo! another 3 hours of Death Note. When does it come out? Do you know what it will be about?

The weekly shows i'm watching at the moment are Lucky Star, Gurren Laggan and hayate. All are great shows. :D

Ah Hayate,I knew there was something I forgot,thanks :D

The DeathNote is a 3 hour special on August the 31st(I think) in which you see scenes from the series in Shinigami view with some new music.Not much else is known about it but I hope you some extra stuff that was in the manga.

Yay! not long not long to wait now. Hopefully it will be awesome! :grin:

ShadowV7 it would be great if they put in extra parts from the manga. :D

Sounds great so far!

Also does:

Misa commit suicide in the anime because you don't see her jump ( if i remember correctly).

It wasn't properly shown i felt the ending in the manga was better because it had more at the end.