NEurope

The August issue of Shogakukan's Monthly Sunday GX magazine will confirm on Saturday that the third Black Lagoon anime project will be an original video anime (OVA) project in 2010. Director Sunao Katabuchi will return from the first two Black Lagoon anime projects, along with character designer Masanori Shino and the Madhouse anime studio. Megumi Toyoguchi will reprise her role as the female pirate Revy. The story revolves around a typical Japanese businessman who gets caught up in the escapades of modern-day pirate mercenaries off the Asian shores.

Viz Media will publish the seventh volume of Rei Hiroe's original adventure manga next month. Geneon Entertainment released part of the Black Lagoon anime in North America, but Funimation has since agreed to take over distribution of the anime. Funimation reissued the first anime series and started the DVD release of the Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage series last August.

The first two anime series will be re-issued on Blu-ray Disc in full high-definition. The Blu-ray Discs' original special video supplements will feature the anime adaptations of omake extra manga shorts from the end of the manga's compiled book volumes.

blackl2.jpg

blacklw.jpg

According to Moonphase:

• Endless Eight is going to end next week on the July 23,2009.
  • The reason for six episodes of endless eight was because Kadokawa told Kyoani to make 6 episodes of Endless Eight.
  • Haruhi being 42 episodes instead of 28.

Inuyasha's Final Chapters Anime

This year's 34th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine will announce next Wednesday that an Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen (Inuyasha Final Chapter) television adaptation of Rumiko Takahashi's manga has been green-lit. The anime will broadcast on Japan's YTV this fall and cover the story in volumes 36 to 56 of the manga — the final 21 compiled book volumes. The original staff and cast will reunite for the new anime adaptation.

Shonen Sunday had promised earlier this month that it will be including a special news announcement about Inuyasha in issue #34. Takahashi had ended the Inuyasha manga in the same magazine last June. She has been serializing a new manga called RIN-NE (Kyōkai no Rinne) in the magazine as well as on TheRumicWorld.com website for North America readers since April 22. Viz Media has been releasing the Inuyasha manga in North America, and it has also released the original 2000-2004 television anime adaptation.

Edited by Dante

FUNImation is releasing the Dragon Box version of DBZ!

http://www.daizex.com/

* The series wil be released across seven DVD sets

* Part One will retail for $79.98, and contain episodes 1-42 in 4:3 aspect ratio

* Each set will come with an 80-page, hardcover book

* The set defaults to Japanese (English version presumably a secondary feature).

So glad I only ended up buying 2 of the "orange brick" season sets now. Also DB movie 1 is being released uncut (FUNImation didn't the rights to it before). For anyone who doesn't know, the dragonbox includes a remastered version of the series done by Toei and are a lot better than FUNImation rubbish remastering.

So glad I only ended up buying 2 of the "orange brick" season sets now. Also DB movie 1 is being released uncut (FUNImation didn't the rights to it before). For anyone who doesn't know, the dragonbox includes a remastered version of the series done by Toei and are a lot better than FUNImation rubbish remastering.

Man thats annoying. Not long after Season Nine comes out this happens. Plus Dragon ball Kai Dvds will be out in japan soon. Now I'm gonna have to sell my season sets

On a similar note Dragon Ball Kai episode 16 tomorrow :) Can't believe the fight with the saiyans will be over already

Edited by ssj

I've just finished watching the first FMA boxset and so far it's ok. It started off slow but things have started to pick up now that Scar is on the scene.

I have had a good laugh at certain points as it doesn't take itself too seriously and some of the other soldiers are great characters especially Hughes and Mustang.

I had a good laugh when Mustang said when he was in charge he would make all women officers wear mini skirts. Later I thought we were in for an epic fight with Scar Vs Mustang only to have Mustang get decked by Hawkeye because it was raining :D

Hughes is a great laugh due to his obession with his own daughter and Armstrong is funny due to his "passed down the Armstrong line for generations" line.

Im a bit miffed that Scar has turned out to be a bit of a nut job, he looks cool as hell and I really wanted him to be one of the good guys :(

I will start the 2nd boxset tomorrow

I've just finished watching the first FMA boxset and so far it's ok. It started off slow but things have started to pick up now that Scar is on the scene.

I have had a good laugh at certain points as it doesn't take itself too seriously and some of the other soldiers are great characters especially Hughes and Mustang.

I had a good laugh when Mustang said when he was in charge he would make all women officers wear mini skirts. Later I thought we were in for an epic fight with Scar Vs Mustang only to have Mustang get decked by Hawkeye because it was raining :D

Hughes is a great laugh due to his obession with his own daughter and Armstrong is funny due to his "passed down the Armstrong line for generations" line.

Im a bit miffed that Scar has turned out to be a bit of a nut job, he looks cool as hell and I really wanted him to be one of the good guys :(

After that watch the movie then FMA: Brotherhood that really follows the manga storyline.

Seen that happening months ago. FUNimation will always find ways to basically screw fans over. Then after the Dragon Boxes, they'll start a few variations of DBK.

Release date for the first Dragon box is 10th November, we're also getting the next episode previews as well if anyone cares (they weren't in the season sets). Can't wait to see peoples reactions when it plays the Japanese track by default.

Seen that happening months ago. FUNimation will always find ways to basically screw fans over. Then after the Dragon Boxes, they'll start a few variations of DBK.

Probably. Won't stop the fans from buying Kai as well though (doubt I will though).

Edited by Ike

It's a shame you're getting to like Hughes a lot... Also if you like Scar, he's much more cooler in the manga imo.

The bit with Riza and Roy in the rain was a funny bit. They kept it funny in the new season which was good, like others said check out the new one after that, or read the manga.

After that watch the movie then FMA: Brotherhood that really follows the manga storyline.

They kept it funny in the new season which was good, like others said check out the new one after that, or read the manga.

Yeah, will do guys. I will probably watch the movie, read the manga and then check out the new season once its released on dvd.

It's a shame you're getting to like Hughes a lot...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I can't believe they killed him! I actually had tears in my eyes, I was gutted

:( I hope Ed finds out soon as I want him to get revenge, im hoping Mustang gets his finger out and makes his move aswell.

The episodes with the prison were awesome, it was nice to see Ed not go through with killing humans just to make Al human again. Also when Ed stepped into the red liquid and overpowered himself was pretty cool.

The 2nd boxset finished where Ed and Al were just about to leave the island with their teacher when a young boy appeared. I have to wait til around wednesday until I get the last two.

If you thought it was good so far, wait for the other 2. Last half of the series for me got really epic. Loved it.

Yeah, it did get pretty damn awesome the last part of the show.

As for Ed or Roy's revenge it's awesome in the manga. Roy vs Lust, such a good fight.

Can't wait for DB since it's my favourite part of the series. The announcement of the Dragon Box though have made me wonder if I should wait and see if they release the Dragon Ball Dragon Box. Speaking of Dragon Box, it was confirmed we're also getting the 13 DBZ movies as well.

Can't wait for DB since it's my favourite part of the series. The announcement of the Dragon Box though have made me wonder if I should wait and see if they release the Dragon Ball Dragon Box. Speaking of Dragon Box, it was confirmed we're also getting the 13 DBZ movies as well.

I dont get why its 31 episodes though, because then it takes us four episodes into the red ribbon saga. It would make sense if they had 28 episodes, Ending at the tournament saga.

I'm not going to wait till the Dragon Ball dragon boxes are out, because it will probably be 2011 when they are released.

I dont get why its 31 episodes though, because then it takes us four episodes into the red ribbon saga. It would make sense if they had 28 episodes, Ending at the tournament saga.

I'm not going to wait till the Dragon Ball dragon boxes are out, because it will probably be 2011 when they are released.

Logic goes out of the window when FUNImation and Dragon Ball is involved.

Yeah, it did get pretty damn awesome the last part of the show.

As for Ed or Roy's revenge it's awesome in the manga. Roy vs Lust, such a good fight.

Roy vs lust?! Roy vs envy pisses all over that one. He really takes the piss in that fight.

Roy vs lust?! Roy vs envy pisses all over that one. He really takes the piss in that fight.

Ah yeah, it just popped into mind when I read that. The entire series is just awesome.

Speaking of FMA, Brotherhood has finally stopped being annoying and is plodding along nicely now. There was 1, maybe 2, cases of the annoying animation in the latest episode. Maybe they saw some comments online, obv 2chan or something, that it wasn't good and changed it. I like to think so.

I've just finished the last two FMA boxsets and loved it.

I was loving it when Roy got a hold of the skull and finally killed Pride. I was then gutted when I thought Hawkeye had arrived too late and he had died. I was then happy again to find he was alive and all was right in the world again

:D

Halo anime announced.

Hope it's balls but the names working on it... man.

Yeah I'm interested in this project. Though most videogame based anime's suck. Legend of Zelda was terrible. The english sonic x was aweful and even mario brothers was meh.

The trailer is coming tomorrow

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1006554p1.html

Suzumiya Haruhi 2009

• Ep 1 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1
  • Ep 2 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2
  • Ep 3 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3
  • Ep 4 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4
  • Ep 5 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5
  • Ep 6 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6
  • Ep 7 - The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Ep 8 - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
  • Ep 9 - Mystérique Sign
  • Ep 10 - Remote Island Syndrome Part 1
  • Ep 11 - Remote Island Syndrome Part 2
  • Ep 12 - Endless Eight : 15497th loop
  • Ep 13 - Endless Eight : 15498th loop
  • Ep 14 - Endless Eight : 15499th loop
  • Ep 15 - Endless Eight : 15513th loop
  • Ep 16 - Endless Eight : 15521th loop
  • Ep 17 - Endless Eight : 15524th loop

• Ep 8 - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
  • Ep 12 - Endless Eight : 15497th loop
  • Ep 13 - Endless Eight : 15498th loop
  • Ep 14 - Endless Eight : 15499th loop
  • Ep 15 - Endless Eight : 15513th loop
  • Ep 16 - Endless Eight : 15521th loop
  • Ep 17 - Endless Eight : 15524th loop

This is how to kill off a anime series folks.

Edited by Dante